Missouri Western State University

CEO

1. Theater Tech

Former Employee - Technical Theater Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Theater Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Missouri Western State University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great college job. I got to work on various projects from Opera to Miss Missouri. I did a lot of different jobs from usher to sounds to lights.

Cons

No real con. I enjoyed working the theatre. Hours were inconsistent but overall a great job for a college student.

2. Resident Assistant

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Missouri Western State University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

free room and board, choose hours to work

Cons

have to deal with a lot of confrontation and have to work at least one whole night a week

3. Worker

I have been working at Missouri Western State University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Vacation time plus a week for thanksgiving and christmas. Drive time to work is extremely short and the 7 1/2 hour workday is nice.

Cons

The constant change of rules and the number of rules to follow while at work seem to distract from the process for students.

Advice to Management

Change of the current system of reviews with no benefit. Find ways to reward workers who give the extra effort for the students and the University.

5. Graduate Assistant

Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Missouri Western State University (More than a year)

Pros

The supervisors understood the value of a work life balance being very understanding of my scheduling making it enjoyable to be at work.

Cons

The physical environment of the office was not the best but that was the only con.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Missouri Western State University (More than 5 years)

Pros

- work-life balance - respect from colleagues - positive work environment - time off and benefits

Cons

- pay is a little lower than other universities - not much chance for promotion

7. Your experience working here will totally depend on your direct supervisor.

Pros

Tax break Willingness to work with schedule Understanding that school comes first Ability to do hw during slow periods Ability to take days off with short notice in order to study

Cons

Some supervisors can be really unfriendly and expect more work than was described upon hiring. Had a supervisor who would literally assign busy work sheets to be done during slow periods and had to be completed and turned in or a bad evaluation was given, even if that meant completing the assignment as homework. Also have had good understanding supervisors and also know students that had extremely lenient supervisors. So it's the luck of the draw but that factor will very much dictate how pleasant or unpleasant your work experience is.

Good place to kick off my career.

Current Employee - Intern in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Intern in Saint Joseph, MO

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere, good overall environment to work in. For the most part very nice staff and faculty at Missouri Western.

Cons

The main negative I've noticed with my time at MWSU is their struggle with the funding they have. Seems like there will never be room to move up the chain or create new positions.

Advice to Management

Try and do a better job of distributing the funds that they do have and build on bringing in more overall revenue at all costs.

9. So hard working and so on know i'm rate some anonymous review of glass door

Current Employee - Engineering in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Engineering in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Missouri Western State University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

when working together with my co-worker

Cons

in a comfort room some kidding

Advice to Management

So Study Hard so will get a Rich Life

RSS Feed </> Embed