Mitel Networks Reviews

Updated October 12, 2014
2.7

Mitel Networks CEO Richard McBee
Richard McBee

Pros
  • The opportunity to meet some great people (in 6 reviews)

• Work Schedule flexibility was a major plus and being able to work from home was a tremendous advantage when kids were sick and had to stay home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no real regard for it's employees (in 8 reviews)

• The benefits are not good, no 401k match (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Current employee. It's just a job. Not a career.

Current Employee - Field Tech in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Tech in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are relaxed and easy-going (not talking about management).

You can work with management to work a flexible schedule (won't guarantee it though, you will be lucky to have a supervisor/manager that works with you and your first priority called "life").

Company profit sharing.

On a good day, management will bring in food for the employees and once a year have a company provided lunch/BBQ/picnic.

It's a job and I get a paycheck.

Cons

Experiences of others may be different than mine. I only speak for myself and what I have seen within this company. I'm a fairly optimistic person, but this place mentally and physically drains you, mostly because of ignorance of others. I will be speaking of the various levels within the company, so things are just rolling off the tongue as I type.
    =======================================================================

No ability to move up in the company.

Once you're stuck, you're stuck. The only way out is to quit (or do something stupid and get fired).

No raises, only "industry standard matching"

Doesn't matter if you have certifications in which you paid thousands of dollars in training and testing to get, you are only allowed industry standard pay.

Do not hire into managerial positions from within the company, always bring someone else in from the outside in which they call "fresh perspective". Fresh perspective can also be given from someone in who knows the technology inside-out, has worked with it for 5+ years, knows the customers for more than 5+ years and has the ability to work with them to reach a resolution in the case of an issue.

Management does not recognize employee potential. They go by numbers and metrics, basically reading a book by the cover, but never diving deep into trying to understand the silver lining.

You are expected to learn things on your own with only minor to no training.

Constant distractions from management to do their jobs (they call it delegation) which hinders employees work to not be done. I call it ignorance and not wanting to do the job.

Make sure you dress up to the nines, even if you aren't customer facing.

Benefits are garbage, almost half your paycheck is gone and you still have to pay out of pocket when you are "in-network".

When certain things are out of your hands, management will still call you out for it, some throw you under the bus. Instead of tackling the issue together and winning the customer over.

This company is on the stock market, which means make investors happy first (profits), then make customers happy, then the hierarchy inside the company. So basically employees have it the worst.

Management says they will have monthly meetings so that everyone is "up-to-date" on our offerings, mmhmm...sure.

Innovation is unheard of, just follow along with what the industry is doing. There is no, visionary, systems, creative, or influential thinking (that I see).

When certain tools are required to do the job, it'll take the approval of God to get those tools to you.

Let's just say I'm living in the year 2014 and still using a system from 2001. Really? You're a leading company?

Projects get announced and almost are always left at 75% pending and are never seen through.

Sales is sales, they implement networks that on the engineering/systems/analytical/theory side make absolutely NO FREAKING SENSE! Oh wait, then they get rewarded with trips to Hawaii for making the sale. Lame.

Customer retention is the current game, yet nothing to retain them is being done.

There are other more harsher statements, but at the current time these are current ranking problems within the company.

Where did you get your management education/training, a community college?

Employees first (we make the gears turn), customers second (they fuel the machine), investors third (Mitel did good before it went public). You can throw all the fuel you want

Rich McBee needs to put in a request for his company to be presented on "Undercover Boss" so he can see what REALLY is going on in his company.

Did you know, that I, Mr. Anonymous, am an employee and an investor with the company? You have got some real problems and this news is going around quite quickly within the investors groups.

Please educate yourselves about the technology that your department is given and implement proper training for yourselves, we employees know what we are doing.

Learn to speak the truth, outright. Create a frank nature.

Not a bad company overall

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good people mainly from Inter-tel years. Network Division was superb and had great leadership.

Cons

Always waiting for the next round of layoffs

Don't manage the business with so much debt

Insensitive to employees

Former Employee - Marketing Programs Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Programs Manager

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Treat employees horrible and don't care about anything except for the bottom line.

NONE

Could have been better

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Reno, NV

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

option to work from home

Cons

not compensated for overtime
    sketchy management practices

listen to the rank in file

Poor Management and no direction

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is good and schedule flexibility is great. This used to be a good place to work when it was Inter-Tel.

Cons

No 401K matching. Health benefits are not good and confusing and frustrating to manage. No direction from upper management.

Starting innovating instead of focusing on cost cutting. You can't build great products by outsourcing everything.

Job, but not a career

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with, the ability to work remotely, and the knowledge gained while working with UC, IaaS, hosted, and hybrid architectures.

Cons

Benefits are lousy, base salaries are also very low for the industry. Political environment allows for the richer to get richer and the poor to get poorer. Job security is non-existent unless you have been there for years and are part of the good ol' boy network.

Upper management within specific divisions should have checks and balances and not one person making all decisions. The strength in the UC environment only goes so far. There are many other "strategic" areas that employees are fighting to sell every single day and night (many late hours) with their business partners. Pay your employees and treat them right by offering great benefits and competitive pay and don't hold them over the fire each month by threatening their jobs.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment and challenging opportunities to grow. I had many opportunities to learn new technologies and expand my knowledge on existing technologies. Mitel has industry leading technology and a great R&D group which creates many paths for people to gain knowledge on products.

Cons

Somewhat low pay scale but the flexibility makes up for that so I am not sure it is a con. The benefits are not good, no 401k match. Information is hard to obtain on existing and roadmap products making it difficult to pass on solid information to perspective customers.

More information on company direction would be good.

Great place to work, but constantly changing

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Decent pay
    - Flexible schedule
    - Good people

Cons

- Constantly changing management
    - Changing quota and territory
    - Not easy to advance in pay

Stability, consistency, and empowerment

Potential

I have been working at Mitel Networks

Pros

Great innovator. They used to have great people, however, many changes have taken place over the past two years. The potential is enormous with Mitel.

Cons

Lost their innovation edge and the new leadership that has been brought in doesn't seem to be getting it done. They were on the right track 3 years ago of becoming a pure software play. But that really hasn't come to fruition.

Innovate, Innovate, Innovate.

Innovative company with limited potential to move upward

I have been working at Mitel Networks

Pros

Great for creative types: company is always looking to improve its solution portfolio and are open to ideas across all levels. Senior Management is approachable and open to feedback. Telecommuting options available for certain positions.

Cons

It’s a hard company to grow in: Easy to move from job to job, but upward mobility is a real challenge/ Easy to hit a glass ceiling. No/ limited career development and the company will does not give raises (hard to get a raise even if you do get promoted).

HR/ Management needs to work with employees at all levels to develop career growth plans

Mitel Networks Photos