Mobile Productivity Reviews

Les Silver

1. Good Place To Work

Former Employee - Process Performance Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Process Performance Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Mobile Productivity (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/family life balance, decent benefits.

Cons

Management detached from reality, need to experience life in the field.

Advice to Management

Get out from behind your desk and get in the field.

2. Losing its edge

Pros

was an innovative company with great leadership but lost its appeal with new management

Cons

disorganized, lacks clear vision, doesn't invest in its people

3. A wonderful place to work and great people. Too bad it's moving!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Mobile Productivity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, management cares about employees and always improving.

Cons

Hard to move up because it is a smaller company.

5. Nice co-workers, short-sided management

Pros

Working with good technologies, paid time off benefit is a plus, very good set of products that have a corner on the automotive repair information market.

Cons

Several of acquisitions over the years makes for disperate and disconnected work environments with each having their own culture, objectives, and business model. Not much synergy going on.

Advice to Management

Find a way to integrate existing products and services before acquiring more and more companies again.

6. Amazing growth, a company that invented its niche, and truly world class management

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Mobile Productivity full-time

Pros

Amazing team environment where every voice is heard and each employee is empowered to be not only personally successful, they help you grow professionally too. A company that is nimble and reacts quickly to changes in the volatile automotive sector. Market leading products that are light years ahead of anything that anyone else who claims to be involved in the inspection process field can even approach providing. A company where I look forward to coming to work each week and have learned and grown so much during my time. They really are a company that is dedicated to "doing the right thing" whether it is within relating to a workers well-being, or without relating to a client or customer. I really have become friends with the clients we serve, because I and they know we provide the absolute best services to them in the industry and across services, not just the areas we focus on. I cannot tell you how many times I've been offered jobs by clients and turned them down because I feel that what we provide is as we like to say "World Class," and I don't think any other company in our automotive sector could provide an environment and total "package" like MPi.

Cons

I had to think hard on this section as I didn't want you the reader to think I was a shill. At times there can be heavy demands on work/life balance. Beyond that I suppose having to turn down job offers all the time from dealerships can get tiresome.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I have always felt that you all mean it when you say your door is open.

No idea

Current Employee - Coach in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Coach in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Mobile Productivity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule flexibility and nothing else.

Cons

There is too much micromanagement. Policies and rules are made up along the way to prevent employees from reaching bonuses. New employees have no training and it seems to be made up on the fly. Pay structure must be improved. There are too many layers of middle managers who do nothing but earn six figures. Raises for workers have been eliminated while management continues to thrive. Micromanagement is consistent. No standard way of doing things, egos are always involved. Since change in president the company is heading into the ground. Upper management occurs thousands of dollars in monthly travel but employees are questioned about every paperclip they use.

Advice to Management

Retire and don't just preach flipping the funnel, actually flip it.

8. Ouch

Former Employee - Coach in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Coach in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Mobile Productivity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lovely worded back stabbing and micromanagement. Flexible schedule. Coworkers are always helpful and cheerful, unlike management.

Cons

Pay structure for responsibility level, up to 15% of customer base Unrealistic expectations from management bozos Stress Micromanagement, ohhhh the emails Unstructured environment Non-existent training for new employes Due to idiotic elimination of BDC we are now in charge of sales and growth Competent people who have longevity are over looked for people with a certain look and DMS companies on their resumes All vanity here folks

Advice to Management

Stop making up busy work and redundant, utterly stupid I should add, red tape for you to manage and use to excuse your job and six figure salaries.

9. Great Product - Mediocre Management

Current Employee - Process Performance Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Process Performance Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Mobile Productivity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very experienced field staff who have in depth knowledge of dealership operations gained from a multitude of OEMs.

Cons

Middle and senior management protect own interest and do not have the ability to successfuly and strategically plan for the long term.

Advice to Management

Lead, don't manage; and know the difference between the two.

Always changing

Current Employee - Process Performance Consultant
    Current Employee - Process Performance Consultant

I have been working at Mobile Productivity full-time

Pros

Flexibility, freedom, outside management is friendly and helpful and wants to see you improve. Structure of the company is always changing so you have opportunities to grow rather quickly if you are liked and do a good job. Decent work/life balance. If you know the business you will know how to perform the face to face portions of your work. Once you understand the expectations, as well as the expansive suite of reports it can be a satisfying and even fun job interacting on a daily basis with dealership personnel.

Cons

Reports, reports, reports. Conference calls that intrude upon home life time. Management expects you to be available at all times. If you are not liked by senior management your career options are very limited. Upper management is out of touch with what the customer needs. Constant changes in the company. Salary/compensation package could be improved, especially when you are interacting with dealership staff who make 3x what you do on a daily basis. Lack of follow through on building teams and more like fiefdoms. People are very protective of "their" turf and will defend it as opposed to do what is best. You are forced to create paperwork that customers aren't interested in and berated if you don't provide it to them (by management).

RSS Feed </> Embed