Moda Health

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Gootee

Wonderful company to work for, great people

Medical Director (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGreat leadership, excellent staff, growing company, have really done a great job with marketing with purchase of Moda Center

ConsSame as every other company with health care reform, with cataclysmic regulatory changes affecting the industry, but have weathered it well

Advice to Senior ManagementContinued growth in the community, marketing opportunities, they already do a great job with strategic planning

Frustrated

ProsAmazing benefits great schedule and awesome CEO!

ConsImmature dishonest management. I often feel like I am in high school when I have to deal with the manager in my area. People skills should really be on the list of required attributes for the management team.

Still forming an opinion

PA Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGood hours, lots of overtime, fairly flexible.

ConsStill forming an opinion, not sure right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe patient when introducing new tasks

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unless you are in management they will suck the life out of you and want more

Claims (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThere are some gems among the top-heavy lumps of coal in the management/supervisory team.

ConsNon-management employees are treated poorly. Shuffled back and forth from the downtown Portland office and the Milwaukie office with no consideration for any hardship this may cause the worker.
    Many of the workers have been forced to help out working in Customer Service for months due to the large amount of new business. Unfortunately they have had less than 2 hours training and no training in how to handle upset callers or even how to find the answers to many of the questions the callers need assistance with. For many workers, this assignment involves skills that have nothing to do with their real jobs. There has been no compensation for this, even for those making less than those in the department they are on loan to.
    The amount of mandatory overtime leaves little time for anything more than running errands on your only day off. Forget your spouse, kids, pets, clean house, home cooked, meals, doctors appointments, exercise & sanity.
    If you have no life, this could be the perfect place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so stingy and hire more people. Let the current employees feel appreciated instead of used. People need time off to refocus and relax. Get rid of some of the non-productive management.
    This used to be an enjoyable place to work.

Postive

Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsLike most work environments, there are some really great individuals who inspire growth and creativity. Moda works to promote from within wherever possible, and many of the temporary positions will transition into full time positions. Lots of workshops hosted by human resources and subject matter experts to encourage learning within the workplace.

ConsWhile there are great individuals within the company, other departments are left with unenthusiastic and jaded leadership that sours the work experience and stymies growth potential. Lots of seemingly unnecessary overhead and hierarchy.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in good leadership and growth. Get rid of bad leadership. Create an atmosphere of intolerance for negativity.

Good Company Overall

ProsIt's good to work for a company that isn't only about the bottom line. The company does seem to care about taking care of its customers (members). It also treats employees not too bad. I feel alot better working here than the competitor I used to work at.

ConsOutdated IT. Even employees can't find their way thru the website. Plenty of politics and silos. But I think that's a pretty common problem in any big organization. Lots of mandatory overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so focused on growing that you forget to do a good job of what you're already doing.

Training

Document Services (Current Employee) Portland, OR

Prosmy salary was decent, 37.5 work week.

ConsIf they don't like you for any reason they will not give you a chance whatsoever. Oh, and dont ask questions towards the end of your training. You will get fired unless they like you. No parking down town, and they pay only 50% of trimet but after 90 days.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore letting someone go at least let them finish training and try to have experience and improve on the floor before kicking them to the curb.

Career Growth Friendly, but you have to bust your behind!

Supervisor (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGreat Growth Potential and Benefits

ConsSalary needs to be on par with current market

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees.

Worked for Moda Health? Contribute to the Community!