www.mobiledoctors.com

2.5

Mobile Doctors CEO Dike Ajiri
Dike Ajiri

Working at MDL

Current Employee - Customer Service in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent staff and communication, great work ethic among the team

Cons

Dealing with a high number of solicitors and doctors

Miss my home away from home

I have been working at Mobile Doctors

Pros

A great company. Plenty of benefits, and room to grow within the company. Meeting different people from psychotic to pleasant individuals.

Cons

Management. They had no idea what they were doing. Micromanaging employees and not knowing what they are talking about or ever had knowledge about. If Medicare wanted us to shut us down they should of have done that on their own. No need for whistle blowers. They didn't hurt the CEO of the company they only hurt the employees of the company. The CEO is free of charge, still with multiple businesses and the only people that are suffering are the employees. That's why we should have done a psychological test before any of these idiots became managers.

Karma

I have been working at Mobile Doctors

Pros

Nearly 100% of all promotions come from within. Due to aggressive growth plans, new positions and/or leadership opportunities are always being created to reward employee's who excel in their current position. Mobile Doctors also gives new college grads a chance who don't necessarily have a lot of work experience. These new grads go through a thorough training program where they get exposure to all departments in a branch office.

Cons

Although there is an employee parking lot, sometimes it is a little difficult to find parking in the morning but I guess that is just the city of Chicago for you!

If you worked hard, made good decisions and ignored the rumor mill it was a positive place to work.

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

Even with Mobile Doctors closing I was able to take my experiences and skills I learned to another company.

Cons

I was going to write "Closed down" but it opened another door for me.

Thank you for giving me my own branch to run. I don't believe "because it's on the internet it has to be true". Let's see how things shake out.

Fun while it lasted

Former Employee - Scheduler in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mobile Doctors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a very fun place to work it.

Cons

The hours can be extremely long.

Sorry it didn't last longer

Growing company with lots of potential

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for a couple years now and have seen the company grow from four offices to eight offices. The company is a mid-size practice now and is going through growing pains as all companies do. Mobile Doctors has given me an opportunity that no other medical practice would give, and that's an opportunity to make decisions that impact an entire practice. After reading some of the reviews I felt it was important to give the other side of things. Due to the growth of the company things we have had to make some changes, but we still operate with a family atmosphere. Sure we have a management staff that is younger but I think that also shows the growth opportunity with the group and it's willingness to give an opportunity to showcase your ability. You have to be willing to put in the hard work but if you do it will be rewarded.

Cons

The growth has come fast and with that some mistakes are going to be made. That's what happens with growth in a business or anything you do. Additionally, we take learning experiences and apply them in a way so everyone can learn. To some people they might not like to have their mistake used as an example, so that can make it difficult to some. You have to be willing to accept criticism good or bad.

Lots of opportunities if you are willing to put in the effort...

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

In the time I spent at Mobile Doctors, I've advanced quite a bit, as have many of my peers. This company cares about fostering your growth potential, so long as you do the work to show that you are capable and willing.

I also feel like I have the support of my co-workers. If I am concerned about something company-related, I can safely raise the issue to one of many people in the corporate office, and get a usually helpful response.

The atmosphere is fairly relaxed and casual. The company sponsors a lot of fun activities and events. This is a nice break when you have a long week.

The company recently brought HR and payroll in-house, so I saved a hundred dollars per month on my medical insurance. We now have an HR rep who works for the company, and therefore is more invested in my happiness as an employee. Because he works for the company, he wants to do a good job and goes the extra mile to satisfy employees' needs. Our last HR company just ignored my questions.

There is a thorough 100-day review and annual reviews, which both the employee and the manager fill out and discuss. This gives the employee a chance to really show off anything that may not be evident on a daily basis. This is a great time so long as you are doing a good job.

The company is experiencing a great deal of growth, so if you can handle it then there are opportunities.

Cons

The company has had some bad press of late. There are a lot of bad rumors spreading around. The 90% turnover rate is a lie. In my location the turnover is probably closer to 15%. I'm aware that some of the other locations are higher, but it's nowhere near 90% on the whole. Also, yes, there had been a few instances of unprofessional behavior by certain employees, but the negative reviews failed to mention that disciplinary actions were taken, including termination. There is drama, but that's to be expected when there is so much growth, and employees who are uncomfortable with any situation have our HR department to discuss their concerns safely.

This is not a company for clockwatchers. Every job is vital to the success of Mobile Doctors and the well-being of patients and employees. If you are a manager, you will have to work some late evenings and weekends, although not often. One thing that is clear - if you do not perform your work as is required of you, it will become transparent soon enough, and that often accounts for the turnover.

Even though the company is growing and you need to hire more people, take extra time to really vet an employee before making the offer to hire - don't just go on instinct or because you need someone right away. That's how you end up with bad seed employees who can do a good interview but can't measure up work-wise.

Mobile Doctors has been a fulfilling experience, that has provided me with the professional development I was seeking.

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

Mobile Doctors takes the time to invest in employees. I had the best training I have EVER had. This company also rewards hard work. I was promoted at my 100 day review. This is the type of place that will recognize you if you are meeting/exceeding expectations. You truly can create your own professional future at this company.

Cons

We recently moved, and my commute is much longer than it was before. Also, I don't have as many public transportation options, as I used to have at the other location.

Closed

I have been working at Mobile Doctors (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with, minus the CEO

Cons

Just google CEO / Mobile Doctors and the FBI will tell you the story.

Billing specialist

I worked at Mobile Doctors

Pros

The tasks were fairly straightforward and the people were good company

Cons

There was a lot of shady happenings causing the company to shut down

Don't be shady