MobilexUSA

Updated November 13, 2014
Updated November 13, 2014
1.7

Bill Glynn

They have a policy for a policy....

I worked at MobilexUSA

Pros

Steady paycheck, company car, independence

Cons

they don't care about the employees, a lot of overtime that they make you leave early for

Listen to your employees

Worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MobilexUSA

Pros

Work by yourself and at basically your own pace

Cons

Middle management is horrible. Company is totally understaffed in the field. There aren't enough techs working even when fully staffed. Constant turnover with techs. Forced to work and drive 12-16 days on your call night. Sometimes work till early am hours. If you have OT they try and send you home early or start late to eliminate it. Haven't EVER received a raise and wages aren't competitive to begin with. New hires receive around $17-18 per hour and that's where you're pay will stay regardless of how long you work for them or how much you do. Management constantly complains you need to do more work for them but you never receive my incentive if you do

Appallingly unorganized and incredibly inefficient...it is torture to be employed by this company

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist

I have been working at MobilexUSA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a paycheck and you get a company car (when it runs)

Cons

Where to start...

Literally the only reason this company manages to keep employees in this area is because the job market for rad techs is so completely over-saturated.

When I began working for this company, I was hired by another technologist in the office. No HR, no office manager, no regional manager. Literally no hiring process. Paperwork was FedEx'd to said hiring technologist. No instruction on any of it. When after 2 years of employment I asked if I was ever going to have an annual review or raise I was informed 'sure I think we give them out every 18 months, we don't really do reviews. Just email me because we don't keep track of when you're due for a raise' REALLY?!?!?!

Equipment is in such poor condition, out of 6 vans only 2 have completely functioning equipment.

Dispatch is a joke. They have maps and GPS and they STILL send 2 different techs to the same facility daily. Techs then have to spend an absurd amount of time on the phone making changes. There is no such thing as getting off work on time. If you have a family or a life at all stay away from this company!

Little to no correct information is taken in at time of order. Any suggestions to improve communication between nursing staff at serviced facilities and techs is met with this response 'oh there's no point in that, you'll never get them to do that'. WOW really?! Well change will NEVER happen with that attitude!!

Facilities are allowed to abuse the 'STAT' service with no reason or justification. So while on call, you can bet your (quite small) paycheck that you will have to be woke up at 3am for a 'Stat' wrist or 'arm' (that one is a personal favorite), hip, chest, etc for a fall that happened a week ago, or any multitude of symptoms that have been ignored for hours/days/weeks until 3rd shift finally decides to call an order in.

There is no one to bring concerns to and no support from management. There is no regard for employee morale. It is ALL about numbers. They are only concerned that we keep the facilities happy and get our ever so redundant paperwork sent in.

Try listening to your techs feedback and suggestions. Treat them with respect. YOU wouldn't have your cushy paycheck with out them.

Quit putting the bottom dollar before your employees!

BTW Rad Tech week is coming up so that's a good time to prove you pay attention to your employees at all.

UNETHICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT

I have been working at MobilexUSA

Pros

It's a bit laid back at times no one really bothers you unitil you do something wrong!

Cons

Management does not listen to your goals and desires as to wanting to advance in the company, the pay is horrible, cleaniness is "Out the Door" Disorganized, Bad training, Does not care about it's employees

Pay more attention to your Employees on the good work they do and pay them accordingly and fairly; for a compay that makes millions of dollars of year such pay their employees well. You maybe surprise and make more money. Happy Employee= Happy Company

Solid job / company.

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MobilexUSA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Independence and the ability to earn extra income by working overtime.

Cons

Overnight on-call and little opportunity for advancement.

Invest in your employees through opportunities for advancement and perhaps tuition reimbursement. These two things would help prevent feelings of a "dead end job".

This is the worse employer I have ever had. No employee is happy here.

I have been working at MobilexUSA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

company car and uniform allowance are the only pros in this company

Cons

benefits, rude management, treat employees terrible, watch every move, don't believe or trust anything you say and do, no one to go to if you have a problem.

hire new supervisors

Be prepared to be sucked into long endless days with no recognition for your hard work. Stressful!

Former Employee - Ultrasound Technologist in Brockton, MA
    Former Employee - Ultrasound Technologist in Brockton, MA

I worked at MobilexUSA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are good all things considered. This company is "ideal" for the expereince for a new grad however of you're fresh out of ultrasound school know your anatomy and what scanning planes are needed because there is no one around to "guide" you.

Cons

Not to be bitter because Mobilexusa (Ma office) did pay for my bills as a new grad. However, this is a very independent based position (x-ray, ultrasound techs). What this means is you don't see your co-workers, management, HR, radiologist etc. "No news is good news" directly quoted from my supervisor. I don't agree with their way of approaching ethics in the work enviroment. You don't get recognized for your hard work, long hours, endless days of the week, and always just staying "late" for the dispatchers. Its all about numbers. Dispatchers keep sending you cases to do and they don't care that your an hour from home and you have 30 mins left in your day. Breaks what breaks? They make you deduct a 30 min lunch break but you somehow find the way to drive, eat and call the facility to let them know your on the way at the same time. Machines are out dated and you're lucky enough to have the right probes. The patients aren't your everyday hospital patients. They are confined to they're beds, limited mobility and nurses, CNA's dont care to give a helping hand with them. If you aren't into going to prisons to do a scrotal ultrasound on an inmate this is not the job for you. You have no choice this is what you signed up to do. You are given a company phone for dispatches all assigments come in via email. I can't tell you how fed up you get to be towards a blackberry. Phones goes off in the middle of the night and dispatches for the next day come in as soon as you walk in the door, giving you that endless feeling of being a robot. Vacation? Remember this is independent based so if you need vacation someone needs to cover your "area" which means you can not be out if someone else is out in another area. They proclaim to keep you within a certain distance from your home, (accept that this doesnt apply) be prepared for 2 hour sometimes 3 hours away to work the 8 hour shift but then need to drive those hours back home during rush hour. Also you're not just a technologist. You are the secretary- (mandatory post office trip once a week), the maintance man ( car repairs, oil changes, flat tires, equipment upkeep). No bonus, no christmas parties, no recognition, no room for growth. 2% raise - because they have to. However, the supervisor is always on vacation? Wouldn't recommend this company for long term. If you need the experience its doable for a young no family individual that needs 1 or 2 days off in the year. You work the 9-5. Don't get sick, most doctor offices have normal business hour but you do not.

Take more pride in your employees and find ways to boost they're enthusiasm for your company. Team buidling? Team players? Don't exist. Advice for future techs: Don't settle in because there's no work-life balance.

I want to comment on some of your posts...

I worked at MobilexUSA

Pros

I have already wrote a review

Cons

I have already wrote a review. I just wanted to say that I wish there was a way to comment on other people's posts. Several of them need an AMEN! and like that one that says "Anonymous Former Employee" who seems to like the company so well...you are OBVIOUSLY one of the current people in upper management bc there is seriously NO ONE else who feels that positive about Mobilex. You are only saying that to try to make up for all the truth being spoken on here! .........typical.

I have already wrote a review

Sociopathic top down horror show.

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Horsham, PA

I have been working at MobilexUSA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only reason to work for Mobilex is if they come into your state and buy out all the competition, (which is what they did in my state), and you simply can't find any other work.

Cons

They have no conscience first if all. No raises period. They cut all overtime and make you work weekends and nights at their discretion, and make you take days off during the week to be certain you never get any time and a half.....unless of course they need a favor from you, then they decide they are willing to make exceptions. It's so blatantly, in-your-face total disregard for their employees, that your head will spin with, "how is this legal?" I hate this company with a passion. I've never felt this way about any company I've worked for. With any luck, the sociopathic pirates at the top of this company's sick totum pole will die soon.

Upper management- don't make me laugh! Upper management is the cancer in this company. It's all about whipping the sled dogs for higher profits for the CEO, stockholders, and of course the unholy army of lawyers.

Best X-ray job out there

I worked at MobilexUSA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

No hospital, No on site Doctors, or tons of Administration. You get to focus on caring for your patient and not politics. I really enjoyed my time here. I had a great supervisor and fellow co workers. As far as I am concerned it is the best x-ray job out there.

Cons

Work load changes by the minute. Equipment breaks due to being in a moving environment.

MobilexUSA Photos