Mobistar

Add Photos

Mobistar CEO Jean Marc Harion

Jean Marc Harion

Good teamwork

Intern In the ITNO Team (Former Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

ProsI was very happy to do my internship there because the team I had the chance to work with was very enjoyable.

ConsCan be difficult to start for people graduating.

A great opportunity but momentum shifted to commodity

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWork/life balance, stable, technology driven

ConsFrance Telecom owned, cost savings

HUman resources

ICT (Current Employee)

ProsIN general the salary package is good.

ConsThere is no good carrier planning and follow-up. Once you have your task/job it is hard to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementA better followup of the performance and skills of he TM. Use in a better way the knowledge of the TM. They have more peer and knowledge than been used.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

INTERESTING projects (which is good) but too much workload and same salary since many years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

Proslots of interesting projects in a changing environments = very interesting challenges !

Constoo high workload, work intensity, lack of recognition

Advice to Senior Managementdo projects prioritisation, I mean do REAL prioritisation = kill projects or postpone some projects.
    Ask projects to be implemented in a REALLY feasible planning: if 1st ambitious is too optimitic, we loose afterward a lot of time to explain reason for delays (instead of doing proper project management from the start)

mediocre

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

Proswell paid, teleworking, extra benefits, good Team Members

Consno long term carreer possible, no real respect management, questions about capacities Direction

Advice to Senior Managementwork on your credibility

Mobistar is a 2012 Top Employer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

ProsExcellent primary and secondary working conditions.

ConsStock quotation and dividend pressure leads to focus on short term results.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus and prioritize resources on where Mobistar can make a difference. Closer follow-up of the really important projects.

An every day challenge

Marketing (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

ProsMobistar is a company with big ambitions and capacity to acheive them - 3 million mobile customers, leader in M2M, launch TV, ... - and at the same time keeps a human size - all employees in the same building.
    As employee and manager, there is room for initiatives and autonomy in daily activities, which makes the job attractive.
    Mobistar offers a extensive and consistent training program to all employees. This helps to progess as employee but also as a group.

ConsMobistar works with continuous pressure on ressource. Up to a certain level, this forces us to set priorities and to be efficient and pragmatic, but this level is more and more exceeded making difficult (not possible) to deliver the quality of service that our customers expect.

Although the job is interesting, there are few opportunities to evolve and this questions a long term carreer at Mobistar.

would be a nicer place to work if their would be less testosteron, ego and political interests

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

Pros- collegues are hard workers and do their best to achieve very challenging objectives
    - management tries to evaluate their workers regularly
    - good benefits
    - teleworking

Cons- result of evaluation is not subjective and cannot be challenged objectively
    - promotion depends on subjective impression of senior mgt, not results and capabilities
    - some senior managers are manipulative and very disrespectfull towards lower employees because they know they can and their word is always believed
    - the wordload is more than what can be achieved within the requested objective
    - no appreciation when you do more and work very long hours

Advice to Senior Management- be more objective when senior mgt uses their influence and power when they have criticism on a low employee
    - lower you ego and listen to what the person on the floor has to say, they know what they are talking about
    - every one in the company should be treated the same way!!!
    - do not fire people because of so called reputation that is created by higher management
    - higher management should criticise their low management much easier and they should evaluate and verify how they manage, you will be very surprised!!

Strenuous!

Project Manager (Former Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

ProsGreat team of highly skilled professionals! Probably the best and most knowledgeable colleagues I ever had! Good Laughs! Very good interaction and brainstorming sessions. Human Resources did the best they could to cope with my situation, and when I decided to leave they where genuinly interested in my case and why I took that decision.
    If you are interested in large scale projects, if your life is all about spreadsheets and gant charts then you are in for a treat. But you have to be flexible and ready to adopt change. The telecom world is a fast very fast world.

But you are given the opportunity to follow trainings and evolve. Also, being a member of the Orange group, you have access to a lot of good information and specialists in almost every domain of the telecommunication world.

ConsMobistar is all about meetings, flowcharts, spreadsheets. Too many office warriors with little field experience. IMHO

I am personally a more pragmatic hands on person and if I see problems out in the field I like to solve them right there, with the people who are responsible. Your field experiences can then contribute to make the right decisions when it comes to writing procedures.

It seems to me that the way the bonus system is set up, it makes senior management accept poor performance from suppliers. It's all about delivering the figures, no matter what.

Some colleagues are working their a** off. Arriving as early as 7h00 and leaving at 19h30, not counting the commute which in Brussels is among the worst you can have. They will either have severe health issues or will burn out sooner or later.

But some of their superiors are just interested in promotion, so they have no life, and they expect just the same modus vivendi from their team members.

Oh, and to conclude: The cantine is as close to food poisoning as it can get.

But you have options close by ....

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great team!

You should not be concerned about their time management but about energy management.
    There are many ways to improve the energy and satisfaction level of your employees.
    Some of your team members are constantly working at the limit of what one single person can achieve.
    Yes, you can always fit in one more project and one more meeting but in the end the best people will either leave or suffocate.

More work, same salary as 5 years ago, less appreciation from the higher management

Pros- Good relationship between all team members
    - multicultural
    - Teleworking possibility
    - Continuous improvement plan

Cons- less team members for more work
    - no salary raise since +- 5 years, although everyone invests more of him/herself to get the job done
    - pressure gets higher and higher (looks almost like a way to clean up team members : if you can resist, you stay. If you can't resist you walk - preferably on your own initiative)
    - priorities are not always clear enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementMobistar needs each level: from top to bottom.
    Not only the top deserves a salary raise. If you wish that the bottom keeps on going, there should be a recompense.

Worked for Mobistar? Contribute to the Community!