Mirixa

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
2.4

Rick Solano

Disjointed but some brilliant people working there. Unfortunately they decided to move marketing back to the west coast

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Reston, VA

I have been working at Mirixa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Healthcare IT is a hot industry. The CEO was a visionary when I was there. Unfortunately they let him go. I don't know anything about the current CEO.

Cons

They moved marketing to the west coast and then back again. Leadership was split over who should "own" marketing.

Don't give consultants more power and say so than employees.

Small (minded) Company

Current Employee - Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Mirixa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Useful product that can benefit elderly/sick patients manage medications. Small company so you don't have to navigate many layers, in theory.

Cons

Zero leadership to speak of. No accountability. Employees are treated very poorly and kept in the dark about all decisions. Morale is always low as regular unexpected downsizing is frequent. Very little integrity at the "top."

Hire new management. Treat employees with a little respect.

Costly personal experience

I have been working at Mirixa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good folks in Reston and Emeryville offices. The idea of adherence sounds good BUT adherence counseling is self selecting. Those who are adherent do the counseling, Early read on test and control was no lift on adherence. May have changed and they may now know how to compel people to do the counseling.

Cons

The 2009 management was so inexperienced with start-ups, they screwed up funding for this start up. Apparently the business plan was all over the map without a lot of specifics. The board fired the 2009 CEO, CFO and COO. About 30% were fired 4 months later to downsize.

Advise to anybody taking a job here, get at least a 3 month severance package built into your employment contract. If you want to work from home, get that in your contract as well. New management pulled that privilege.

Accountability and performance matter

Former Employee - Manager in Virginia (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Manager in Virginia (South Africa)

I worked at Mirixa full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company where performance, insight, vision, and execution matter and are rewarded accordingly.

Cons

Not a place to work if someone is incapable of bringing the items in the "Pros" section above to the table.

Reshuffle, reorganize and see the larger picture in the healthcare space with the "type" of service offerings already in place that can be branded outwards into various segments of the healthcare industry and not just MTM.

Hired, Just prior to downsizing and resignation of CEO

I worked at Mirixa

Pros

The location on the Virginia office was nice.

Cons

I was hired to do eLearning design and less than 1 month after I arrived the CEO resigned and 30% of the employees were let go. I was offered my manager's position after he was let go with no corresponding increase in pay. I left shortly there after.

I hope the change in management stabilized the organization.