Missouri State Highway Patrol

I have been working at Missouri State Highway Patrol

ProsIndependent working conditions, Good Training, good coworkers
Good equipment
Good benefits

ConsHave to move for promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementLet us wear lug sole boots

The most unnecessarily stressful job I ever had

Driver Examiner III (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Missouri State Highway Patrol full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits, earn lots of sick leave and vacation time, get 12 paid holidays per year

ConsMorale is extremely low, immediate supervisors and upper management all have "God" complexes, even though you go through an extensive background check into your life, including financial, past employment experience, etc, they constantly question your integrity, they follow you in your personal life to a ridiculous level, using anything and everything they can to make your life miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not Gods, you just work for the highway patrol. Quit playing favorites with employees. Don't change a policy that takes 2 steps, and turn it into something that takes 30 to get it done. If you can't give decent raises, then raise employee morale by recognizing the good that they do instead of dwelling on the negative and tell them about it, and don't do it once a year as a blanket "good job" at a troop meeting.

Worked for Missouri State Highway Patrol? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Missouri State Highway Patrol reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Missouri State Highway Patrol employees.