Miva Merchant

Updated Mar 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Russ Carroll

Really great team and good environement

Web Developer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Miva Merchant full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place for diving into eCommerce development. Plenty to learn from more experienced developers in a fun and laid back environment. Developers can get quite busy at times.

ConsProjects can get quite boring at times with a lot of repetitive work. There's a strong emphasis on logging enough billable hours and sometimes projects seemed rushed because of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower developers to delve into newer technologies rather than using existing code samples or snippets.

Miva Merchant has a fun and encouraging environment for developers—terrific for professional development.

Web Developer for Professional Services (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Miva Merchant full-time for less than a year

ProsMiva Merchant has a wonderful team, smart and transparent leadership, and a real love web and entrepreneurship. From day one, the team was very warm and encouraging, making it a great place to learn and grow as a developer.

Leadership is very "in touch" and excited about both the products and growing team.

ConsLearning about the many popular Miva Merchant modules can be challenging for developers coming from other platforms.

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Miva Merchant full-time for more than 3 years

ProsReally nice people, interesting business, lot's and lot's of opportunity here. The people I work with a really smart and care about what they do.

ConsThe company has changed a lot since it was founded and sometimes it isn't clear how the "old" products fit into what they are doing now.

Miva Merchant

I have been working at Miva Merchant

ProsIt was good. Okay in general

ConsNone to really say. Good overall.

Fun and exciting place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Miva Merchant full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe small Start-Up company feel give you the feeling of great possibility. While the longevity and market share in e-commerce provide solid foundation.

ConsEarly on there were some growing pains with change in ownership but that seems to have settled with existing owners and management providing clear direction to a bright future.

Worked for Miva Merchant? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Miva Merchant reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Miva Merchant CEO Russ Carroll. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Miva Merchant employees.