MobileIron

Updated December 10, 2014
4.4

MobileIron President & CEO Bob Tinker
Bob Tinker

Pros
  • The free food at the office is a good perk (in 3 reviews)

• Everyone is on the same page and strives to achieve the same goal which is to make this company better than it already is and number 1 in the market (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • engineering culture needs a reset in order to scale (attitudes, 360 reviews, execute on feedback) (in 4 reviews)

• The Engineering culture needs to improve (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast-moving, innovative company leading the Mobile First revolution!

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at MobileIron

Pros

Great culture, incredibly smart staff, startup feel, great perks, excellent product suite with top right Gartner status, unlimited vacation.

Cons

No matching 401(k) contributions today. Other than that it's great!

Keep focusing on customers, don't lose startup-like agility and culture, and continue innovating rapidly!

Firing employee is on top in Mobileiron

I have been working at MobileIron

Pros

Here most of the reviews are either from sales or marketing which is self justified but for engineering situation is totaly different.
    I would like to tell real situation in Mobileiron for Engineering Team which is firing every month .There is no job security now.This new trend started around 9 month ago and there were firing of engineering team member every 3 month but from last 3 month every month one member.

Cons

There is no security for Engineers and Mobileiron has adopted firing their employee every now and then which is making condition worse.

Please make fridays better as normally pink slips are given on friday without any notice.

Prefer giving 2 weeks notice so that a person can search some where else.

Let everyone know that there is a good trend of firing employee in Mobileiron.

Dec 6, 2014VP HR

Thank you for your feedback. At MobileIron our commitment to our employees and to our culture is our top priority. We work very hard to maintain an intellectually honest environment and a culture of ... More

Fun Company!

Current Employee - Customer Success
    Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at MobileIron

Pros

Great leadership and people. The culture is still very start up like even though its a big company so its very fun.

Cons

No cons, its fun to work here

Customer focused

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

* massive potential in the EMM space
    * passionate designers, engineers, support staff, and ancillary teams
    * strategic outlook very good
    * if you want to be in mobile, work here
    * challenging and interesting work
    * the company is doing very well
    * here for the long haul to make customers successful
    * some good leadership

Cons

- engineering culture needs a reset in order to scale (attitudes, 360 reviews, execute on feedback)
    - promote from within relying on people who have earned broad social trust

* address/restate positive leadership values, hold leaders accountable for their successes and failures
    * ask your individual contributors what is next for company culture
    * delegate and trust your staff, creating strong social bonds
    * continue to lead the market, listening to customer needs, and deliver quality with a vision
    * compensate your ground troops

Great Start to a Company, incredible market opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at MobileIron full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well timed company.
    Great first wave of customers.
    Seems like the choice for Enterprise.
    Strong Channel partners
    Tunneling and AppConnect are a great advantage.

Cons

President and exec team seem disconnected from employees and customers.
    Politics are on the rise.
    CEO only asks for feedback and only trusts a few people in the company. To get anything done, you need to be in favor with the few...
    the sales reps don't seem trusting of the channel
    Marketing is a sham.

open up the internal communications
    stay close to your channel partners, they will differentiate you over time
    bring the big ISVs into AppConnect
    fix marketing
    force the CEO to communicate or get him out

Brilliant company with an excellent culture and a true passion for innovation.

Current Employee - Lead User Researcher in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Lead User Researcher in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The talented people at MobileIron make this company a great place! The leadership is poised to make significant strides in the EMM space. The UX team is a comprised of a great group of highly creative and talented designers and has very solid leadership. Everyone works together as a team and is highly supportive of each other. I can genuinely say that I love working here!

Cons

We're a bit tight on space but that's not really a con.

Stay laser focused on providing a great user experience for our customers as well as innovating in the EMM space.

Excellent culture; huge market opportunity

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are great, culture is very authentic. The market opportunity is huge. Mobility is a really hot space and MobileIron is right in the middle of the action. I genuinely like working here.

Cons

Like all hyper-growth companies -- the challenge is to scale and keep executing on goals. It is the right type of challenge. We need more people, more space etc.

Keep investing in innovation and quality as we continue to grow. Nurture the culture as we grow. Keep investing in the talent and get ahead of hiring demands.

Oct 10, 2014CEO

Not enough space for new hires joining MobileIron is a good problem! Facilities is working on this issue and relief is on the way. We will continue to invest in our people as we work together ... More

Smart people solving tough problems!

Current Employee - Program Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. Uber Smart Co-workers: I'm privileged to work with the most intelligent engineers and business folks in the mobile space.
    2. Supportive Management: The executives, VPs, and directors have an open door policy. Our CEO even hold an all-staff meeting every week where he shares with everyone the latest news in the market and our company.
    3. Challenging & Rewarding Work: We are working in a fast moving market to solve problems that will shape the way that people work in the new mobile environment.

Cons

1. Slightly crammed office - good problem to have that we are looking to resolve

Keep doing whatcha doing!!

Oct 9, 2014CEO

We wouldn't be where we're at now without people like you who believe in our mission of MobileFirst! Relief is on the way to resolve the crammed office spaces.

Hardest and most rewarding job I've had in my career!

Current Employee - Sales in Happy Camp, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Happy Camp, CA

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Highest degree of integrity that this segment of the IT industry has to offer. MobileIron leadership and all employees want to do what is right for the customer and not pull a slide of hand over customer & prospects as we see a lot of the competitors do in this space. There are great and very smart people that work at MI and most everyone is here to help versus fulfill their own agenda. The politics at MI do not seem to match what I've seen at other valley companies. Also, the company is focused on delivering the most solid product that it can to the market.

Cons

Competing with the big boys now. Large established companies that have bought other EMM/MDM players have access to relationships that MI may not. Decisions can be made in favor of them based on an existing buying vehicle or costs for a competitor solution can be hidden in another product without MI being given a fair shake. Sometimes it feels like leadership either turns a blind eye or they're oblivious to how impactful this is to the efforts of MI employees when trying to win business. Lastly, as noted in "Pros" the company is focused on the delivering the most solid product. However, sometimes we cannot get out of our own way to deliver a need that's been voiced by customers, prospects and employees alike because we are focused on something else. Marketing... Seems to be an afterthought. Sometimes, we're a little too conservative of a company. Probably one of the most stressful jobs I've every had but as noted before it's also very rewarding but burnout could be a factor for many.

Understand that top execs at prospects and customers alike have relationships with what are now very large and very well funded companies where that competition has long standing and established relationships. Need strategies from CORPORATE to help penetrate those layers. MUST SPEND MONEY ON MARKETING or spend money on marketing efforts that we can see. Need to get aggressive at build the brand recognition. In terms of product development, if we're resource constrained and can't deliver a check box feature that's in high demand due to that constraint, invest in bringing on other resources. Watch employee burnout. As noted, probably one of the most stressful jobs most of us have ever worked.

Fast paced, bright coworkers, great opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

MobileIron is a fast growing company in the valley and you get to work in the area of mobility, which is poised to truly transform the way we live in work over the next several years. The company has landed some seriously marquee customers (Barclays, Discovery Communications, Toyota) which means you get to work on complex, interesting, real world problems. Free food, drinks (adult and normal), flexible work schedules and strong ESPP program round out the employee benefits.

Cons

The company has not always been best at promoting from within. You need to be assertive with your management to move up in the organization, simply executing won't move you forward necessarily. Also, the facilities could use some freshening up, offices physically don't have the hip, fun atmosphere that other valley companies do and certainly don't match the excitement of the people working inside them.

Aug 14, 2014CEO

Thank you for you comments! Yes, we are definitely working on career progression plans for all employees. We want to absolutely recognize our star contributors to the Company's success.

The