Mitsubishi UFJ

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork in small teams
    9 am to 5 pm job

ConsCompany values expats more
    Very low pay- below market salaries
    Staff and Management have a Robotic-way of thinking

I wanted to rip my hair out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company Nicest people ever, sooo much downtime if you enjoy that...you don't learn much

ConsIt was soooooo extremely quiet and boriiiiiing. I honestly don't know how I lasted three months I would never take a full time there if I were you, managers don't even know you are doing nothing all day. It is so boring and quiet you can hear someones stomach growl. Its a Japanese company so I guess if you are into that and don't mind that you cant even browse the internet when you are dying of boredom and get sleepy....

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the place more lively and supervisors make sure that you know some of your employees do nothing absolutely nothing all day because its so boring

Sucks!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe benefits are good so use them up.

ConsSo many cons to go through.

1. Pay is below the market. Starting salary is $30K, which is borderline poverty. Even when you get your first raise, you will be around an eye popping $32K!

2. Management is very strict on attendance and lateness. There is no grace period so even if you clock in 1 minute late, you're late. Make sure you're not late 18 times in a year because than they will lower your yearly raise and bonus (if the company is giving those out).

3. Bonus = 1-2% if you're lucky enough to get it.

The list goes on but I'll stop there. If you ever get an offer just ignore it. If not you will regret it.

Long live H.W.!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people. Rose quickly. Lots of turnover.

Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people, mostly. If you work hard you can easily stand out. With effort and a little endorsement from others hard work is recognized. Exposure to management and senior management. C-Level managament based in Japan.

ConsVery low glass ceiling. Company cares more for its expatriates.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better talent and pay better salaries. It will lower turnover, which will reduce training costs and reduce risk of errors and the associated costs. Could expand business more rapidly with better talent. Even presidents turnover quickly because they rotate through positions as they climb to the top of the ladder in the Japan based side of the company. Some of them are great, some of them less so.

Good

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsHedge fund knowledge .. Good stuff

ConsLong hours as supporting various egos

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Technology department underfunded

Developer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsVery skilled business, exotic products

Consyears of underfunded technology causing headaches

Advice to Senior Managementfund an up to date technology programme

Worked for Mitsubishi UFJ? Contribute to the Community!