Mobile Solution Corporation

Updated Feb 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John D. McEvoy

good place to work if you can work hard

Regional Sales Director (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Mobile Solution Corporation

Proscompensation, advancement opportunity, benefits, co-workers

Consnever had any time off

Advice to Senior Managementenless opportunity

They liked to take advantage of customers

I have been working at Mobile Solution Corporation

ProsEasy to move up, good commission. If you are young it is good to get sales experience. It will teach you a lot and you will be able to speak to a lot of people.

ConsStressful goals, take advantage of customers, do not care about the customers at all they just want to make a sale. A lot of fraud was involved.

Not Great Place to Work

I have been working at Mobile Solution Corporation

ProsDescent pay for the amount of work

ConsManagement, constant flux of goals, new employees expected to sell right away with little experience or training

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to get sales experience

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Mobile Solution Corporation

ProsThey teach you aggressive sales strategies and customer relations

ConsYou are "that guy" at the mall who has to annoy customers walking by with your sales pitch.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more motivation to stay there. The compensation is weak. They should provide higher compensation for top performers at each location because sometimes sale has more to do with the location than the actual sales associates themselves.

good pay no strategy

Training Developer (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Mobile Solution Corporation

Prosno micro management - a lot of freedom

Conscomplete lack of strategy overall and complete lack of care for employee in every way.

Advice to Senior Managementget clued up on what people are actually doing - get people evaluated there is a lot of useless people

The mobile solution experience

Manager (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Mobile Solution Corporation

ProsWorking for the mobile solution you have the oppurtunity to make a lot of money. You have to enjoy talking to people to be successful in this business.

ConsThe hours can be a lot depending on how much you sell you will get the most hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management do not take care of their people (especially managers). The upper management set ridiculous goals every month and talk down on everyone until those goals were exceeded.

You must have a knack for sales to work here

TMobile Sales Representative (Former Employee)
South Hadley, MA

I worked at Mobile Solution Corporation

ProsIf you have a knack for sales and are very convincing--you can do well here. Certain types of people advance and do well for themselves. The training sessions are valuable and I have used the techniques they taught in job interviews. They also give you detailed answers and techniques to convert customers. The management are encouraging and everyone has a positive outlook.

ConsIt's hard to sell cell phones, especially when everyone already owns a phone and you need to convince them to switch. They are serious about terminating people if they don't meet their sales quota. Because of this, lower performing employees are on edge on slow sales days.

Advice to Senior ManagementI felt that a termination letter with my first check was rather cold.

A challenging way to sell.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Mobile Solution Corporation

ProsIt's a challenging environment considering you have to pull over customers off a greet and it's even harder to sell and convince your product. But, it requires a lot of hard work and sometimes requires you to stay later and perhaps work a double. The company is one of the biggest retailers in the country, with other 300 different mall locations and offers benefits and a flexible schedule.

ConsVery hard to obtain commission and requires you to maintain an average revenue to keep your job. Slackers are not acceptable. There are so many ways that they will not pay you, including incorrect paperwork, no alternate numbers written down, missing a signature, plans don't match up, folio mismatches, returns from 4 months back will show up later on and cut down on your check, and etc. The variety of phones we are given to sell is horrible. They expect you to sell out of the most basic phones and encourage the staff to make false promises such as ordering in a phone the customer wants while they hold on to a temporary phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are very kjnowledgeable about the company and about the products they are in charge of. They are understanding of their co-workers and representatives.

Must be focus on the goal

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Mobile Solution Corporation

Pros- commision plus hourly pay
- communicating with others
- team-oriented

Cons- People telling you "no" before you get to pitch your line
- only selling in one small area
- As soon as you biild revenue, a new pay period begins.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild tough skin for those you say "No" to your pitch. The company trains employee very well. Therefore, take what you learn and apply quickly.

Solid Concept. Poor Execution

I have been working at Mobile Solution Corporation

ProsGrowing company with relevance in the marketplace. Competitive offers and solid vendor backing. Business model supports individual growth and rewards performance.

ConsVery little resource support in the area of marketing. Staffing is constantly a problem as the locations run with a skeleton crew most times.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to build brand awareness through grass roots marketing and competitive analysis. Inventory constraints tend to limit sales to a strong degree, so improved vendor relations would also help.

Worked for Mobile Solution Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mobile Solution Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mobile Solution Corporation CEO John D. McEvoy. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Mobile Solution Corporation employees.