Mitie Reviews

Reset
2.7
Mitie CEO Ruby McGregor-Smith
Ruby McGregor-Smith

Pros
  • Good benefits, reasonable work life balance, some good colleagues, left to make own decisions, plenty of work, good health and safety training (in 4 reviews)

• The people are great, Part of a real working team where everyone looks after each other (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No training given that is worth anything basically left to get on with the job and train yourself (in 4 reviews)

• Politics are terrible at senior management level (in 4 reviews)

Underpaid and over worked

I worked at Mitie full-time

Pros

Great people great deals with companies through minet

Cons

Little or no strategy 5 bosses in 9 months

Advice to Management

Work out what you want the business to be and stick with it

2. Contract Manager

Current Employee - Contract Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Contract Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good training and long term very profitable contracts

Cons

Poor salary scale compared to competitors

3. Good

Current Employee - Housekeeping Supervisor in Maidstone, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Housekeeping Supervisor in Maidstone, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, all round nice residents/ work people. I like my work mates, they're decent to work with and i all round Love it

Cons

Bad boss, pop no ju Hhj Hhgt hhhh hhhh. Hhhh Hhg hhhh hhhh jjjjj jjjjj kkkk. Jjjjj kkkk kkkk mnmm

5. Domestic cleaner for MITIE

Current Employee - Cleaner in Leighton Buzzard, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Cleaner in Leighton Buzzard, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie

Pros

I really would not know who is behind the doors of Mitie N/A

Cons

I really would not like to say NA no comment

Advice to Management

More communication and organisation no stock to clean no paperwork for employees no pin or payroll u till a month later

Liars

Former Employee - Maintenance Electrician in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Maintenance Electrician in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Mitie (Less than a year)

Pros

Lack of real management , paid on time

Cons

Promised training but don't deliver . To many mangers doing nothing passing jobs down the chain . Start you on lower salary saying it will rise but it won't . If you have accident expect to be blamed . The managers stick together to stitch up good staff . There is too much family favouritism every manger has a family member working for them . Having mitie on CV is not looked upon as good I was told in interview for new job they don't usually employ ex mitie staff as they find mitie ruin good engineers

Advice to Management

stop subcontracting your work to other company's . managers are on fiddle by giving or promising work for there own gain . This can not happen if you do it i house

7. Property Servuces

Former Employee - Customer Sales Assistant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Assistant in Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at Mitie (More than a year)

Pros

Learning sales techniques and the customers.

Cons

Bullying, favoritism, foul language in an office atmosphere.

8. Graduate Programme - Great Experience

Current Employee - Graduate Leader in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Networking/ Great people The Graduate Programme gives great exposure to the business and lots of opportunities to network. There are some great people with amazing stories on the operational side of the business (i.e. cleaners, engineers, care workers, etc.) as well as senior managers and directors who are happy to give you advice and connect you with the right people. 2. Autonomy to make own decisions The programme's structure is not rigid and limiting. The business is constantly changing and improving so you are given the flexibility to get involved in various projects as you go along. Ultimately you are driving your own development which is great for someone who likes autonomy. Just let your manager know what skills you’d like to develop and they’re more than happy to support you or involve you in side projects. 3. Challenging projects The majority of projects I've taken on have really made a big difference in the business. I've been pushed out of my comfort zone, working in industries I’ve had no previous exposure to. I’ve seen some of the recommendations I've made being implemented straight away which is a great confidence booster. Some of the work you are given might be things that you've done before and therefore not as challenging but in those cases you have the flexibility to get involved in something else instead - there is plenty of work around and it's up to you do discuss with your manager and let them know if you’re getting bored. 4. Support Previous graduates, mentors and managers are enthusiastic about the Graduate Programme and happy to offer advice, feedback and support. It’s a big company and it’s great that colleagues are happy to connect you with the right people. 5. Salary/ Progression Great salary and options for a substantial pay rise once you've completed the Graduate Programme. You really can progress very quickly if you’re prepared to put in the work- you can see some of the previous graduates becoming Regional Managers and Heads of departments in as little as 2-5 years.

Cons

1. Autonomy Might be a bit daunting for people who are used to a structured way of working where they are given a plan for the day with strict times and tasks to follow. On the Graduate Programme you are given a project with required outcomes and it’s down to you to decide how to tackle it. Personally, I’ve enjoyed planning my own workload and discovering what pattern works best for me in terms of working from home, travel, regular catch ups/feedback from managers. 2. Learning as you go along Some people might prefer working with a team they are familiar with, being fully trained on all aspects of the work before starting. On the Graduate Programme you will be constantly in and out of projects, teams and business divisions so you need to create relationships quite quickly. I’ve personally enjoyed tackling those challenges and broadening my knowledge as I go along.

Advice to Management

Keep a personal connection with employees on the ground, praising and rewarding their hard work. I’ve seen some inspiring senior managers visiting security guards on post at 2am-3am, thanking them for their hard work. That’s what all of us should be doing!

9. Not happy at all

Current Employee - Cleaner in Enfield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Cleaner in Enfield, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Time of the job is good for me. But they need to care about their staff. I have work really hard n getting home late.

Cons

I have worked for 5 weeks n they only pay me less than two weeks pay. I have try contacting supervisor and person in line, but no one is getting back to me. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Advice to Management

Please sort out ur payroll

10. highway men

Former Employee - Painter & Decorator
    Former Employee - Painter & Decorator

I worked at Mitie

Pros

A good training programme when it suits, but a good share save scheme

Cons

After working from the same office for over 30 years, which dont get me wrong have had its good days and bad. But the management the operatives have had to put up with in the last 5 years and more KH and MH have put your household, dignity and at times marital at risk with robbing you of your wages. NO help, dont want to listen Not bothered in what you are saying its the MITIE Way or No way, get as much out of you as possible, work you into the ground then throw clause 5.2 into your face we are not paying you, a DISGRACE.

Advice to Management

Ruby you need to get somebody down here and sort these people out, you have lost nearly 20 descent painters all due to being robbed and not even getting the minimum wage on some occasions, scrap 5.2 and pay the blokes there proper wages. to the pair of idiots in the office your time will come you cant hide this from head office for ever that you havnt got a clue.

Field operative

Current Employee - Field Operative in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Operative in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Holidays The office staff i work with The engineers The job is easy to do

Cons

Pay is awful I was lied to about pay by my line manager we had found the jobs we are currently employed to do being advertised at 4 grand more than what we are on. After speaking with my manager she advised that it was a mistake by the recruitment agency and she wouldn't do that! I later found out from 3 of the new recruits that they were on 4 grand more than me. Management haven't got a clue they bully they lie they fix figures change numbers and this is all okay if your part of the group if like me and the majority of my colleagues your not then my friend you are in for a shock! Never and I mean never worked on a place like it In the past 6 month in my office we have had over 11 new recruits leave and that's rising Its not that the job is demanding it's thst it's managed by corrupt uneducated people who have no idea how to manage affectively but have friends in high places who got them the role. My office has been under investigation twice since I've been there and who does ruby send to do this investigation? Someone who's daughter works in the office so it was never honest never fair. The engineers are fed up and so am I. Absolute disgrace. I would never recommend or work for mitie again. Especially not in MTFM!

Advice to Management

You can't change what you don't acknowledge! !!!

RSS Feed </> Embed