Missouri Baptist Medical Center

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven H. Lipstein

Great team of people to work with

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGreat benefits, room for overtime, flexible scheduling, very knowledgeable support staff. Free gifts yearly. Free little luncheons at least once a year. Free parking in the covered garage.

ConsThere was difficulty transferring to another floor. The floor I was on was very busy and often it was hard to get a break until after 8 hours of work (in a 12 hour midnight shift).

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if the management focused on all the good their staff was doing instead of trying daily to audit (catch) anyone doing anything minutely wrong. Also physically helping the staff when they are overloaded instead of constantly attending meetings and being MIA in an office or off the floor.

Missouri Baptist Medical Center - one of the best places to work in St. Louis

Prosgreat culture and work/life balance

Consnonfor profit limits the salary

It was overall very positive.

Operating Room Technician (Former Employee)

ProsBeing able to work with a great medical team, and it was a fun atmosphere to be apart of. Great training program.

ConsThe cons of the job was only being limited to one part of the hospital. I worked in the operating room for my entire employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great if there were more performance reviews, because only being part time and working in the summers it was difficult to know where you stand.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent employer and work environment

ProsWell respected hospital with outstanding staff members and physicians.

ConsSome inflexiblity in working hours. Would be better if it would all for a better work-life-balance.

Good hospital.

ProsGreat staff, good insurance, new facility.

ConsSame problems as many other hospitals. Low pay, lower raises, high turnover.

Friendly with very high expectations

Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) Town and Country, MO

ProsThis hospital has a pleasant environment with friendly staff. It is well-maintained and cleanliness is a major focus.

ConsMy experience was one of poor assignments, based solely on patient room location without taking acuity into account. This could make for a very pleasant day, or a nightmare, depending on the particular assignment and the attitudes of those around you on any given day.

Great care givers, but forget personal time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Town and Country, MO

ProsVery passionate people, some great executives. Very patient centric environment. The team is very driven to make the hospital a great place for care.

ConsStruggle with the idea of personal time. High expectations anchored with seemingly misguided metrics. Poor conflict skills, which leads to a lot of back door conversations. Have a tough time getting past the daily issues to build something below the surface.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up. Especially with each other.

One of the better places that I've worked

ProsAccess to the best medical care in St.Louis
    Modern and up to date equipment
    Innovating new ideas and methods in medicine

ConsDirect management does not listen to my ideas or complaints
    Direct management does not work at the same time as I do so I never see her; how is someone suposed to do a review when they are totaly clueless as to what I actually do when I'm working.

Emergency Department: Drama & Politics. Consistent change in leadership. Few enabled nurses.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsSelf-scheduling. Staffing. Less busy ER (so allows time for drama=Con).

ConsMajority of patient clientele believes the nurse's job is to "get the doctor" and provide them a warm blanket. Raises are minimal. Disharmonious physician-nurse relationships.

Diversity

Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsUp to date Hospital new patient suites in heart hospital, very clean

ConsLack of diversity in nursing. Ratio of diverse nurses to population is off dramatically

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace differences you might actually learn a better way to do things and your patient demographics may benefit.

Worked for Missouri Baptist Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!