Mobile Theory

www.mobiletheory.com

Mobile Theory Reviews

4.5

Scott Swanson

Never been happier at work!

Current Employee - Director of Sales  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Mobile Theory full-time for more than a year

Pros

-People: I've never worked with such a talented, fun and enthusiastic group of people. It's honestly like coming to work and hanging out with my smartest friends each day. And not the type of friends that you put up with because they "could be worse," but the type of friends you look forward to hanging out with after work hours.

-Offering: As a revenue producer, I have never been more enthusiastic and confident about selling a solution in the marketplace. When a prospect decides to go with another solution, I literally feel bad for them because I know they're not getting the best product offering and the best service. The only challenge is deciding which benefits to working with us to highlight, because there are so many!

-Management: It's not often that the entire chain of command "just gets it," but from regional managers all the way up to the CEO, our management knows how to get the job done while fostering an environment of respect, growth, appreciation and FUN (as dorky as that sounds).

-Success: Winning is fun. Quarter over quarter our company is continually growing revenue faster and faster. AND, the future is bright: we're seeing more and more clients applaud our performance and service, and hearing anecdotally that our competitors are "tired of hearing about Mobile Theory" in the marketplace. It's good to be envied by your competition!

-Growth: When I started at Mobile Theory, there were ten people in our office. A year later, there are thirty and we are still hiring aggressively. A rising tide lifts all boats, and I'm looking forward to cruising onward!

Cons

The company is still growing and sometimes when we hear from the marketplace that we need to roll out a new product or integrate with a new partner, we are told that we can put it on the road map but that we don't have the resources at the moment. That said, this is a rare case and our management typically gives us all the support we need to win business.

Never lose that jovial spirit. It's part of what make you, and us, cool.

Startup feel with a Supportive/Large corporation backing

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Mobile Theory full-time

Pros

Mobile Theory is extremely supportive to their employees, attainable goal setting, as well as collaborative mid-management to help build and achieve the goals. They are owned by Opera Software which gives you massive backing from a successful international company, but giving you enough space and freedom to have the entrepreneur mindset of a startup.

Cons

Early on they were still small so resources were stretched, but they have since built out larger org charts to support the growing business.

To go head to head with the competition, building out stronger recognition among industry and agency community

Incredible Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Planner  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Mobile Theory full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people: Mobile Theory has done an incredible job in selecting the people they have in the organization. Everyone is qualified for their position and works beyond their job "requirements". For the first time in my job career there is not a single person in the company that i feel is a hassle to work with. Additionally, everyone helps each other regardless of title. I joined Mobile Theory a year ago in an entry level position and was getting my questions answered by the CTO and CEO. No one at this company is here to get through their 9-6pm day job, but rather everyone is here to be a part of the Mobile Theory family and to watch this company succeed way beyond thier goals.

Cons

In the beginning when Mobile Theory was more of a startup we were working much longer hours. However, 2 more people have been hired into my position in the NY office which has really alleviated my work load. Mobile Theory made a commitment this year to make sure everyone had a good "work-life" balance and i have been very pleased with the changes.

As the company continues to grow, try to preserve the startup culture that we have all grown to love so much!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Favorite company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Mobile Theory full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Everyone is helpful, friendly, caring, hardworking, smart and eager to learn. There are no stupid questions and no one is ever knocking an employee for trying their best.

-The office is laid back, relaxing and comfortable yet everyone knows when to get down to work and how to be professional.

-I feel like I am learning something new every day and gaining more knowledge about the mobile ad industry as a whole.

-Senior Management respects all of their employees opinions, appreciates and uses employees advice. This is great because you get to see your ideas/processes put into place!

-As a start up, we are constantly changing and growing and enhancing our processes everyday. Being part of this experience makes you feel like your efforts and work is really making a difference and bettering the company

Cons

-Sometimes the technology that we use is slow but there are consistently being updates and fixes and it really doesn't impact work on an every day basis

-Some days I work longer than others in order to get my work done, but my boss is very flexible with my schedule which I appreciate

As we continue to grow, keep doing what you are doing! Mobile Theory is the best place I've ever worked and I am so glad I get to come here every day and truly enjoy my job.

Great Company, Great People and Fast Paced Startup

I have been working at Mobile Theory full-time

Pros

Working at a number of startups and being able to experience different teams and cultures, i can honestly say Mobile Theory is one of the best start-ups around. Although the team has grown rapidly, the culture and motivation within the team has continued to stay the same, which is always a great thing!

A few things i wanted to say about working at Mobile Theory:

Talent - Mobile Theory has a vast array of talent, from the extremely motivated and passionate sales team to account managers and AdOps folks who's customer service and technical skills are some of the best in the mobile business. I also have to take my hat off to our exec team who honestly knows more about the mobile business than any of our other competitors, its truly impressive!

Opportunity - There is so much work for really anyone to come in and make the most of their position . With such rapid growth, there are bound to be holes or missed opportunities ripe for fresh eyes to come in and recognize immediately. The best thing about Mobile Theory is you can make your job the position you want in to be in your career.

Culture - The company values are genuine and you really do get the feel that you are working on something bigger than yourself. The culture has been set by the top down and working for founders that are so invested and motivated make the team want to work harder and. We work hard and play as hard :)

Cons

Work/Life balance- although the company is growing and work life balance is improving, it was definitely something that needed to be reviewed, but i can say it has become a lot better.

This is more of a recommendation for the future rather than a con. As the company grows larger and begins to exhibit large company characteristics, the company needs to make sure they don't move too slow and loose the great culture we have!

The whole management team are incredibly focused on building a great company, making decisions based on data, hiring and retaining top talent.

As long as we continue to keep the culture and not become too "corporate", i think we have huge opportunity and room for success!

Too Small, Too Personal, Too Unprofessional

I worked at Mobile Theory full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Up and coming company.
    *Very eager to bring on new talent.
    *Willing to bend to your personal schedule.
    *Very good salary.

Cons

*Very unprofessional work environment (far too loud for an office!).
    *Senior management likes to deflect blame onto lower level employees or ignore them when they bring attention to problems, in order to claim ignorance when something goes wrong.
    *Personal problems too often are used as an excuse for work mistakes or issues.
    *Technology is not user friendly and in fact is the number one contributor to lost work time and projects have such a slow almost glacier-like turn around time.
    *No training, management throws bodies at projects regardless of experience or knowledge. On the job training is non-existent, new hires are generally left to fend for themselves.
    *Senior management has no oversight of their subordinates and this fact is usually abused by the lower levels.
    *In an EXTREME example, a member of senior management was blatantly harassing an employee and attempts to report this to his superiors and HR by multiple individuals were met with a "Just deal with it or quit" response.

Mobile Theory, you have a long way to go before anyone is going to consider you a competitor or even a viable company in your field. You claim to be a leader in your industry, but your so new you have yet to meet an actual challenge to your lofty title. You lack of professionalism, employee training and proven technology, those are the largest factors that are harming your development and will soon lead to you being eclipsed by another unless a serious overhaul of your company practices is under taken immediately.

As a warning to people looking at this company for a job, I actually consider my time with Mobile Theory to have been harmful to my overall career, not a benefit!

Worked for Mobile Theory? Contribute to the Community!