MobilexUSA
www.mobilexusa.com Glencoe, MD 500 to 999 Employees

MobilexUSA Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014
MobilexUSA – US – “Building”

Bill Glynn

Be prepared to be sucked into long endless days with no recognition for your hard work. Stressful!

Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee)
    Brockton, MA

ProsBenefits are good all things considered. This company is "ideal" for the expereince for a new grad however of you're fresh out of ultrasound school know your anatomy and what scanning planes are needed because there is no one around to "guide" you.

ConsNot to be bitter because Mobilexusa (Ma office) did pay for my bills as a new grad. However, this is a very independent based position (x-ray, ultrasound techs). What this means is you don't see your co-workers, management, HR, radiologist etc. "No news is good news" directly quoted from my supervisor. I don't agree with their way of approaching ethics in the work enviroment. You don't get recognized for your hard work, long hours, endless days of the week, and always just staying "late" for the dispatchers. Its all about numbers. Dispatchers keep sending you cases to do and they don't care that your an hour from home and you have 30 mins left in your day. Breaks what breaks? They make you deduct a 30 min lunch break but you somehow find the way to drive, eat and call the facility to let them know your on the way at the same time. Machines are out dated and you're lucky enough to have the right probes. The patients aren't your everyday hospital patients. They are confined to they're beds, limited mobility and nurses, CNA's dont care to give a helping hand with them. If you aren't into going to prisons to do a scrotal ultrasound on an inmate this is not the job for you. You have no choice this is what you signed up to do. You are given a company phone for dispatches all assigments come in via email. I can't tell you how fed up you get to be towards a blackberry. Phones goes off in the middle of the night and dispatches for the next day come in as soon as you walk in the door, giving you that endless feeling of being a robot. Vacation? Remember this is independent based so if you need vacation someone needs to cover your "area" which means you can not be out if someone else is out in another area. They proclaim to keep you within a certain distance from your home, (accept that this doesnt apply) be prepared for 2 hour sometimes 3 hours away to work the 8 hour shift but then need to drive those hours back home during rush hour. Also you're not just a technologist. You are the secretary- (mandatory post office trip once a week), the maintance man ( car repairs, oil changes, flat tires, equipment upkeep). No bonus, no christmas parties, no recognition, no room for growth. 2% raise - because they have to. However, the supervisor is always on vacation? Wouldn't recommend this company for long term. If you need the experience its doable for a young no family individual that needs 1 or 2 days off in the year. You work the 9-5. Don't get sick, most doctor offices have normal business hour but you do not.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more pride in your employees and find ways to boost they're enthusiasm for your company. Team buidling? Team players? Don't exist. Advice for future techs: Don't settle in because there's no work-life balance.

Best X-ray job out there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo hospital, No on site Doctors, or tons of Administration. You get to focus on caring for your patient and not politics. I really enjoyed my time here. I had a great supervisor and fellow co workers. As far as I am concerned it is the best x-ray job out there.

ConsWork load changes by the minute. Equipment breaks due to being in a moving environment.

Clearwater - FL "Okay Job"

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Clearwater, FL

ProsCo-workers are great even management are pretty cool and laid back. Small work environment.

ConsThis company has got to be the most disorganized company I've ever worked for... ever.

The management lack any sort of qualifications for the positions that they hold and are not the brightest candidates.

Job opportunities above a customer service related position are non-existent. The people that were promoted last have all been in their positions as customer service for almost 10 years!

Attendance policy is pretty strict, they don't care if you're sick or dying you WILL get an occurrence for any and every call out and after 7 (in a 12 month rolling period) you're out!

This company is a HIPAA compliant company and requires it's employees to be without HIPAA violations. A violation could be something as small as faxing to a wrong number or transposing an account number accidentally. Trust me a violation is super easy to get and if you get 4 within a 24 month period... you're fired.

This company cares too much about just "getting orders in" and doesn't care much about getting the facts up front from customers because they're afraid it will turn away business which has put this company in the millions of dollars of unpaid exams due to Medicare denial.

Pay raises come once every 18 months (pfft) and your maximum pay raise is 2%. Two percent if you were absolutely perfect in every way... yep a whole quarter an hour IF you're lucky.

The customer service call queue is seemingly always holding and because of this we get many complaints from our customers. What's the solution MobileX has for this problem? Tell everyone in every group to get on the phones to take orders and stop doing their own jobs. This isn't a solution to the problem...

Advice to Senior ManagementFirstly, If you have to roll calls to other groups all day long because of hold times then you NEED to hire more people in the customer service department. You send out e-mails on a daily basis, DAILY to tell everyone to start taking calls, this is completely disorganized and an inefficient way of handling calls.

Being HIPAA and CMS compliant come first, putting orders in without ALL of the information necessary to bill is how you lose money and hence have no budget to hire more people to take all of the calls that you roll to other departments.

Inbound fax order requests are sloppy and should be standardized amongst all of your customers. Doing this may irritate some customers, but it makes things more consistent and reduces the chances of HIPAA violations.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't waste your time coming to this company...too many broken promises...NO FUTURE

Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee)
    Worthington, OH

ProsIt's a paycheck, some of the co-workers are nice

ConsManagement, pay sucks, no bonus, pay raise every 18 months..you'd be lucky to get $.20, lazy managers, too much office gossip, always under staff, no room EVER for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so lazy, step up and manage the workers. I shouldn't know more about what's being done then a lot of the managers

All About Money By Any Means Necessary

Jefferson, AR

ProsThe was ok in the beginning - that's it.

ConsA company that only cares about the almighty dollar. Continuously piles on work for it's employees to do only to deny them overtime hours. No longer gives yearly raises - only give raises after every 18 months. Always threatening your job because of "low numbers". Management does what they want; nor do they even know what they are supposed to be doing. Shopping sprees while on the clock and neglecting to solve problems that employees are having. No guidance. New employees are basically thrown to the wolves and reprimanded for not knowing how to do something they were never trained on. HORRIBLE leadership here. They want an increase in productivity but they don't want to pay for it. Benefits are crappy. HIGH deductibles and HIGH premiums. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you enjoy being under stress and having health issues from it.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and let people who actually know about the job take over.

Got Ethics?

Columbus, OH

ProsYou have to enter five words for Pros.
    5 Words.
    Nothing.

ConsThe most unethical company I have ever worked for. This company has grown too quickly and is only focused on generating profit. Profit AT ALL COSTS.
    To say that management is "under qualified" would be the biggest understatement ever. The managers make decisions based on emotion and friendships. That's it. If one member of the management team puts you on their radar you are done for.
    No training. No support. No advancement. No 'coaching'.
    Expect the unexpected.
    I only pray that when the time comes, that the family members of the Mobilex investors and management team, receive the exact same quality services and accuracy in reporting, that Mobilex provides it's current customers.
    If this company is a representation of how healthcare companies in the future are going to conduct business, God help us.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with an SOP for discrepancies and Quality Assurance.
    Hire someone with an education level higher than an RN to run the company.
    If you say you're going to send an email with information we need to know, SEND IT!!!!!
    Respond back to your employee's emails don't ignore them.
    Look up the definition of Integrity.

Great job if operations and management worked correctly.

Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsTraveling to new places and meeting new people. Helping elderly by coming to them so they do not deal with the stress and cost of traveling to have tests. Provided with gas, vehicle, and imaging equipment.

ConsPoor management with bad communication skills. We receive a lot of emails with the phrase, "Don't make me hunt you down!!!" Lead technologists are very comfortable bullying workers into dangerous situations. Majority of communication will be negative. Very little opportunities to promote unless you live near one of the main offices. No bonuses. Raises are small and biannually. Pay is low considering this is a mobile career. Technologists are treated like objects/equipment not employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on communication skills. Understand how important it is to give genuine positive feedback. When addressing issues with your workers find a professional way to express your concerns. Learn to ask for help, demanding drives employees away.

A company with below average benefits and does not value employees

Dispatcher (Current Employee)

ProsSmall work environment with flexible schedules

ConsManagement is often under qualified for the position they hold. This company does not care about employees and the pay is terrible. No room for advancement unless you have a connection. Overall this place is poor in every aspect.

Challenging, fast moving environment with few team players

Horsham, PA

ProsConstant learning available
    The people outside of IT

Conslack of team in department
    lack of good leadershhip
    important information not shared with rest of department

Over-worked, under-paid and never appreciated.

Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee)

ProsInteracting with the elderly community.

ConsThe company aknowledges you only when you've made an error, usually unbeknownst to you, due to lack of communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet with your offices at least once a year to find what would be beneficial to your patient's and employees.

Worked for MobilexUSA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MobilexUSA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MobilexUSA CEO Bill Glynn. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by MobilexUSA employees.