Missionary Training Center

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
4.6

CEO

Pros
  • Positive environment and good compensation for a campus job (in 9 reviews)

• You get to interact with a lot of great people, and contribute meaningfully (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Scheduling is difficult to manage (in 2 reviews)

• I really can't think of any con's I really enjoyed my time working at the MTC (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

A wonderful environment and unparalleled sense of meaning to your work, one of a kind.

Former Employee - Zone Coordinator, Teacher  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Zone Coordinator, Teacher in Provo, UT

I worked at Missionary Training Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seeing immediate impact in the missionaries you teach is an incredible feeling - the fact that you are paid at the same time is merely an ancillary benefit

Cons

Scheduling classes around work schedule can be difficult the farther you are in your schooling

Best Job Ever

Former Employee - MTC Teacher  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - MTC Teacher in Provo, UT

I worked at Missionary Training Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with young missionaries, great co-workers, great learn how to be a better teacher and person.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Job was as expected

I have been working at Missionary Training Center

Pros

Very understanding with scheduling and school

Cons

Boss was not organized and did not run our branch efficiently

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place

I have been working at Missionary Training Center

Pros

room for growth and you are able to be part of a lot of different areas of the technology field.

Cons

wearing shirt and tie everyday is sometimes a drag especially when you are moving computer equipment

Excellent place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Missionary Training Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to use language skills. There are opportunities to lead and supervise, if that's what you are looking for. Great pay for a college job.

Cons

The hours are usually odd (which can be a good thing if you go to school in the day and need to work during the evening).

Very fun

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Teacher in Provo, UT

I worked at Missionary Training Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was great being around the missionaries and working with them. My co workers were great people to be around as well.

Cons

I really can't think of any con's I really enjoyed my time working at the MTC. Things were really great when I was there.

None

Fulfilling job, great environment to work in

Former Employee - Spanish Teacher  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Spanish Teacher in Provo, UT

I worked at Missionary Training Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a very fulfilling job, the pay is good (for a college student), and the people you work with are fun to be around.

Cons

It can be hard to balance working and studying, but that can be said about any job.

I often found that managers had contradicting opinions about pedagogy, which is fine, I wouldn't expect everyone to have the same opinion, but it's impossible to adhere to everybody's opinion about pedagogy. When managers contradict each other, rather than asking all the teachers to follow one style of teaching, I think it would be better for each manager to present his/her reasoning, then let the teachers decide. Both sides usually make good points anyway, and it didn't seem to me that either side made a huge difference. However, for research purposes, it might be better to have a control group and evaluate the results from two or more different styles of teaching.

Teaching at the MTC is a wonderful experience

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Teacher in Provo, UT

I have been working at Missionary Training Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

We are constantly trying to perfect our teaching in order to help our missionaries in the best way possible. Really flexible hours and great coworkers.

Cons

None. Maybe the fact that it's hard to get holidays off in the summer because everyone wants to, but shifts aren't very long.

Great way to keep the mission spirit in your life

Current Employee - MTC Teacher  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - MTC Teacher in Provo, UT

I have been working at Missionary Training Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to teach what you love, it is an incredible opportunity. I heard some teachers tell me that I may get sick of it after a few months and get tired of the missionaries, but I have worked here for 2 years now and still love everything about it.

Cons

Management isn't perfectly consistent across the whole MTC, so your experience with management can be a little varied depending which language you teach. I would say 95% are great, but they are given a lot of leeway to lead in whatever way they like.

It would be good to have consistent training MTC-wide more frequently. It happens only once or twice every 3-4 months.

Best Place to Work

I worked at Missionary Training Center part-time

Pros

You get to make a real difference in people's lives, and see how people grow and develop. It is highly rewarding.

Cons

Hours are often difficult to manage, and you often have to do work off the clock. Your entire schedule has to be made around when class room schedules are available.

None

Worked for Missionary Training Center? Contribute to the Community!