Mitratech Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Jason Parkman

Pros
  • People are great across the board - helpful, enthusiastic, energetic (in 6 reviews)

• There are happy hours and other activities for the employees (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They are pushing out more experienced people for young less expensive recent grads in Austin (in 3 reviews)

• Lots of new hires means a lot of mentoring and coaching, but everyone is super talented and engaged (in 3 reviews)

Great benefits, training and company culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech

Pros

I've never worked for an organization that has cared more about both the advancement of the company as well as each individual employee. They really try to make your life as easy as they can (as long as you put effort into your job) with excellent benefits, opportunity for advancement and the willingness to be open with both other employees as well as management. The CEO genuinely cares about all employees and always has an open door.

Cons

A lot is expected of you during training and it can be a bit tedious but also really helps give you a strong foundation for what you will be doing in your position.

Advice to Management

The company events that are planned are great team-building exercises, even with people that aren't in your department. It might be beneficial to have one more of those each year and make it more available for remote employees to join as well.

Keeps getting better

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Mitratech in Austin for over 2 years. The first year after the acquisition was rocky and plagued by poor leadership (as come of the other reviews allude to). However, the leadership team in place over the past year has been solid and extremely transparent. The culture and the company as a whole keeps getting better. I love coming into work everyday and I feel like my opinion matters.

Cons

Like all companies, there are some people who don't like their jobs and do nothing to improve their situation. Additionally, if you don't adjust well to change and you don't like processes, Mitratech is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue the communication.

Great team and culture, building a great company

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No shortage of opportunity to learn, grow and be challenged for people who think creatively about their careers. For a company of its size, Mitratech takes training very seriously and puts a lot of time and effort into onboarding. While it's not all perfect, the company takes culture and communication very seriously. Very transparent in terms of sharing company performance, values, priorities, reasons for decisions, etc. Casual atmosphere and a lot of great people to work with. Minimal politics.

Cons

Change is a constant when "continuous improvement" is a core value. Not a fit for everyone. Still a relatively small company, so advancement may not be as obvious as rungs up a ladder.

Advice to Management

Keep working to be a great company. Challenge yourselves to be true to the values you measure everyone else by.

Fast-paced and rewarding career experience

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Opportunities to work on projects you wouldn't get at other companies
    -Career mobility within and across sister companies
    -Focus on continuously improving; few problems persistent over time and "that's just the way it is;" successful employees must also embrace evolving and your own professional development
    -Small company feel with the financial backing and support of a larger company

Cons

-Speed and focus on process isn't for everyone; if you do not appreciate quick pace and efficiency it will not be a strong cultural fit
    -Career proposition isn't understood by all; lots to take advantage of if you know the opportunity for what it's worth; believe this to be true for all levels of the organization

Advice to Management

-Keep doing what you're doing and maintain focus on people and their development; they're your greatest asset

Current employee, loving it so far

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy all the perks that Mitratech offers. We have snack day every week (plus the snacks that are available in the kitchen on a daily basis), company happy hours, occasional free lunches, fun trips (like indoor sky diving and Main event), etc. I also like that I can talk to my boss about anything and everyone treats me like a valued team member. Another thing I like is the ability to move around within the company and expand on many skills that I can take with me anywhere.

Cons

Some of the upper level managers and directors can be a bit demanding, but that goes with any job. As long as you communicate with them and give updates they aren't too bad to work with.

Advice to Management

Be a little more patient. Sometimes it is a bit much to ask for almost daily updates. Give us time to get things worked out before demanding information.

Overall a great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Competitive salary with good benefits
    - Great coworkers
    - Potential for upward mobility within Mitratech and Vista portfolio

Cons

- Lots of internal processes
    - No shares / ownership in company

Fun and fulfilling work environment

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People move fast - spirit of continuous improvement means that change abounds, but for the benefit of employees, processes and overall health of the business

True meritocracy - people who do their job and do their job well are rewarded, promoted and celebrated.

Don't take ourselves too seriously - birthday celebrations, happy hours and a sense of humor make the day to day enjoyable; serious about success but believe we can have fun while achieving it

Support and resources - ownership structure means investment in the technology offered to clients and other resources to get the job done

Opportunities abound - if there's something you want to do, you are supported, encouraged and given the chance to learn and contribute

Cons

Continuous improvement means lots of change - if you aren't on board with improving the business or growing and challenging yourself, it might not be the best fit

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on transparency, alignment and communication - the team at Mitratech is eager, excited and committed to following leadership that embraces these behaviors

Great people, great culture, great company.

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I now see the purpose for the incredibly thorough interview process: this company truly promotes from within and focuses on hiring people who can grow with the company, in whom they can invest.

I've worked at a lot of places that claim to have growth opportunities or a transparent culture, but this company actually walks the walk. They stand by their core values and maintain accountability. It's also an incredibly welcoming, fun environment and team of people.

Leadership is trustworthy and open, and the talent at all levels within the company sets the bar high. They value their employees, and it shows.

Very fun, challenging, and rewarding place to be.

Cons

Like most places, the internal systems and processes can always be better - excited to watch these continue to improve.

Advice to Management

Continue the open communication, trust and transparency - it makes a huge difference. Continue to engage at all levels and keep the innovative and fun culture alive.

Mitratech Response

May 15, 2014Human Resource Director

As a current employee, you know how important Continuous Improvement is. Thank you for recognizing all the great things Mitratech has going for it and the work we continue to put into the ... More

Great place to start of further your career

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy to move within the company
    Good PTO offerings and insurance
    Fun atmosphere with great people
    Company is willing to teach you things to further your career

Cons

Sometimes there are people doing too many things so it takes longer to get stuff done
    Compensation could be more competitive

Advice to Management

Find ways to keep your talented employees
    Find ways to increase compensation
    Find ways to treat everyone with respect

Great Growth Opportunities

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aggressively hiring and growing the company. The product is good and the market served has good growth potential which should keep the company moving in the right direction. The company has recovered well from prior management leaving.

Cons

Rapid growth mode. Need to manage the growth in a positive way.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the business.

RSS Feed </> Embed