Mirapoint

Mirapoint Reviews

Jeff Witous

No issue here

Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Mirapoint

ProsVery flexible with family life, and understanding when issues come up. Senior staff is very sociable and listens but also understands they can't think of it all and require others to pitch in and come up with ideas and implementing those ideas.

ConsPeople tend to do their own thing, not a lot cross pollination.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far I don't have any issues the way the company is being run. I think some hard choices had to be made and they where made. Continue the open lines of communication.

Good experience at an e-mail appliance manufacturer

Senior Support Engineer (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Mirapoint full-time for more than a year

ProsGet to work with many very smart and motivated people

ConsThe lack of structure sometimes made it difficult to keep abreast of the workload

Advice to Senior Managementprovide a training on Support processes and tools, so that in addition to learning the product, new hires can learn and adopt the company culture and processes more easily

Competing with Microsoft Exchange

Product Line Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Mirapoint

ProsMirapoint's products are sold as an appliance - which is good.

ConsCompeting with entrenched competition Microsoft Exchange - not a very good place to be in.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out your strategy for competing against Microsoft.

Don't expect much from its management team

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Mirapoint

ProsMost of the individual contributors are smart and talented folks. They are nice to work with and want to be successful.

ConsA few glaring weak points in senior management meant the company lacked vision. Many folks were frustrated by management's insistence on milking past markets rather than strategically positioning the company for future business opportunities. Perhaps Mirapoint recognizes the weakness of its management team. When last I checked they don't even have bios up for their managemetn team on the company website. Who is their management team? What kind of statement is that when management does not put its name on the door

Advice to Senior ManagementLet someone else run the show before all your talented employees and mangers leave for greener pastures. You can only milk the same cow for so long.

Worked for Mirapoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mirapoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mirapoint CEO Jeff Witous. All reviews posted anonymously by Mirapoint employees.