Mobile Mini

Updated December 18, 2014
3.1

Mobile Mini President and CEO Erik Olsson
Erik Olsson

Pros
  • They offer casual dress code, 15 days of PTO, benefits, annual bonus and monthly company lunches (in 4 reviews)

• Great benefits and friendly branch employees (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management trying to justify their jobs with endless silliness and finger pointing (in 6 reviews)

• Job responsibilities, commission structure and expectations change monthly (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Time to Get in with the Company

Current Employee - Human Resources in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Mobile Mini is really a different company since the CEO change. They are very bottom line driven and very change/process improvement focused. They are expanding their operations at their corporate office and sales center so it's a great time to get in with the company. They offer casual dress code, 15 days of PTO, benefits, annual bonus and monthly company lunches. It feels like Mobile Mini is finally growing up as a company.

Cons

There is a lot of change but as long as you can see the big picture it really is for the overall success of the company. If you don't like change this is not the place for you.

The change is great and keep making sure everyone is kept in the loop!

Terrible Experience

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Mobile Mini full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the people that I worked with, but the management was terrible. I understand that they have changed quite a bit, but it was bad when I was there

Cons

The management cared more about the process of sales, rather than the actual amount sold.

Let your sales people be creative

Poor company culture

Former Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Mobile Mini full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, simple product to sell.

Cons

Poor Pay for the sales reps and high demands, with quotas that are near impossible to hit. The company is a revolving door, I witnesses about 8 of the 10 sales reps at my branch leave or fired from the company within 1 year. The management of this company looks at everyone as just a number, you are not even human. They even have a video board in the lobby with your sales/call numbers to compare you to everyone else, and criticize and fire you when you are down. They will fire anyone and replace you with another company robot the second you are down.

These are real people that work here, not robots. Treat us as humans, and work with us to improve us.

Bad impression

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Mobile Mini full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, Great benefits, Great stock plan, Strong bonus plan. Had a group of excellent group of branch and regional manager

Cons

WOW, Executive Management is a joke. Very poor support and has no concern about the employees. Actions taken to improve safety we simply to save the company money.

Learn what a real team is.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Since I have worked here, I have seen a lot of change for the better and a lot of employees have gotten promotions. I really enjoy working for my Manager, there is nothing negative I can say about working for her. Great benefits, paid vacation time, casual dress code and fun corporate work environment.

Cons

Compensation could be higher for hourly positions based on amount of work that is required.

I have wonderful coworkers, and an amazing boss!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people! Fun Environment. Benefits are fantastic.
    A top company for career opportunities, both internal and external.
    Amazing CEO that is taking this company to the top!

Cons

Not the best systems or processes in place. Senior management is working on that and best in class systems are currently being implemented. Develop a stronger "fun" culture.

Improve overall company-wide communication.

High Anxiety

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Mobile Mini full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Branch level employees are typically solid, reliable, and committed to support a niche storage/office product line, while working in a demanding customer service environment with limited resources.

Cons

Top heavy Upper management is erratic and insincere under new CEO. Corporate mandates, goals and values change quarterly while the SG&A soars due to Mobile Mini's leadership struggles with management. The company continues to lose customers due to rate increases and aged inventory. Clearly, Mobile Mini is gearing up for some kind of acquisition as the portable container business is undergoing a wave of global consolidation. As North America's largest competitor, Mobile Mini appears a prime acquisition target for a new holding company.

Stop, Look, Listen, Beware.

Company is changing for the worst !

I worked at Mobile Mini full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent health, dental, vacation, pto

Cons

Company changed form nice to a no good place to work. No product available, in bad condition, takes too much time to restore to aceptable, prices higher than competitors, no enough personnel at branches. Branch manager have hands tied. Say sell secure storage, when containers are being broken and customers goods stolen.

When you have to offer $2,000 to an employee for new referrals, it tells you something ?
    Too many employee turnover, new branch managers every month. CEO have to concentrate more on employees and not so much on shareholders Managers look the other way not to have confrontation with senior management

Going downhill fast

I have been working at Mobile Mini

Pros

Some good people left there, but not for long.

Cons

Upper management trying to justify their jobs with endless silliness and finger pointing. No direction, total lack of upper management leadership and micro managing to the hilt. They will blame all but themselves. This is all the way up the ladder to the top.

My advice to all in upper management is to resign. It's the only chance to make things better at a once proud company.

Inside sales rep

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Mobile Mini full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and friendly branch employees

Cons

Since the new sales structure was introduced in April 2014, the moral of the company suffered and To much bs with metrics and outbound calls and talk time.

Don't change something that was already working fine just to hope to increase profits. You are already the leader in the industry why change in the first place