Mirvac Reviews

2.5

James A. C. MacKenzie

Good

Former Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Mirvac part-time for less than a year

Pros

They're very organised. Good management.

Cons

A lack of culture in the environment.

incompetent management that cares only for profits and not employees

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Attendant  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Attendant in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Mirvac

Pros

Nice view of the harbour from the Bar. Hotel has good reviews on Tripadvisor and a number of colleagues are quite nice.

Cons

Management cares only about profits and cost cutting at the expense of employees. When it is busy they would make us work 10hrs+ without break then force us to sign off our breaks (Highly illegal!!!) and on quiet days they would make us take breaks so they don't have to pay us and send us home with only 3 hours worth of pay! How can one be motivated to work for a company like this?

Take care your staff and they will take care your customers! Consider hiring new management/supervisors, your current ones are a liability!

responsible for a/p, a/r and other general accounting duties

Former Employee - Finance Officer  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Finance Officer in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Mirvac

Pros

Great colleagues within the same level, supervisors were sensible to give time off / flexibility for you to look after your personal errands

Cons

Spending my time there for almost 2 years, No single training provided at all. I couldnt see career growth there., no clear segregation of duties, too many ad hoc requirements that you think may create conflict of interest. Salary was below standard for that degree of responsibility.

Invest in people!, treat people as your asset. Talk to HR consultant and restructure your salary structure so that it is competitive. The management is aiming to become employer of choice. How can you become Employer of choice if you dont update your salary structure with the current market standard?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hotel Duty Manager

Former Employee - Duty Manager  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Duty Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Mirvac

Pros

Good people, have lots of different hotels to choose from all over Australia.

Cons

No career growth, low salary for the level of responsibility.

Look after the people that are after a career, and have a good skill set. Otherwise it will just be another bunch of not so happy employees coming and going over and over...

Worked for Mirvac? Contribute to the Community!