Mitel Networks Reviews

Updated April 14, 2015
99 reviews filtered by
Mitel Networks CEO Richard McBee
Richard McBee

Pros
  • The opportunity to meet some great people (in 7 reviews)

• Work Schedule flexibility was a major plus and being able to work from home was a tremendous advantage when kids were sick and had to stay home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no real regard for it's employees (in 9 reviews)

• The benefits are not good, no 401k match (in 4 reviews)

Management micromanages everything and making progress on designs projects is impossible.

I worked at Mitel Networks

Pros

They say all the right tings.

Cons

Management micromanages everything and making progress on the simplest of tasks is slow and near impossible.

Advice to Management

GE OUT OF THE WAY. YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL.ANSWERS

They sell you on a position that is not what they say it is...

Former Employee - Cloud Communications Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Cloud Communications Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Mitel Networks

Pros

You can work remote, make your own schedule, money is good if you can actually make the sell (which most people are not)...

Cons

EVERYTHING... Useless pipeline calls, they tell customers they can do things when the technology can't, quotas no one can meet, outdated ways, boring sell, useless paperwork they wan't you to use, tracked cold calls that don't turn into anything. The list goes on and on.

Advice to Management

Good luck, I honestly don't even know how things could get better. Maybe give up and move on?

If you want to get paid what you earn, DO NOT work at Mitel.

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been at Mitel for 18 months and would not recommend working here to my worst enemy. I know of three good things: my paychecks don't bounce and my expenses are paid timely and work life balance is easy because there is no accountable for anyone, even for those of us that have asked for it.

Cons

Year end 2014 numbers are coming out and management is already talking to several sales people about not being able to pay them their full commission.

This is an old Telco company stuck in the 1990's and most of the Middle Management are men who have been employed by Mitel or a Mitel acquisition on average of 22 years. Forward, out of the box thinking is not in their vocabulary. Management works in a vacuum and does not listen to the expertise of the people they have hired. The Sales Staff across all markets has not been paid correctly since I have been here. Most comp plans come out qtrs after numbers have come in and there is no way to reconcile the numbers.

Advice to Management

'A' employees are leaving or looking for jobs, but all the deadwood is hanging on. HR tells everyone that talks to them that they are the only one complaining. Newsflash, when people aren't paid what their comp plan states, they talk to each other. HR is aware of all the discrepancies and their no action approach tells everyone that they hope we will all just go away and brush it under the rug. Sad, but true.

Got ethics? Go elsewhere.

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time

Pros

There are no pros at Mitel.

Cons

Mitel is like a wild west saloon, pretending to be a professional company. If you have integrity and real business skills, then no paycheck will make Mitel worth your time. On the other hand, if you don't mind turning your head the other way and stroking executive egos all day (among other things), then go on over - they'd love to have you.

Keep looking if you go to work at Mitel..... Horrible company to work for!!

I worked at Mitel Networks

Pros

Product is decent but nothing special!

Cons

Complete bait and switch from interview. Huge turn over, poor pay and abusive management.

Advice to Management

Wake up

Burnout Paradise

Former Employee - Technical Support in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Reno, NV

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with people not in management.

Cons

Management, Strategy, Direction, Physical Environment, Benefits, No culture

Advice to Management

Grow some common sense

Extremely POOR experience... would give 1/2 if I could, only because they provide AC & Heat.

Former Employee - CAM in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - CAM in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great restrooms in the Mesa AZ location. That's all for the positive comments!!!

Cons

They don't even have covered parking UNLESS YOU PAY FOR IT MONTHLY...WTF!!! It soars well over 100 degrees everyday in the AZ summers. You can't "afford" to pay for FREE covered parking for your employees that upper management expect to be working 24/7!?
    This place is a complete JOKE... they don't care about the employees, they'll lay anyone off if it will save them a couple bucks!!! Especially when they're acquiring soooo many new companies and they have save for the stockholders (on the board, that is). They LOVE to screw the revenue reports by saving they've had "record numbers" but, follow that public statement with a yet ANOTHER sneaky, behind closed doors, snake like lay off/hiring freeze. Sounds like a company achieving "RECORD REVENUE" numbers, doesn't it? As a prospective employee (if a local dishwashing job isn't available) understand one thing. This job will remind of being a kid again; because you will always be micro managed and your judgment will constantly get challenged. Your daily or weekly one on ones will consist of... did you take out the trash, clean your room, do the dishes, vacuum the floor, water the yard etc...etc. You will feel like your getting scolded by your parents all over again. The ONLY reason you will find tenured employees there now is because they are waiting for the nice severance pkg they have in their future... and it's coming, and they know it!
    Lastly, they are TOOOO many employees with MACROCEPHALY.

Advice to Management

My best advice to "management" is to stop pointing fingers, accept accountability, get your hands dirty and pitch in to help create a positive work environment that builds morale and motivates. HELP FIX THE PROBLEMS, rather than obsess over fixing the blame!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also, and most importantly...PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES & STOP CHARGING INSANELY HIGH MEDICAL COSTS. Not everyone has an inflated title and salary.

THE WORSE CAREER EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE

Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are none. All of it sucks. All of it. I was recruited with their smoke & mirrors offer, none of it was honored by management.

Cons

Old-school management has zero respect for human talent. I fully expect barcode tattoos and reference employee number vs. name will be next in order.

Management rules from an ivory tower and is never available, unresponsive, lacks direction/ strategy/knowledge needed to run a company and blames everything on its employees. Why in the hell do you hire people with experience when you could give a crap about their opinions? Suggestion - hire trained monkeys vs humans. They're cheaper and easier to manage under hostile circumstances.

When sales hits 10% of its quarterly quota, whose problem is it? Theirs? Yes, these idiots point fingers at their sales reps/managers, like they must all be doing something wrong. Instead of asking for feedback, they prescribe more of the same "everyone required to make 100 cold calls/daily." I seriously have no clue how these clowns are still allowed to run the company. In fact their business decisions are so horrible there's a conspiracy rumor, that perhaps they're intentionally burning the company to ashes. Like an arsonist for insurance money. THIS is how asinine their decisions seem to their employees. Where are you Mitel shareholders? Don't you guys pay attention to Glass Door?

Internal processes are all backasswards, and management makes no attempt to fix them. You FINALLY make a sale and your order gets held up because some schmuck with a spreadsheet took off for vacation and nobody bothered to back him up. Phones are shipped before they're properly provisioned. Yes, this happens. A lot.

Speaking of which, the term "sales prevention" is frequently referred to within a course of the day. It's almost as if Mitel does not WANT you to make a sale. 3-4 months is typically time it takes for a sales rep to make a sale. No kidding. A 5-phone deal taking 3-4 months? Something is VERY wrong with that and sales should be informed BEFORE they accept the job. So they can stock up on Top Ramen and cans for recycling, because very unlikely they'll earn commission for the first six months.

Lack of integrity - I swear the good ol boys in executive management must have met while working on a used car lot. You can't trust a word they say, and you're only as good as the last month you hit quota. Miss a month and you get the dreaded PIP (Performance Improvement Plan), with constant reminders that you better hit quota or be fired. Luckily for the many folks considered "underachievers" by Mitel, so many people quit, they can't fire anyone. Then management might have to actually work, and/or go sell something. Right, like that's going to happen.

Overall - if you are thinking about working for this company, I would recommend not doing it unless absolutely desperate for a paycheck. In fact, I'd ratherh hold a cardboard sign off a freeway ramp then work here. At least you'd be able to look at yourself in the mirror and sleep at night. This company lacks integrity, structure and direction. I give it less than a year before investors see through the smoke and mirrors.

Advice to Management

Get rid of them. They are driving the company into the ground. The products and technology are good, and some good talent still on board. However when you threaten your people, dictate to them, treat them like a commodity they will not only underperform but make you pay their salary while looking for another job. I would say "the day of reckoning" for Mitel management is not far in the future. Better dust off those resumes guys.

Unethical company run by egomaniacs

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time

Pros

There are a few good people left who have managed to avoid the mass redundancies that seem to happen every other month.

Cons

This is the worst company I've ever worked for -
    - Execs are only out for themselves and their over-inflated egos. The CMO leads this pack.
    - Middle managers don't think twice about stabbing their staff members in the back to protect themselves.
    - Bad healthcare and 401k.
    - Total lack of process and poor leadership.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming your employees for your lack of leadership and strategy.

"Sales prevention" first comes to mind. Worst mgt ever. "Shut up and don't ask" a recurring theme. RUN AWAY!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time

Pros

The constant churn - makes it easy if you need an in-between job, and very difficult to get fired (for the same reason).

Cons

Everything about working here, with two exceptions - I get paid more than unemployment and 2: free air conditioning.

Advice to Management

Are you guys conspiring to drive the company into the ground, or seriously believe your stone age like decisions and/or rules and and Tarzan-like chest-beating actually benefits employees or Mitel? If the latter, I'm convinced Mesa water is laced with hallucinogens..

Mitel Networks Photos