MobilexUSA

Updated March 2, 2015
Updated March 2, 2015
1.7

Bill Glynn

Mobile x-ray tech with a company car

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist

I worked at MobilexUSA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

you get a company car if you are full time, good paying job, patents are generally friendly

Cons

boss wants you to time warp to get patents done yesterday.

Need to look at Lateral violence and what it means.

All the reviews are true. BEWARE

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist

I have been working at MobilexUSA part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I get to be away from all the grumpy, over worked, stressed employees. (And that stupid, useless boss of mine) Unlimited OT.

Cons

Where to begin...lets see:
    The nurses at the facilities are hateful and rude. Hope you have a lot of upper body strength cause you will be moving patients how you need them alone. No quality control. Many undiagnostic images go through and are read because we couldn't get help moving a patient. The manager never posts our dosimeter readings, changes the schedule last minute, texts/calls you ALL THE TIME! I never get a day off because at 7am I am getting called to be asked stupid things. Changes the schedule without telling you. (you are supposed to check it multiple times a day) There is no training or direction. You are not trained on EKGs or Holter Monitors, but you BETTER go do them. Machine or vehicle is always breaking down. You are the car maintenance person. Which is almost impossible when you are overworked as much as you are. I do 17 hour days on the weekends. I am on call for 48 hours straight. How is that safe? Understaffed, underpaid, you get a 3% raise every 18 months. I get no benefits even though I work full time every week (average 45 hours a week). Want a day off or to see your family? hahaha. I tried to ask off for a funeral and was harassed about it. Don't call in sick. You will be bad mouthed over it. No respect at all. No bonuses, no future, no hope. A lot of turn over and favoritism... I can't wait to be out of here. I could go on for ever on how awful this place is.

Train people. Let them know when they are doing well. We are making your money. Don't bite our heads off for going 3 over the speed limit. Stop talking to us like children and promising us stuff that you know will never happen. Oh, and stop threatening to write us up or fire us if we can't make it to a stat in time. Some facilities are over 2 hours away!

JERKS!

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Account Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Account Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at MobilexUSA

Pros

I worked with a lot of great people, who of course are no longer there!

Cons

HA! Where do you begin??
    Terrible people to work for! They DO NOT CARE about their employees! They lie, cheat not only to employees but to their customers as well! Upper management wants everything from everyone but not willing to do it themselves! Worst thing Bill Glenn could have done was sell the company to a bunch of SHMUCKS!! They could care less about anyone!!!!

Wise up and treat people with respect!!!! JERKS!

Follow up review 1 year later....Company still SUCKS!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher in Worthington, OH

I have been working at MobilexUSA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a paycheck. I get along with a lot of co-workers. Pretty flexible with your schedule as long as you aren't trying to get off the weekend shift.

Cons

I'm amazed that I've been with this company all these years and all the bs that i've seen. First off how dare you hire new people and pay them more then us who have been there for so long. How dare you hire new people and train them in the new departments just for them to turn around and quit before their 90 days are up and over look the ones who have been there for years and want to learn something new. How dare you hire all these people for Monday-Friday shifts but leave us struggling on the weekends with 40-50 calls holding and get mad cause the service levels suck.
    We are treated like children. We aren't allowed to have snacks at our desk (we do it anyways).
    We get paid pennies an hour because the company is cheap, even though they buy up every other mobile x-ray company and they constantly buy new vehicals for the techs.
    1% raise every 18 months...IF you do everything right
    Incentives...what's that???? Our incentive isn't money, it's lunch..sorry but pizza doesn't pay my bills
    Please don't get sick or else people will talk about you...even the managers
    So many people walking around unhappy and wanting out, I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.

The Lab manager works very hard.
    Every other manager needs to really step up and understand that people are quitting left and right for a reason.
    The job is EASY, but they don't want to pay you for learning different departments and they wanna work you like crazy.
    Why do I know more about the job then some managers, why does the manger get to watch his favorite tv show on his iphone while i'm doing all the work.
    I've never seen a more money hungery company who's willing to buy every other company out just to make sure they are secure, but they also don't treat their employees right.
    Maybe all the employees need to STRIKE one day just for the mangement to wake up.

Cheapest most inconsiderate company I ever worked for

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist

I have been working at MobilexUSA (more than 5 years)

Pros

None really, unless you love to drive and hate your family

Cons

I could write a book here.... X-ray techs are underpaid for job title compared to every Other X-ray tech position in the country. I was retained after MobileX bought out my former company so I was told I am not allowed a raise until the other X-ray techs "catch up" but they are lucky if they get a 25 cent raise every 18 months. If you are due a raise they will find some stupid reason to write you up so they don't have to give you a raise for another 18 months. I've worked for this company for 6 yrs and am not even close to getting a raise. I keep getting told "maybe next time". The benefits suck! Health insurance rates have gone up every year since I started there. 401k plan paid only paid 25 cents on the dollor for the first 3% you put in last year which is s joke and isn't even garenteed each year. Techs are very understaffed in the areas. On call nights if you are home by midnight you're home early. Usually your out till 2-4 am. Some techs have actually been out till the start of the next business day at 8 am. You time well at least I get OT for that. WRONG!!! They will have you start late or leave early everyday to get you back down to 40 hours. How safe is that to be driving non stop 16 yrs straight???? All the techs in my area are totally stressed out but no one cares. They want you to stay over if it's busy to help others. But why??? They will just screw you out of the extra pay anyways so everybody just looks out for themselves and honestly can you blame them. They want you to do a case and hour but dispatch you between 12-15 cases easily a day. Sometimes more. Turnover in the area is atrocious! Techs are constantly hired and then quit. Management is a complete joke. If you need help you cant get through to anyone without waiting 10+ minutes on hold. Blah, blah, blah....

Pay your techs and staff your areas! If areas were fully staffed and you paid a decent wage, techs wouldn't be overwhelmed and constantly quit. They also wouldn't me out working till 3-4 in the morning doing cases that were ordered at 4-5pm because they have so many cases to do and no one to help. Whatever happened to caring for the patients. Who wants woken up at 3 in the morning to get a toe X-ray??? The real workers in this company that make you all your money need to Unionize so we're not treated like crap anymore!!

Company does not appreciate their workers

Former Employee - Medical Biller in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Biller in Horsham, PA

I worked at MobilexUSA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

there is always a lot of overtime available, since they are always understaffed.

Cons

The company does not appreciate their workers at all! Our holiday "bonus" always consists of them buying some crappy lunch for you to eat on your own unpaid lunch and some item that they give to prospective clients, like an umbrella with the company name and logo all over it . You don't get any incentives, no bonuses for anything unless your on the management team, no praise and anytime you try to have some team morale (ie birthday cake) you get yelled at for not working, despite it only taking a few minutes and it was approved in advance by a manager. The turnover is insane because of this and the unrealistic expectations of how many bills an hour you are supposed to process are unattainable regardless of years of experience or knowledge of the billing and insurance processes. You are expected to drop whatever your doing within a days notice to work mandatory overtime on the weekends because there are never enough employees to do the work since the turnover is so high!

You should really treat your non-management employees better, then turnover wouldn't be so high, people would like working there and you'd get some quality people.

They have a policy for a policy....

I worked at MobilexUSA

Pros

Steady paycheck, company car, independence

Cons

they don't care about the employees, a lot of overtime that they make you leave early for

Listen to your employees

Appallingly unorganized and incredibly inefficient...it is torture to be employed by this company

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist

I have been working at MobilexUSA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a paycheck and you get a company car (when it runs)

Cons

Where to start...

Literally the only reason this company manages to keep employees in this area is because the job market for rad techs is so completely over-saturated.

When I began working for this company, I was hired by another technologist in the office. No HR, no office manager, no regional manager. Literally no hiring process. Paperwork was FedEx'd to said hiring technologist. No instruction on any of it. When after 2 years of employment I asked if I was ever going to have an annual review or raise I was informed 'sure I think we give them out every 18 months, we don't really do reviews. Just email me because we don't keep track of when you're due for a raise' REALLY?!?!?!

Equipment is in such poor condition, out of 6 vans only 2 have completely functioning equipment.

Dispatch is a joke. They have maps and GPS and they STILL send 2 different techs to the same facility daily. Techs then have to spend an absurd amount of time on the phone making changes. There is no such thing as getting off work on time. If you have a family or a life at all stay away from this company!

Little to no correct information is taken in at time of order. Any suggestions to improve communication between nursing staff at serviced facilities and techs is met with this response 'oh there's no point in that, you'll never get them to do that'. WOW really?! Well change will NEVER happen with that attitude!!

Facilities are allowed to abuse the 'STAT' service with no reason or justification. So while on call, you can bet your (quite small) paycheck that you will have to be woke up at 3am for a 'Stat' wrist or 'arm' (that one is a personal favorite), hip, chest, etc for a fall that happened a week ago, or any multitude of symptoms that have been ignored for hours/days/weeks until 3rd shift finally decides to call an order in.

There is no one to bring concerns to and no support from management. There is no regard for employee morale. It is ALL about numbers. They are only concerned that we keep the facilities happy and get our ever so redundant paperwork sent in.

Try listening to your techs feedback and suggestions. Treat them with respect. YOU wouldn't have your cushy paycheck with out them.

Quit putting the bottom dollar before your employees!

BTW Rad Tech week is coming up so that's a good time to prove you pay attention to your employees at all.

UNETHICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT

I have been working at MobilexUSA

Pros

It's a bit laid back at times no one really bothers you unitil you do something wrong!

Cons

Management does not listen to your goals and desires as to wanting to advance in the company, the pay is horrible, cleaniness is "Out the Door" Disorganized, Bad training, Does not care about it's employees

Pay more attention to your Employees on the good work they do and pay them accordingly and fairly; for a compay that makes millions of dollars of year such pay their employees well. You maybe surprise and make more money. Happy Employee= Happy Company

Solid job / company.

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MobilexUSA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Independence and the ability to earn extra income by working overtime.

Cons

Overnight on-call and little opportunity for advancement.

Invest in your employees through opportunities for advancement and perhaps tuition reimbursement. These two things would help prevent feelings of a "dead end job".

MobilexUSA Photos