Mission Critical Solutions

Updated July 15, 2014
Updated July 15, 2014
2.7

Gilbert T. Gonzalez

Amazing longevity in a volatile industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mission Critical Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company has weathered numerous downturns in the economy over 25 years and emerged stable and positioned for growth every time. This is a testament to the great quality staff.....many with 10 - 15 years of tenure and more. Many employees who have left to pursue advancement with competitors have come back.

Cons

Due to the small size and constant adjustments to the changing economic conditions there seems to be a constant state of growing pains. There also seems to always be more work than available hands necessary to get everything done optimally.

More and clearer communications from senior management on the direction of the company and more line level decision making authority would help many of the day to day challenges.

Good at first then suffered at the hands of new managers

I worked at Mission Critical Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much to say. Office culture at times was horrible due to a few individuals. Vacation and benefits are good.

Cons

Make sure your starting salary is good as you will not get much else after.

Great opportunity, limited by legacy employee's.

I have been working at Mission Critical Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love the opportunity to grow, learn and be utilized in many different roles.

Cons

Office politics, combative personalities, scared, uneducated, uninformed and overpaid VP's make a bad working environment.

Clean out the employees that aren't contributing. Many positions are redundant, while others are necessary and not being filled. Do not trust the "managers". Many times they are only interested in saving their own skin and increasing their bottom line. Promote from within and don't allow people from the outside to come in and command higher wages than the individuals who have been loyal to the company and have the companies best interest in mind.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Management

Former Employee - Accounting  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting in Tampa, FL

I worked at Mission Critical Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience with Timberline and government projects. Project management personnel were very cooperative. Had a good deal of government projects that assured stability

Cons

When problems were brought to managements attention they weren't even investigated. So you either play by there rules or you are let go.

Honestly can't think of anything to say that I hadn't already said. Maybe it has changed over the years but while I was there I felt a sense of dishonesty that made me very uncomfortable.

Regretful

Former Employee - Purchasing  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Tampa, FL

I worked at Mission Critical Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The owner is a kind man.

Cons

The owner is generous to a fault. The executives will be his end.

Fire 95% of the upper management and the executive two faced bullies and the company will breath fresh air and while you are at it, clean out the complacent dead wood...

Great company with so much potential.

Current Employee - Operations  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Tampa, FL

Pros

Talented, skilled and certified employees in their respective fields. Plenty of room for advancement. Above average compensation. Training opportunities are limited but if you excel and commit to a training path most of management will support you. Very hands on type of owner that truly does care for his employees. Phenomenal benefits package for permanent employees eg; generous 401k, 12 paid holidays just to name a few. Definitely a merit based company.

Cons

Senior management is very protective of their positions, a select few will literally not acknowledge a "lower level" employee even in good morning type of pleasantries. Multiple VP's for same positions which makes chain of command a little complex. One particular VP has been responsible for their extremely high turn over rate of well qualified personnel.
    Sales and Operations seems to have a tick more separation and dissention than normal.

Adjust the privileged VP's mindset. Close the gap between grossly over paid and grossly underpaid for the same positions. Longevity should only hold a few perks. Flush out the legacy people that aren't earning their paychecks.

Telecommunication Tech

Current Employee - Telecommunications Tech  in  Wichita Falls, TX
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Tech in Wichita Falls, TX

I have been working at Mission Critical Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is very good and likes to work with the employees.

Cons

No real problems working for them.

Nothing, I enjoy working with and for them.

Experience was satisfactory.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Mission Critical Solutions

Pros

Education compensation.
    Salary above average.
    Additional benefit compensation.

Cons

Time sheet system not automated.

I came on feeling great about my abilities and during my time was made to feel less valuable

I worked at Mission Critical Solutions

Pros

The people-other employees is the best reason

Cons

Upper management never takes employees into consideration

Changes need to be made

Worked for Mission Critical Solutions? Contribute to the Community!