Mission Hospital

Mission Hospital Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Patient Transporter

ProsBenefits, Flexibility, Culture is good, ok pay,

ConsManagement is garbage, No room for growth if you are not liked by management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

If you bring up a safety concern they retaliate against you

ProsClose to home, Magnet hospital

ConsCut staff frequently making nurses work short-handed, unsafe. Say they have a "culture of safety" but do not even care about the safety of their own employees. Cut hours and pay, no union so able to get away with discrimination, retaliation. Would rather have people less educated so they do not know when they are not meeting national standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the employees that have experience and education. Do not say that national standards are "optional". If you are truly a culture of safety, care about what employees are exposed to in the work environment.

Very disappointed in management

ProsGood people in general staff

ConsIncompetent, disorganized management.
    As far getting hired, if you're young and attractive or a comedian, then you've got a good shot.
    Maturity, professionalism, and great job performance are not appreciated.
    Recent cutbacks to staffing, compensation, and benefits were blamed on preparing for the new healthcare law - the effects of which no one knows yet. However the hospital continues to invest heavily in growing their network of care facilities in order to maintain their dominance in the western NC area and continue fending off Carolinas Healthcare.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave managers undergo leadership training to develop managerial and interpersonal skills. Managers need to stop having their favorites and treat all staff members the same.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed reviews

Manager (Former Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

ProsHard working employees, lots of people trying to do their best to serve their community.

ConsOverworked employees, so many on anti-depressants. With budget cuts, employees are overworked, underpaid, and feel undervalued. Many in upper level management do not know how to manage, so problems fall on deaf ears.

Advice to Senior ManagementI doubt they'd listen.

ICU nurse

Nurse (Current Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

ProsGood teamwork among the staff. Patients seem to be happy most of the time.

ConsBare bones staffing and lots of collateral duties. Management expects us to baby the MDs and constantly push them to order correctly, read specialist reports, etc.. Lots of lay offs mean more work for the rest of us.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk us what we need and how you can help the people who actually do the work that justifies your job.

Just okay...Caucasian feels like a minority there and one can feel excluded in some departments

Nutrition Services (Former Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

ProsConsidering size of employer - they give plenty of little perks to their employees during the holidays. Flowers, chocolates, Turkeys and I think my department even gave out gift cards as well.

ConsAs a new employee, you will work every holiday and weekend. Life balance is difficult to achieve.

If you are Caucasian, you could feel like a minority in many departments. Employees are speaking another language and do not care to include you in on their conversation. In my department, I was a minority and an outcast because I did not speak Spanish, Tagalog or any other language to be included with them.

My department was fast-paced and they did not staff it well - I even had to miss breaks frequently just to get it all done.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff your department well enough every shift in order to meet the demands you expect of your employees.

Liaison between physicians, hospital and staff support

Medical Staff Support Representative (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsLocation, Hours and Discounts for employees for many area venues,as well as discounts for cafeteria

ConsParking for employees is off campus or you pay to park

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter "open-door" policy

dissatisfied

Lab (Current Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

Prospeople are friendly, benefits are good, my immediate supervisor is great

Consco-workers consistantly coming in late everyday, upper management and hospital administration devaluing my department by not providing the best technology to do my job, co-workers who are burned out ("retired on the job") and don't care about the patients they're serving or the impact their job has on those patient's care.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees need to be inspired to be PROFESSIONALS and care about the job they do for patients.

Worked for Mission Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mission Hospital reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Mission Hospital employees.