MobileNet Services Reviews

2.7
Richard Grant

1. RF Engineer

I worked at MobileNet Services full-time

Pros

Good working environment, management is friendly and supportive . If you do some mistake, you will get chance to talk and explain yourself.I worked at office most of the time, had to work longer hours than 9-6 , but I could work from home/office. So overall no problem.

Cons

Have to work long hours if you work on field. The pay rate is lower than most of other places for similar kind of jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep on the good work, if possible, do something to make life of field workers better.

2. Not a bad place to work, if you like do nothing but work.

Former Employee - RF Field Tester
    Former Employee - RF Field Tester

I worked at MobileNet Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid travel, gas rental, per diem, cell phone stipend. Good people, challenging, very dynamic & opportunities to cross train on just about everything you have an aptitude for. Almost merit based advancement in the lower echelons. Can easily see most of North America your first year. Work alone as long as you get your work done in the timeframe it needs to be.

Cons

Pay caps out if you don't have a degree. Bad work life balance if you are a field employee. You need to be a really fast learner & be self motivated to the extreme. LOTS of driving! In all seasons.

Advice to Management

The work life balance for home office is better than field employees. Unreasonable expectations resonating from someone who gets to go home at night to their family, does not inspire good will or dedication to the job. It just makes people look elsewhere for what they long for. I've seen plenty of talented individuals at this company leave because of this.

3. Good people ,co workers were very helpful and easy

Current Employee - Associate RF Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate RF Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

co workers and some people in upper management are good.

Cons

extreme load of work when you are on salary.

5. Associate RF Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at MobileNet Services full-time

Pros

There is nothing worth to work with them

Cons

Not proff. supervisors at all with no idea about RF testing

Advice to Management

Please provide stable job or don't hire people

6. Not an ethical company

Current Employee - Driver in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Driver in Detroit, MI

I have been working at MobileNet Services

Pros

When busy, can earn good money

Cons

Liars. Irresponsible. Inept.
    Entire field crew let go without notice or acknowledgement in January. Had to scramble to find another job.
    Lied to and told work was starting anew, 50+ hrs/week available. Left a 33K/yr job to return to work for them-and have only been given part time, occasional shifts. I've been significantly financially damaged by this and am considering legal action.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage a workforce instead of playing CYA. Stop the nepotism. Get out in the field and see what it's like instead of making arbitrary, ignorant demands.

Hectic

Former Employee - Associate RF Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Associate RF Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at MobileNet Services

Pros

Decent Pay
    A lot of traveling
    Work without supervision
    The work is actually interesting

Cons

Work schedule sucks, you never know when you have work until the day of

It's tough to get any time for yourself unless work is slow

You have to request two days off in order to actually get one day off because work carries over to the next day

Mostly work at night up until 6 am or later

Most of the coordinators don't know what it's like to be out in the field so they expect you do the work no matter what, they don't consider how tired you are or weather conditions

A lot of the people in management also don't know much of anything and they make the worst decisions ever

Hotels are usually only booked one night at a time, which sucks because you get back from work around 6 am or later and then you only have a couple of hours to sleep and you have to check out. Sometimes they expect you to work the following day even when you haven't been able to sleep

They preach safety first, but a lot of the time they will still make you work even if you don't feel like weather conditions are safe. Also when you are too tired, they will give you lip and try to make you work regardless

Advice to Management

Hire people that actually know what they are doing because a lot of people don't have the slightest clue of what's going on and they make work that much more difficult for everyone else.

Also coordinators should only be coordinators if they have actual field experience because many of them don't and they don't know how to help you and have unrealistic expectations from you.

As far as management goes, people that actually know about this industry should be hired as managers. Don't just hire anyone because they come off very dumb because they don't know anything, that makes the company look bad and believe me it has given the company a bad reputation.

Sad to have wasted my life

Former Employee - RF Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - RF Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at MobileNet Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very few , it provided a few months of food which I was desperate for

Cons

was exploited to the fullest without a consideration and was treated like a caged bird

Advice to Management

Life is not just about money alone

9. From an Administrative stand point

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People - We have some of the BEST individuals that work with us. I don't get to meet many of my co-workers because they are all over the country, but the relationships I've established and the integrity of those who work with me are top notch.

Helpful - if you need something, just ask, if its reasonable and can be done and is fair - chances are, it will happen.

Second chances - I can name several instances that have occurred that would normally result in immediate termination in most companies. Its not the case here, every aspect of the situation is closely evaluated and everyone involved is given the chance to speak and remedy the problem. No rash decisions are made - fair and just decisions are made once all the information is gathered.

CEO - You will not find a more humble and generous person on the planet.

Great place to start your career in RF - Many of our co-workers have turned into our customers once they've gained knowledge and experience here, they are able to further their careers in the direction they have worked so hard to accomplish. Its a great place to learn the different technologies, to learn how to speak to others, how to handle stressful situations, how to balance life and work and to build your resume. We are a small company and can't offer everyone positions in upper management, I wish we could!

HR support - I may be tooting my own horn, but our department works around the clock to accommodate all our employees needs. From travel booking, to payroll, immigration assistance, WC, time cards, expenses, benefits, disciplinary, accounting, 401k loans, fleet vehicles, gas cards, company policies or just a simple ear to listen - we're here and do our best to help everyone and keep everyone safe :)

Benefits - I've worked in 2 other industries before this one, Graphic Design and Ophthalmology - neither of those industries provided the benefits I receive working here. Full time employees (soon to be offered to part time beginning in 2015) receive medical, dental, vision, 401k is offered, life insurance and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. This company covers the highest percentage/dollar amount towards coverage that I've ever experienced. PTO isn't half bad either :)

Cons

Work load - When its busy, you are going to work, A LOT.

Communication - being that we are in the communication industry, it is ironic that we have a problem with this.

Responsibility - the delegation of responsibilities and who is in charge of what and why is some what of a grey area at times.

Gratitude - this is in two forms - the company should show more gratitude towards its hard working employees - the hard working employees show more gratitude toward the company they work for. The magic words "Please and Thank you" should be used more :)

Advice to Management

My only advice, continue to improve, be proud of what you do, how you do it, and humble yourselves and ask questions if you don't know the answers, ask for help if you need it.

10. Great people to work with and a great environment to work in

Current Employee - RF Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at MobileNet for 4 1/2 years and have been a part of over 6 major projects which gave me the opportunity to learn new avenues of RF engineering and kept me challenged and never bored. The people I have worked with are great people with team attitude. I wake up and enjoy going to work everyday.

Cons

There can be some long hours when a project is starting or finishing but this is expected anywhere you work if you are passionate about the outcome.

11. Good company to start carrier

Current Employee - RF Engineer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at MobileNet Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They try to be fare with employees

Cons

They need to get better projects

MobileNet Services Photos