Mission Critical Solutions

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gilbert T. Gonzalez

Amazing longevity in a volatile industry.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe company has weathered numerous downturns in the economy over 25 years and emerged stable and positioned for growth every time. This is a testament to the great quality staff.....many with 10 - 15 years of tenure and more. Many employees who have left to pursue advancement with competitors have come back.

ConsDue to the small size and constant adjustments to the changing economic conditions there seems to be a constant state of growing pains. There also seems to always be more work than available hands necessary to get everything done optimally.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore and clearer communications from senior management on the direction of the company and more line level decision making authority would help many of the day to day challenges.

Good at first then suffered at the hands of new managers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot much to say. Office culture at times was horrible due to a few individuals. Vacation and benefits are good.

ConsMake sure your starting salary is good as you will not get much else after.

Great opportunity, limited by legacy employee's.

ProsI love the opportunity to grow, learn and be utilized in many different roles.

ConsOffice politics, combative personalities, scared, uneducated, uninformed and overpaid VP's make a bad working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out the employees that aren't contributing. Many positions are redundant, while others are necessary and not being filled. Do not trust the "managers". Many times they are only interested in saving their own skin and increasing their bottom line. Promote from within and don't allow people from the outside to come in and command higher wages than the individuals who have been loyal to the company and have the companies best interest in mind.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Management

Accounting (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsExperience with Timberline and government projects. Project management personnel were very cooperative. Had a good deal of government projects that assured stability

ConsWhen problems were brought to managements attention they weren't even investigated. So you either play by there rules or you are let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly can't think of anything to say that I hadn't already said. Maybe it has changed over the years but while I was there I felt a sense of dishonesty that made me very uncomfortable.

Regretful

Purchasing (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe owner is a kind man.

ConsThe owner is generous to a fault. The executives will be his end.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire 95% of the upper management and the executive two faced bullies and the company will breath fresh air and while you are at it, clean out the complacent dead wood...

Great company with so much potential.

Operations (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsTalented, skilled and certified employees in their respective fields. Plenty of room for advancement. Above average compensation. Training opportunities are limited but if you excel and commit to a training path most of management will support you. Very hands on type of owner that truly does care for his employees. Phenomenal benefits package for permanent employees eg; generous 401k, 12 paid holidays just to name a few. Definitely a merit based company.

ConsSenior management is very protective of their positions, a select few will literally not acknowledge a "lower level" employee even in good morning type of pleasantries. Multiple VP's for same positions which makes chain of command a little complex. One particular VP has been responsible for their extremely high turn over rate of well qualified personnel.
    Sales and Operations seems to have a tick more separation and dissention than normal.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust the privileged VP's mindset. Close the gap between grossly over paid and grossly underpaid for the same positions. Longevity should only hold a few perks. Flush out the legacy people that aren't earning their paychecks.

Telecommunication Tech

Telecommunications Tech (Current Employee) Wichita Falls, TX

ProsManagement is very good and likes to work with the employees.

ConsNo real problems working for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing, I enjoy working with and for them.

Experience was satisfactory.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsEducation compensation.
    Salary above average.
    Additional benefit compensation.

ConsTime sheet system not automated.

I came on feeling great about my abilities and during my time was made to feel less valuable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people-other employees is the best reason

ConsUpper management never takes employees into consideration

Advice to Senior ManagementChanges need to be made

Worked for Mission Critical Solutions? Contribute to the Community!