Mitel Networks Reviews

Reset
3.2
Mitel Networks CEO Richard McBee
Richard McBee

Pros
  • The opportunity to meet some great people (in 7 reviews)

• Decent pay for job requirements (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no real regard for it's employees (in 9 reviews)

• So many changes that you are constantly worried about getting laid off or let go (in 3 reviews)

1. Company Review

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time

Pros

Great company overall to work with

Cons

Management should learn how to lead their group

2. Much travel required

Current Employee - Systems Implementation Specialist/Trainer in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Systems Implementation Specialist/Trainer in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent medical benefits, profit sharing

Cons

A lot of employee benefits were cut after 2007 merger.

Advice to Management

Management is not reviewed properly by HR.

3. good, steady company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

job security, consistent work, few surprises

Cons

lack of mobility both in position & salary

Advice to Management

review employees annually

5. Sales

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Mitel Networks

Pros

A paycheck. Covered parking. Leave at 5pm. Um ... yeah, that would be all. I'm out.

Cons

I have no idea how this company stays in business. Prior to Mitel I've had 20+ successful years in IT sales, only joining this company based upon "grand promises" made by a former colleague of mine who was starting up a new team, and favorable industry review (obviously by parties with vested interests in propping up a fake company, devoid of any "real" technology, or niche whatsoever, in a very competitive market). I was awe-inspired to learn not only that the management in my local office (with 10+ years tenure) was accepting kickbacks from a favored local reseller, not only a relative whose company was listed under HIS MOTHER'S NAME, but that everyone in the office KNEW ABOUT IT ... and said nothing! This was only the beginning of a journey I can only compare to that of Alice in Wonderland (without the magic mushrooms, unfortunately). The product is decent but ordinary, prices uncompetitive, management has 0% sense of urgency (which is usually unnecessary since most of sales would have a better chance of seeing GOD than get to the point in the sales process in which management would prove useful), and much to everyone's amazement ... they still had the BALLS to not only constantly criticize (all of) sales for lack of performance, but impose even higher sales goals & totalitarian behavior as punishment. I swear, Mitel management has some secret society, and knowingly takes actions which, would otherwise run a company into the ground, but for some reason this beater company just keeps on keepin' on. I have no idea how they stay in business. Every single sales person, even those who stuck around, considers Mitel a freaking joke. A paycheck. I'm embarassed to claim I ever worked for these guys. Calling these pathetic fools "clowns" would be like calling Hitler "mean." There are no words to describe life at this company. The positive comments MUST come from shills (management, posing as employees), idiots, lobotomy patients, or victims of Mitel MK Ultra mind control. No way in HELL could anyone otherwise consider ANY amount of time working for this backasswards company worthwhile. I'm 100% convinced a corporate conspiracy exists after working here. No other way to explain how this company continues to pay its bills. If you are looking at this company for possible employment, I highly recommend you lace up your Nikes and run for the hills. Immediately.

Advice to Management

Are full frontal lobotomies required, as part of Mitel's management training? Is there a secret conspiracy, or running joke, to see how long management can actually prod its employees, and continue the facade of Mitel as a "real company?" Come on, what's the joke guys ... inquiring minds what to know. Oh wait ... the lobotomies, sorry ... I truly didn't mean to offend you guys with the "inquiring minds" comment. Honest mistake. Carry on.

6. Director of Vertical Business Development

Current Employee - Director of Vertical Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Vertical Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mitel Networks

Pros

It's a great place to work!

Cons

There aren't any cons that I'm aware of presently.

Advice to Management

Great job!

7. Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Mitel Networks

Pros

Some good people to work with

Cons

Lack of clear vision, run from bottom up, understaffed

Cronyism, likes to hire people that have no experience in telecom and can smile.

Advice to Management

Decide what you want to do and be consistent, stop re branding every 3 months it makes you look foolish.

8. Great place to work

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent team environment, solid training, industry leading products, company is in acquisition mode and in very good financial shape. Solid leadership.

Cons

Visibility and tracking of progress in meeting and exceeding sales quotas lacking, HR benefits are expensive and change every year.

Advice to Management

Need to work on creating more cohesion among all of the units that have been brought under the Mitel umbrella. Jump start the marketing initiative launched in October 2014 which has stalled with the loss of the CMO.

9. Growing company with associated growing pains

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people and hard workers in a current environment of a growing company.
    Cloud business has taken off and customer base is growing.
    Profit share in place for most employees.
    401(K) matching was brought back.

Cons

Pay is not competitive.
    Annual increases are not routine; nor are reviews.
    Cloud business growing and lots of hiring so a low experience level at some positions.

Advice to Management

Implement yearly salary reviews/increases.
    Implement an employee referral program to attract new talent.
    Create a more "fun" environment to help with the stress of keeping up with all the work.

for a communications company, there was no communications.

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

a good company but...one of those companies that prides them selves on underpaying their employees because they think you'll work harder.

Cons

VPs are from old wire-line world and, at a time where cloud computing needs visionary people, some of them just had a hard time keeping up. Mitel had such a large analog business the activity around the office wasn't next-gen technology opportunities, it was servicing analog customers with pride. While valiant, it made old school VPs let a lot of talented sales people fall thrugh the cracks.

Advice to Management

it's no wonder Mitel wants to by their larges competitor, ShoreTel, the new darling in the industry. My advice is don't, you'll only ruin it for the industry that made the move to cloud computing while you kept one foot in the past.

Management micromanages everything and making progress on designs projects is impossible.

I worked at Mitel Networks

Pros

They say all the right tings.

Cons

Management micromanages everything and making progress on the simplest of tasks is slow and near impossible.

Advice to Management

GE OUT OF THE WAY. YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL.ANSWERS

RSS Feed </> Embed