Mitie Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
2.9

Mitie CEO Ruby McGregor-Smith
Ruby McGregor-Smith

Pros
  • The people are great, Part of a real working team where everyone looks after each other (in 3 reviews)

• Good benefits, reasonable work life balance, some good colleagues, left to make own decisions, plenty of work, good health and safety training (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No training given that is worth anything basically left to get on with the job and train yourself (in 4 reviews)

• Bad management idiot staff who use hovers with tape on them and blow them up (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mite is a great company to work for seeing you can have the opportunity to move up the ladder. Which in this case i have done. Its the fist company and only company so far to has given me the day off for my birthday. Which i could not have asked for a better birthday present from a company. I do make sure and enjoy this day off.

Cons

Company does provides training but can do a bit in advance training which will help personal growth & development.
    I have taken advantage with Jigsaw training true Mitie and has completed a few courses which has benefited to my present role.

Upper managers needs to support the middle / lower manage and meeting with them from time to time to see how they are doing.

Just celebrated my 6 year anniversary at Mitie - doing well and happy with the company

Current Employee - Head of Marketing  in  Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am a marketer and Mitie is a great place to work if you seek to develop your career and progress through the ranks based on merit. Having worked at Shell before, I found Mitie to be less structured but more open to initiatives and ready to listen.
    Mitie can also be a fun place to work, with its own talent competition (Mitie's got talent).

Cons

Mitie works best for you if you're self motivated and ready to look after yourself. Remuneration packages are in line with competitors and there are corporate initiatives to reward employees who are going the extra mile such as the Stars programme.
    Comments from others on pay could have easily be made if they worked for the competition but I appreciate that everyone would like to earn more.

The communications from CEO Ruby McGregor-Smith has improved since the launch of a monthly bulletin and Mitie is generally good at building a corporate culture based on our core value: excel, challenge, inspire.

Awsome

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have a great manager Adam Payne, all Mitie staff at head office in Docklands are very nice & helpfull.

Cons

New payroll and accounts, but I like change & do my best in all types of work I get.

I think all upper management know who you are, your not just a number.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Always happy the help with any problem

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Chelmsford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Chelmsford, England (UK)

I worked at Mitie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay on time and correct amount.

Cons

they are flexible, fast and quality training.

More focus about the employers skills and qualification, also reference.

Informative

Former Employee - 2D/3D ACAD/CAD Duct Coordinator and CAD Technictian  in  Worcester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - 2D/3D ACAD/CAD Duct Coordinator and CAD Technictian in Worcester, England (UK)

I worked at Mitie as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Did some 2D coordination, some 3D modeling and layouts.

Cons

None, everything was explained and the team were very helpful in my tasks to complete projects.

You have good teams working there, very committed and helpful.

Best in sector!

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great place to work with a definite entrepreneurial-focus - you very much drive your own success here. It's a place that I feel really cares about its people.

Cons

It's a huge company, which means it's not always obvious who to go to when i have frustrations with admin, HR and IT.

Great opportunities for those who work hard and some fantastic teams

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a real focus on opportunity and growth at Mitie, things are always changing which I understand that some people find difficult but I think it creates real chances to progress and work in different areas. The work is fast paced and interesting with no two day the same. I'm lucky in that I work with a great team who have a good time at work and support each other through busy and tough periods. The culture of diversity and championing of women is also empowering.

Cons

There will always be challenges in a company as diverse and large as Mitie, processes and procedures can be unwieldy and time consuming and communicating with everyone a tricky task. It is a company that rewards self starters so not ideal for those who need lots of encouragement and micro management (that is a pro as well as con though!)

Great job working with a great team, although the company has its challenges

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time for less than a year

Pros

Important disclaimer is that I work within a central part of the business at a London office, so my experience may not reflect that of everyone around the business. However:
    - Great team that work well together and help each other with their specialist knowledge
    - Competitive pay and a whole host of employee benefits, including cycle to work and in-store discounts
    - Good work/home life balance
    - Lots of responsibility and autonomy to take ownership of your own projects
    - Lots of communication from senior management and the wider business
    - Great culture and attitudes, with diversity of all forms being not just acknowledged but celebrated

Cons

- No allocated training budget for sales and marketing people, the revenue generating parts of the business
    - Out-of-date systems that don't talk to each other
    - Challenge communicating to a business as large and as fragmented as Mitie, with people working in the field and from clients' office with varying technology or none at all

- Invest in people by providing training, and definitely invest in your technology. It will pay off in the end.
    - Bring your senior people into the 21st century by normalising technology, digital marketing, Twitter etc.
    - Save time with constant meetings and travelling by making use of available technology i.e. web cams in every laptop anyway, so use Skype or similar

Really enjoying working at Mitie, there are some great people

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As the business is so varied you can make a really good career for yourself but don't expect it to be handed to you on a plate. You need to keep a look out for the job opportunities that are advertised on the intranet. Most of the people that I work with have a really positive attitude. They feel like they can make decisions that make life better for clients. My boss is really good and always asks what is going on in my life.

Cons

Some of the processes are too complicated. Someone needs to have a look at how to make things simpler. Sometimes I feel like I am producing reports just for the sake of it.

Reduce some of the processes and bureaucracy so we can spend more time with our clients.

Couldn't be happier!

Current Employee - Customer Liaison Representative  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Liaison Representative in City of London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mitie full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working for Mitie, this has been my first job since leaving education and I couldn't have asked for a better company to start with - there is so much to work towards, my current goal is getting a Mitie Star - it is a great motivation that gets me through some of those tough days. The courses, TTTs and blog posts really help me feel like I'm not just a person within a company, it makes me feel like I'm a member of a giant team that just happens to be a company!

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say, I'm really happy and nothing springs to mind that is remotely negative. I'd probably have to be making it up to put something here to be honest.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Mitie Photos

Worked for Mitie? Contribute to the Community!