Mitratech

Add Photos

Jason Parkman

Plenty of Opportunity for Growth

I have been working at Mitratech full-time for less than a year

ProsFree coffee, free snacks, and monthly birthdays and happy hours. Opportunity to grow, if the employee has the desire to look for it and take it. Managers will work 1:1 with their employees to help them obtain their goals. Great health benefits and time off.

ConsAlthough it is something that is being addressed, there are some clear separations between departments, so the environment is not entirely cohesive. Sales people are often spoiled.

My experience at Mitratech has been rewarding and challenging

I have been working at Mitratech full-time for less than a year

Pros- Performance of company and individuals is metric-based
- Bonuses, upward movement is based on meritocracy
- CEO is extremely transparent
- At the junior levels, hiring of young, smart people with great work ethic
- Close involvement from Vista Equity Partners
- Focus on process vs. heroics

Cons- Process documentation is lacking

Advice to Senior Management- Invest in process documentation and training where applicable
- Prioritize investment in the enhancement of certain existing, core product capabilities (vs. future capabilities)

Willing to hire you if you have no experience, but employee morale really low

I have been working at Mitratech full-time for more than a year

Pros-Mitratech, and other Vista companies, will hire you even if you don't have relevant, or any, work experience.
-Some managers actually care about their direct reports.

Cons-Salaries aren't competitive until you reach director level or higher.
-There's still some obvious favoritism.
-At times, it seems promotions, raises, and bonuses aren't based on merit, but on how much your manager likes you.
-Many employees are inexperienced and lack the knowledge and skills to do their jobs well.
-Some people are really overworked while others sit around doing nothing all day.
-The leadership team lacks product knowledge and sets unrealistic expectations for product management and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people with more experience. Identify and get rid of the dead weight employees. Incentivize your strong employees with actual cash bonuses and raises; not free snacks and beer.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great culture, great company.

I have been working at Mitratech full-time for less than a year

ProsI now see the purpose for the incredibly thorough interview process: this company truly promotes from within and focuses on hiring people who can grow with the company, in whom they can invest.

I've worked at a lot of places that claim to have growth opportunities or a transparent culture, but this company actually walks the walk. They stand by their core values and maintain accountability. It's also an incredibly welcoming, fun environment and team of people.

Leadership is trustworthy and open, and the talent at all levels within the company sets the bar high. They value their employees, and it shows.

Very fun, challenging, and rewarding place to be.

ConsLike most places, the internal systems and processes can always be better - excited to watch these continue to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the open communication, trust and transparency - it makes a huge difference. Continue to engage at all levels and keep the innovative and fun culture alive.

Great place to start of further your career

I have been working at Mitratech full-time for more than a year

ProsVery easy to move within the company
Good PTO offerings and insurance
Fun atmosphere with great people
Company is willing to teach you things to further your career

ConsSometimes there are people doing too many things so it takes longer to get stuff done
Compensation could be more competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to keep your talented employees
Find ways to increase compensation
Find ways to treat everyone with respect

Opportunity, Growth, Recognition

I have been working at Mitratech full-time for more than a year

ProsMitratech truly believes in developing its employees, whether it's for a continued career at Mitratech or elsewhere. It's a fun, challenging, rewarding place to work. Too many employees these days are only looking for freebies & perks and are not open to truly evaluating the strength and future of the company. Mitratech provides stability, growth and opportunity in addition to regular perks. It's a great place to start your career, but the opportunities don't end there. The employee is responsible for their destiny, but Mitratech provides the tools and resources for pursuing what you want.

ConsThe entry level salary structure makes sense and is the right thing to do, but the salaries need to catch up to market sooner than they currently do.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the transparency as you grow the business.

Fun and fulfilling work environment

I have been working at Mitratech full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople move fast - spirit of continuous improvement means that change abounds, but for the benefit of employees, processes and overall health of the business

True meritocracy - people who do their job and do their job well are rewarded, promoted and celebrated.

Don't take ourselves too seriously - birthday celebrations, happy hours and a sense of humor make the day to day enjoyable; serious about success but believe we can have fun while achieving it

Support and resources - ownership structure means investment in the technology offered to clients and other resources to get the job done

Opportunities abound - if there's something you want to do, you are supported, encouraged and given the chance to learn and contribute

ConsContinuous improvement means lots of change - if you aren't on board with improving the business or growing and challenging yourself, it might not be the best fit

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on transparency, alignment and communication - the team at Mitratech is eager, excited and committed to following leadership that embraces these behaviors

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Mitratech full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are some talented employees who really want to do well
There are happy hours and other activities for the employees

ConsThe pay is low for the market.
If you read some other reviews it sounds like people are often fired for no reason. I'm sure that's what some employees thought when I suddenly "disappeared." I remember thinking the same thing when another employee "disappeared." In my case, the truth is I gave my two-weeks notice. Later in the day as my co-workers were heading to a meeting, I was pulled aside, asked to sign papers, and walked out the door. This appears to be common practice at Mitratech. Managers tell employees that they can't talk about the absent people letting the employees assume the worst. I guess they don't want any employees to hear about better places to work for the next two weeks. They have reason to worry.
At my current company, I have had the opportunity to speak one-on-one with the CEO and several in senior management on many occasions. None of them actually work out of the Austin office. In my time at Mitratech, a smaller company, I didn't even meet the CEO who worked out of the same office.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for. Sure, there are always talented entry-level people, but there is a cost to getting them up to speed. It's just another reason to work on your employee retention in ways that make employees happy to work for you.

Getting better but miles to go. New people are excellent. Parent company not.

Will Not Provide (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time

ProsResponsibility level high - opportunities to learn high.

ConsParent company smart but problematic

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take parent company too seriously.

Keep away!!!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mitratech full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you really want to live in Texas.

Cons1. They keep hiring people, but also keep firing people. People are trying to leave this company consistently. For this size of a company (100 employees), every week you hear new (young, innocent) staff is coming or someone is leaving or getting fired. And you don't even know why those people are getting fired - they are doing pretty good. The logic of any vista company is to hire new guys at really low price (that's why some of the senior positions still cannot be filled for more than a year), and then they treat them very bad, see them as deposable items. They fired a lot of experienced people to keep the cost down, fire random managers when the company finance look bad, or fire anyone who has different opinions. They fired all the experienced developers who was with the company for more than 10 years to save money. They fired at least 6 managers so far for no reason. Significant amount of people chose to leave here within their 1 year of service. Oh they just fired the CEO recently after his one year at Mitratech.
2. Very very low pay. Much lower than the market. But they are expecting you do much more. Just stay away, you are much better than that. look good, then sell the company to another investor at a good price, despite of the business model cannot last after it is sold because of the quality of the software. They want immediate results, near sighted, never think about long run results. And they lie, never take their words seriously!!
4. Not much career growth for most people. Well, I bet you want to leave the company after you spend several months there anyway.
5. Management again. A lot of department leaders lack of the capacities and even the understanding of their business. They cannot make a good decision. And the decision making process is not transparent; they always want to hide something. And they don't want to communicate. They really need to respect people. They don't want to listen to you.
6. The work culture. A lot of young people, so can be fun sometimes, also a little immature. That's fine but the most important thing is that not much trust among the team. They want to shift blames and play too much politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel sorry for them. They are just toys of vista company, and they can write some sort of management experience on their résumé even though they are doing horrible things.

Worked for Mitratech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mitratech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mitratech CEO Jason Parkman . All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Mitratech employees.