MobileNet Services

Hectic

Former Employee - Associate RF Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Associate RF Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at MobileNet Services

Pros

Decent Pay
    A lot of traveling
    Work without supervision
    The work is actually interesting

Cons

Work schedule sucks, you never know when you have work until the day of

It's tough to get any time for yourself unless work is slow

You have to request two days off in order to actually get one day off because work carries over to the next day

Mostly work at night up until 6 am or later

Most of the coordinators don't know what it's like to be out in the field so they expect you do the work no matter what, they don't consider how tired you are or weather conditions

A lot of the people in management also don't know much of anything and they make the worst decisions ever

Hotels are usually only booked one night at a time, which sucks because you get back from work around 6 am or later and then you only have a couple of hours to sleep and you have to check out. Sometimes they expect you to work the following day even when you haven't been able to sleep

They preach safety first, but a lot of the time they will still make you work even if you don't feel like weather conditions are safe. Also when you are too tired, they will give you lip and try to make you work regardless

Hire people that actually know what they are doing because a lot of people don't have the slightest clue of what's going on and they make work that much more difficult for everyone else.

Also coordinators should only be coordinators if they have actual field experience because many of them don't and they don't know how to help you and have unrealistic expectations from you.

As far as management goes, people that actually know about this industry should be hired as managers. Don't just hire anyone because they come off very dumb because they don't know anything, that makes the company look bad and believe me it has given the company a bad reputation.

Sad to have wasted my life

Former Employee - RF Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - RF Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at MobileNet Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

very few , it provided a few months of food which I was desperate for

Cons

was exploited to the fullest without a consideration and was treated like a caged bird

Life is not just about money alone

From an Administrative stand point

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People - We have some of the BEST individuals that work with us. I don't get to meet many of my co-workers because they are all over the country, but the relationships I've established and the integrity of those who work with me are top notch.

Helpful - if you need something, just ask, if its reasonable and can be done and is fair - chances are, it will happen.

Second chances - I can name several instances that have occurred that would normally result in immediate termination in most companies. Its not the case here, every aspect of the situation is closely evaluated and everyone involved is given the chance to speak and remedy the problem. No rash decisions are made - fair and just decisions are made once all the information is gathered.

CEO - You will not find a more humble and generous person on the planet.

Great place to start your career in RF - Many of our co-workers have turned into our customers once they've gained knowledge and experience here, they are able to further their careers in the direction they have worked so hard to accomplish. Its a great place to learn the different technologies, to learn how to speak to others, how to handle stressful situations, how to balance life and work and to build your resume. We are a small company and can't offer everyone positions in upper management, I wish we could!

HR support - I may be tooting my own horn, but our department works around the clock to accommodate all our employees needs. From travel booking, to payroll, immigration assistance, WC, time cards, expenses, benefits, disciplinary, accounting, 401k loans, fleet vehicles, gas cards, company policies or just a simple ear to listen - we're here and do our best to help everyone and keep everyone safe :)

Benefits - I've worked in 2 other industries before this one, Graphic Design and Ophthalmology - neither of those industries provided the benefits I receive working here. Full time employees (soon to be offered to part time beginning in 2015) receive medical, dental, vision, 401k is offered, life insurance and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. This company covers the highest percentage/dollar amount towards coverage that I've ever experienced. PTO isn't half bad either :)

Cons

Work load - When its busy, you are going to work, A LOT.

Communication - being that we are in the communication industry, it is ironic that we have a problem with this.

Responsibility - the delegation of responsibilities and who is in charge of what and why is some what of a grey area at times.

Gratitude - this is in two forms - the company should show more gratitude towards its hard working employees - the hard working employees show more gratitude toward the company they work for. The magic words "Please and Thank you" should be used more :)

My only advice, continue to improve, be proud of what you do, how you do it, and humble yourselves and ask questions if you don't know the answers, ask for help if you need it.

Great people to work with and a great environment to work in

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at MobileNet for 4 1/2 years and have been a part of over 6 major projects which gave me the opportunity to learn new avenues of RF engineering and kept me challenged and never bored. The people I have worked with are great people with team attitude. I wake up and enjoy going to work everyday.

Cons

There can be some long hours when a project is starting or finishing but this is expected anywhere you work if you are passionate about the outcome.

Good to stay for 6 months and then get out of here!

Current Employee - RF Engineer II in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None!
    *Underpay
    *No Weekends off
    *No days off
    *No personal life
    *No work ethics
    *No raise
    *BLACKMAILING management

Everything you gain here is based on each individual's effort!

Cons

All the company does is delegate whatever they have.
    They always get the worst projects in the market and sign up to be slaves of the client.
    But the slaves will be the employees and not the management.

Management will back you up if the project is making a lot of money or they won't even bother if you were deep trouble. Company's reputation is a concern based how much money a particular market generates.

So their strategy in making profit is purely based how they under pay their employees but getting them to work 24*7.

They have nobody in the management competent enough to convince the client that the money they pay for the kind of work expected is just ridiculous.

They have a bunch of managers sitting around doing BS but receive heavy pay checks whereas the ones working hard get under paid and don't get well deserved raises.

When company makes huge profits, they would give employees a few $100 dollars and when they have losses, they wont give you any raises. Which means company benefits no matter what and the employees bare the loss.

Management BLACKMAILS you to get work done.

I don't have any more time for this but will visit again to give more feedback if possible!!!

OH BOY! where do i start!!!

VP & mangers have to do RF Engineering work for a week to realize what he/she is talking about. - you guys make ridiculous requests and expect impossible things from an employee! they are your employees and not your slaves!

Stop hiring dumb people for experienced positions!

Loose some of the BS managers who sit idle and help with absolutely nothing!

STOP playing favorites!

Business is business not a bunch of family members and friends! (So dumb somebody has to point this out to you guys)

PAY engineers more if you expect more work to be done! Nobody in the company is trying to do social service!

You have great people working for you, all you need to do is try to keep them happy! So do whatever it takes and the company will do fine!

Stop giving forms to evaluate raise when you don't intend to give one!

Ask the MBA graduate(you know who) to market the company better than trying to make the employees life more miserable filling more forms!

Nobody cares about what you did in NORTEL!

Inhuman

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time

Pros

Good to start career and gain experience.

Cons

Makes you work like slaves and treats badly, have to ask for leave if not working during weekends. Demands 24 hours working, 100 percent efficiency but provides minimum salary. No raise expected here. Newly hired technical manager in UMTS/LTE Drive test project has no knowledge. One of the directors do not know how to converse or talk professionally with employees and even customers.

Treat employee as human. Employees are not bought by you, forcefully making work for 24 hours is not legal.
    Avoid hiring technical managers with no knowledge. Try to balance salary with work and efficiency demanded.

Legality issues?

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to learn the very basics.
    Great place to take free acting classes as not all in positions know their job.

Cons

Pay
    Its not always what you know when it comes to job positions but its who you know.
    If you work here plan not to have a life.

Follow through on promises.
    Dont say what you think an employee wants to hear.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company believes in theirs workers.
    Great management.
    Good work culture.
    Opportunities to learn new technologies.
    You can always contribute to your hearts content.
    Opportunity. for advancement.

Cons

The work-life balance can be difficult, because it's a fast-paced industry.

Continue with your hard work.

Good Start for freshers

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intial startup, take your responsibilities, handle projects

Cons

Too much Work, Life and work Imbalance , Less salary

Work can not be controlled because it goes on customers demand but they should compensate it with good salary and bonus

Small company with decent management, better than competitors in RF optimization industry.

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Decent senior management in Irvine office.
    2. Better facilities than competitor companies
    3. Opportunity to work from home.
    4. Good vacation policy

Cons

1. Low pay
    2. Management in Dallas office is bad.
    3. Less career growth opportunity.

I think management is changing company slowly to have better career planning for employees. That will help. Also more training opportunities and sharing more company growth information with employees will help with their morale.

MobileNet Services Photos