MobileIron Reviews

Reset
4.0
MobileIron President & CEO Bob Tinker
Bob Tinker

Pros
  • The free food at the office is a good perk (in 3 reviews)

• Everyone is on the same page and strives to achieve the same goal which is to make this company better than it already is and number 1 in the market (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • engineering culture needs a reset in order to scale (attitudes, 360 reviews, execute on feedback) (in 4 reviews)

• Can be challenging to keep up with various innovations and new features (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Secret Sauce for Engineers

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Upper management has open door policy -Receptive to new ideas -Fellow engineers are at the top of their field -If they see something's broken they fix it quickly -Excellent exec sponsors shield you from BS so you can do your job -Overall Compensation, from what I've heard, since going public has actually improved and they are being very fair when leveling roll-over packages of existing employees.

Cons

Tend to listen to the customer a bit too much when iterating. But we're steering towards a better balance.

Advice to Management

Keep the all-hands meetings. Very inspirational and, as an engineer, it's difficult for me to rub elbows so this gentle push is very effective.

2. Great Company / Huge Upside Potential

I have been working at MobileIron

Pros

- great team - great technology space (cloud, mobile, and security). - company growing significantly post IPO - huge market opportunity

Cons

- some much to do; can be tough to align around the right priorities. - engineering is going significantly; currently many projects are understaffed.

Advice to Management

Layout a clear plan of where we're going and how we're going to get there.

3. Anonymous

I have been working at MobileIron

Pros

Awesome work culture, lunch provided every thursday

Cons

Not feeling challenged all the time

Needs a good software development leadership

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at MobileIron

Pros

Interesting projects. Trying to solve mobility management issues and logistics

Cons

Poor software development practices and leadership. The software leads and managers are not technically strong. Needs more hands on technical managements.

Advice to Management

Get rid of DASH left overs losers

6. good interview

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer - Quality Assurance in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer - Quality Assurance in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at MobileIron

Pros

very good environment and working culture

Cons

nothing specific to mention about the comapany

The CEO's head is spinning

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Opportunity to own Mobile, incredible customer and partner base.

Cons

the executive team and their reports are not aligned on priorities and direction. it's getting very political.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to show some leadership and decisiveness. and avoid the continual analysis and asking for more data.

8. Great place to work

Current Employee - Recruiter in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at MobileIron

Pros

- nicest people - very diverse culture - lot of career growth - if you do good they promote u in no time - fully stocked kitchen - competitive pay and benefits - company values you and your work a lot

Cons

- no 401k matching - layout inside the building is little off, should be properly aligned with signs on top of each department.

Advice to Management

- you are doing amazing work and giving hard time to all competitors out there, dont stop and keep moving and come out with new and innovative products to stay on top

Good team, Mediocre platform, Strange practices

I worked at MobileIron full-time

Pros

-MobileIron looks good on a resume. -Excellent team of engineers in Austin. Very friendly and helpful management team, esp Sergio B -Excellent troubleshooting resources available

Cons

-No defined scope of support. -Sales team weighs too heavily on support guidance and there are too many favors given to the wrong customers because of this -Training/on-boarding process has some kinks, and they are quick to push new "engineers" to the phones. -Strange reimbursement process, company expects you to cover costs and wait for reimbursement too often (and is often rejected for curious reasons) -Management is in California - there needs to be on-site managerial representation in my opinion for morale and HR reasons, the site lead doesn't cut it. -Morale is a rollercoaster and there is a clear disparity in approach between the teams in Austin and MV -Customers are trained to misbehave to get attention

Advice to Management

Match 401k for god's sake, you're the only company I've ever worked at or applied to that did not offer matching.

Need to keep innovating and staying ahead of competition

I have been working at MobileIron full-time

Pros

HQ including CEO communicates with entire company on current and future events. Many people work outside HQ and feel like we know what direction the company is heading in. We have company meetings every week. Never a dull moment, this space changes so fast since we support many different mobile OS's that you'll always be challenged. Pay is fair, benefits are good but could be less expensive.

Cons

Keeping up with all the different OS's, products and technology can be challenging. Support needs more staff. Since our company is growing so fast, we need more support engineers to keep customers happy.

Advice to Management

Always look out for your employee's best interest if you want them to stick around. Support the customers well and they will stay with us. Add more support personnel. Keep innovating and partnering with the right players to keep the competition out.

Mobile Passion

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High integrity company, passionate about mobile, flexible working arrangements, focus on results.

Cons

Too much focus on activity and not enough on strategy. Boys club, very sales oriented culture.

Advice to Management

Great to have energy around execution, but make sure you're executing to a sound strategy. Promote more women.

RSS Feed </> Embed