Mobile Mini

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Erik Olsson

Good and bad

Phoenix, AZ

ProsNo overtime required and they do promote from within

ConsManagement creates new high paying positions while all the other current employees i.e billing, cash department and customer service can't even get a 50 cent raise

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the people who fix the mistakes that are made by the sale reps

You can learn a lot fixing the containers and mobile offices.

Maintain, Cleaning (Former Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsYou can move anywhere in the country with the same company.

ConsNo team work.The person in charge no like hispanic person

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor management

It was a learning experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsI met some wonderful people and was able to increase my network.

ConsThey are not as open to new ideas even when justified.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is always room for improvement

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place To Work

Sales (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat support system. Core values very solid.

ConsNot many. Enjoyed everyday at this company

Keep away from this company!

Former Employee (Former Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsI had great coworkers and decent pay.

ConsManagement is disconnected from employees. They fail to realize that people are the most important resource to a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that one person can only do so much. Hire some more people to support the sales staff (that you put on the pedestal).

Good Learning Experience

ProsGood Hours, Decent pay, Worked with nice people

ConsWith the nature of the business it was easy to mess up equipment

Great if you like to be micro-managed

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)

Prossalary and benefits are ok, good people to work with at the branch. relaxed atmosphere among co-workers

ConsConstant micromanagement, constant criticism. No available product yet constantly being criticized for not increasing sales. Company direction and focus changes every year or so, along with compensation plan. Commission structure is too complicated. Several major layoffs during the last few years, about one quarter of the workforce is left but the workload keeps increasing. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement. We keep increasing our prices when competition is lowering theirs. It is hard to sell less service and lower quality at higher prices.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to practice good judgement in performing their jobs. Loosen the leash a bit and stop criticizing and second-guessing every decision someone makes. The problems with this company are not the sales department, it is the lack of cohesive infrastructure. Give us product and we can sell it, it's as simple as that.

Core Values no longer Exist

Worker (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsMM was formerly a family owned/managed company which had strong core values that made working there rewarding and fun and respected employee contributions and knowledge.

ConsThe new CEO has decided to fire the key individuals who were part of the "old regime" and bring in his buddies from his former company as replacements, or in some cases, they have terminated "older workers" and are now advertising for the same job with the same responsibilities. Is this not discrimination for the older workers?

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out what people really do in your company before making a decision to fire them. You have gutted the historical knowledge and experience of this company all in the interest of making a buck! The terminations were also done without any plan on who will do the job in the future.

Reinvest in the Core Product

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGood business concept with high selling point on the patented Tri-Cam Locking System for leasing and selling steel containers. Many hourly people are "salt of the earth" committed to their positions at the branch levels. Commission plan is favorable but frequently develop disincentive loopholes.

ConsHalf-assed execution of a good business concept largely due to the lack of captial reinvestment (i.e.trucks, security offices, and design innovations) may eventually take its toll on overall revenue success. Mobile Mini is miserly cheap and its trucks and containers are in dire need for updating or replacement, office and yard facilities are spartan at best. Most salient is the MMI regional management tendency to resist feedback from its' front line hourly employees.

Position was not what I expected

Inside Sales (Former Employee)

ProsHealth, vision and dental insurance benefits are good and have low premiums.
    Coworkers are nice and very helpful.
    Strict adherence to 8 to 5. Overtime not expected or allowed.

ConsInside sales position is high pressure, extremely micromanaged telemarketing. Inside and outside cold calls required. Not my cup of tea. Emphasis on quantity of work, not quality. Unrealistic expectations.

Worked for Mobile Mini? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mobile Mini reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mobile Mini CEO Erik Olsson. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by Mobile Mini employees.