MobileIron

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Bob Tinker

Wonderful experience at MobileIron

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsI've been working in the IT industry for close to 15 years, MobileIron is by far the best company I've worked at. This company has a genuine interest in keeping it's employees in a positive working environment. The other IT staff are diverse in their skill set, as a whole seem to conquer any and all issues. There is a genuine family environment which shows through to customers.

ConsThe company is exiting it's start up phase so the compensation is more salary based than stock based. (This was a con to me although it may be a pro to some)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep your employees needs in mind as they help fuel the forward movement of the company!

Too focused on features over reliability

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe free food at the office is a good perk.

The employees are highly intelligent and are uniformly excellent people.

ConsThe company is too focused on chasing new features, neglecting product reliability. This results in a product which gets new features that are untested, undocumented, and nearly unsupportable.

The product has features being added by Engineering and Professional Services, with widely varying testing and reliability requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdding features is great. Adding working feature is better. Actually testing new features is the best.

One of the best places I've worked in my career!

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI've been working here for almost a year and it has been a tuff but amazing ride. The everyone is willing to help and the training sessions and online videos are vast. Benefits are very good and there is a great sense of community every time I go to our corporate headquarters. The sales, product management and engineering teams I work with are always willing jump on a call when needed and are exceptional in their line of work. On the sales side, it's nice to work for a company that is ethical in its sales practices and actually believes in what they sell. Employees are trusted with their work loads and are not micromanaged.

ConsDifficult keeping up with a very fast changing industry. The technology seems to changed on a weekly basis. Work days are jammed packed and resources are sometimes spread thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep inspiring. Keep listening to our suggestions. Increase support personnel. 401k matching would be nice! Combine vacation/sick leave.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the most impressive interviews I have ever experienced

ProsJust interviewing for a position can be a stressful experience since you most of the time and in many cases is a one-way process. That was not the case when I interviewed here earlier this week. Each person who I spoke with during my interview for a position had nothing but helpful feedback to the responses I gave to their questions at each point during the interview. It really made the 3 hours spent there well worth the time and it made me wish that more companies followed the same methodology during the interview process. Even if I do not get a position here I can say for certain that anyone who interviews here will have a rewarding experience.

ConsCons? I honestly did not feel there were any with each person being friendly and giving meaningful feedback before moving onto the next person. Granted, it was 3 hours long but when you spend that long talking to multiple people and feel like you got some useful feedback I can't really see that as a downside.

Exciting and motivating place to work in

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros1. The growth and the future of this company is very bright. It provides motivation and pride to continue to work hard, innovate and ship industry leading products in the EEM/MDM space.
    2. The compensation is competitive but being still in start up mode, the benefits are lacking.
    3. The company leadership is absolutely wonderful and their is lot of faith and trust in them from the employees.
    4. The engineering group has a good mix of experienced and long tenured employees along with new good industry talent.
    5. Free snacks and drinks

Cons1. Boring and crowded work place.
    2. Lack of certain perks like GYM membership, 401k match ect

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look into better perks and ensure continuos motivation for the employees. People here will work hard and do a great job but make sure they are recognized and rewarded.

Perfect domain for this market.

Lead QA Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsAnything with Mobile or cloud is not bad to work for there days.
    There is still a good chance for company to make something with stocks.

ConsNo straight vision,
    Engineering VP changed 3 times in last 3 year.
    Have multiple product for same features.
    Non engineering culture.
    Low compensation.
    below average benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are still a starup, work like a starup.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsFun culture, lots of growth and opportunity to learn and contribute, smart and friendly people, free food and drinks, weekly all hands meetings, great benefits and compensation, fun "holiday" celebrations like pi day (3/14) with lots of pie. I look forward to coming into the office.

ConsNo real cons that I've come across so far, except not being able to turn down free snacks and have gained a couple of lbs.

Big learning curve

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsFast pace environment where everyone makes the difference.
    Nice people and free food.

ConsCorporate feeling and lack of natural light in the buildings.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider giving a gym membership to your employees.

Good Vibe

ProsEnergetic environment, fast paced and positive.
    Fantastic people work here, professional, smart and smily. Everyone is happy to go to the office.
    On the edge of innovation, that's why at MobileIron you feel you are actually making the difference.
    Free food.

ConsIf there are any:
    Lack of natural light in the buildings
    Heavy traffic to the office during rush hours

Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsAgile. Can do spirits. Good industry domain.

ConsPolitics though it's a small company. Too many ass-holes. So-so technology. Stingy compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down politics

Worked for MobileIron? Contribute to the Community!