Mirror Image Internet

Updated Feb 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gustav M. Vik

Good potential but no chance of success

ProsThere are a few good people here that if they were elsewhere could excel.

ConsThe root of most of the issues is senior management and the complete inability to have any kind of plan or understanding of how to run a technical organization. I believe the biggest issue is the COO which does not belong in that position and has no business running the company.

Unfortunately when you have problems at that level , there is no chance of success since the problem never goes away. I don't understand why the owners have not gotten rid of the COO and several others by now.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the dead weight and you could have potential success. The only way any success is possible is to bring in new upper management and start from the top. Otherwise, this company will eventually will cost to much to continue down this path.

Unsupportive Board of Directors and Owners

ProsGreat people overall. Senior management has made very positive changes with limited resources.

Cons...but, vacant and unsupportive owners do not support the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the changes and hope for new ownership some day!

It was OK, some of the technology was interesting, people were nice

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Tewksbury, MA

ProsGood, nice, friendly, knowledgeable people

ConsLack of planning and vision

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People, no corporate direction

Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Tewksbury, MA

ProsCreative staff, staff needed to find ways to work with older hardware and out of date software.

ConsLack of funds prevented us from keeping software up to date. Sr Management felt support contracts were scams and would not provide funds for software maintenance.

no work/life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsSome decent people to work with
    flexible schedule
    pay is ok

ConsCrazy work hours 60+ hours easy ( especially in netops)
    management is young and lacks experience
    quality is not a requirement here and it is more quantity focus
    many people are very burnt out and the attitudes can be very negative and even hostile at times

If you are looking for a long term job, this is not the place. If you choose to work here try to plan on only staying about a year or you will be completely fried... Lots of churn and burn . You will see many people come/go inside a year.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in getting more experienced technical people and stop the insane work schedules. There has to be some balance in what is sold to customers and what is reality.

Great co-workers, not so great management

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Tewksbury, MA

ProsInteresting to learn about edge caching technology, albeit it was out of date. Lots of hands on experience and the ability to learn.

ConsPay cuts, attitude of owners towards employees. Lack of respect and out of touch with the industry. Direction of the company was misled in internal politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementAre you are service company or a software company, stop re-inventing the wheel.

Problem company

Manager (Former Employee) Tewksbury, MA

ProsInteresting technology.
    Some very smart people.

ConsHigh level management is never there.
    Decisions require OK from senior management, who are never there.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not try to cut your way to profitability

I left before a year.

Software Development (Former Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsAccess to leading edge technology. Peer co-workers were good to work with but did not enjoy working with management. Good location for commuting.

ConsManager was very aggressive and combative with regards to work schedules and road blocks that were thrown up and trying to get them resolved. Was difficult to get most simple things accomplished due to roadblocks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the company and people fairly with competitive recognition. Appeared that people were laid off before stock options matured to save money.

Fading Away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood senior sales management and work/life balance.

ConsThey bizarrely have a sales rep (great resume!) in the CRO role and their technology is dated.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Sales VP & Marketing guy, the rest are either pointless or unreachable.

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, high turnover, poor treatment of employees & constant stress over job security.

(Current Employee)

ProsIn No Particular Order:
    1) Access to real world technology
    2) Very intelligent and helpful and friendly colleagues.
    3) Cutting edge technology where budget allows
    4) Amongst colleagues open technical discussions and open discussions for improvements.

ConsThis List Is In No Particular Order:
    1) High employee Turnover, willing and unwilling.
    2) Lack of process, procedures, documentation.
    3) Sink or Swim mentality and no available training or docs for training
    4) Unknown/Vague Expectations with no guidelines to measure personal performance
    5) Internal Political Tension
    6) Due to # 1-thru-5 above causes constant stress over job security.

Pass on employment here if you can! I am one of many who have been extended this critical and very true advice! Ethics goes right out the window here, whether you are planning a long term commitment or a shorter one, you will be treated as if you have one foot out the door. Probably for a good reason, they have left that foot out there for you! If you must take the job and I hope you do not, you should absolutely continue your job search as they have no loyalty to you and seem to be OK with this modus operandi. If you are a rock-star you threaten someone working there; if you are not, then you are an unnecessary burden (on the budget or someones' time). In what I have witnessed there seems to be a no win situation except whatever serves their need at the time.

There is no feeling of job security, this is NOT a grudge but the simple truth.

Advice to Senior Management1) Implement a structured training program for employees, for new and veteran employees.
    2) Create documentation that is up-to-date and thus relevant.
    3) Create a system for employee recognition and accomplishments.
    4) Start a company wide meeting where #3 above can be presented and company road map discussed.
    5) Implement an employee suggestion box that can be anonymous, if so desired, for improving the workplace atmosphere.
    6) Add criteria and expectations as a guide for personal performance.

Worked for Mirror Image Internet? Contribute to the Community!