Model Metrics Inc

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Adam Caplan

Fast paced, cutting edge technology, and relaxed environment.

I have been working at Model Metrics Inc

ProsYou get to work on some cutting edge technology with enterprise level companies. The bureaucracy is minimal so decisions can be made very quickly. The leadership is top notch and creative. The main pro is the expertise and knowledge of the co-workers. They are some very impressive people to work with and inspire you to strive to be your best. We actually have fun at work.

I get to work remotely as often as I want which saves gas money and preserves sanity. However, there is a massage chair and bean bags to use in the office.

MM has built the best on-boarding program I have ever seen. They has a week of on-boarding classes and a 30, 60, and 90 day plan. It is so nice not to be thrown into the deep end and expected to swim.

There is no vacation policy. You take off what time you want and mark it in your calendar and notify your team. There is no maximum number of paid days off and time off is encouraged.

ConsThe health benefits are not as extensive as a larger company but the perks make up for it. Can be a little stressful with all the growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoint out the small wins more often. We all need to have that little pick me up every once in a while. Do not lose the culture MM has fostered.

Manager, Services

Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at Model Metrics Inc full-time for more than a year

ProsWell positioned but not able to make use of that positioning because of larger problems (systemic) with the company

ConsPoor ability to price services correctly, Mobile design is a disconnect with marketplace and does not understand how to price an effective delivery.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the bully's, stop passing out the kool-aid and take a long hard look at yourselves. You need to adjust and become what is actually possible for MM.

May have been a great place to work ...quite the let down

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Model Metrics Inc

ProsBenefits are good now that Salesforce purchased them. Young atmosphere and they want to be innovative.

ConsAll sales opportunities are fed from Salesforce--no direct sourcing, therefore all delivery opportunities are downstream from Salesforce. The result is a you are brought in to do the work that SFDC deems passable. Delivery is "old school" CRM type of mentality and from what I see despite multiple means of capture is rarely hitting the sweet-spot on work effort specs and is off on most opportunities. Transparency may have once existed but now is missing. In general the "talk" is good but the "walk" falls short. The transition to SFDC is hitting these guys hard. They are scrambling to step up and figure out who and what they are now. Lack of clarity, lack of understanding--difficulty in grasping SFDC paradigm makes for an odd environment. Meanwhile SFDC is pushing the largest deals to close, and individual goals reflect that push. A very odd combination. If you are a sales guy look elsewhere. If you are a delivery guy the excitement and cool opportunities will not be here. May have been a great company to work for but look for a mass exodus now.

Advice to Senior Management... go by the SFDC comments. Come in at the highest pay rate you can and highest title because chances are high that you are not going anywhere.

Beneficial, but allows one to get stuck in a role

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Model Metrics Inc

ProsWorking with some of the smartest people in the industry
Work with cutting edge technology
Awesome atmosphere and great coworkers

ConsNot really sure who is running the show there
Very guilty of platform "lock-in" in regards to the Force.com platform
Timeline for movement is average of 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a better vision and a better message to the employees
Employees should have more ownership of their work and feel like they are creating value

Awesome company to work for.

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Model Metrics Inc

ProsModel Metrics has a completely laid back atmosphere, it is by far the best company I've ever worked for. When work needs to get done, you're expected to get it done. That being said, they strongly encourage a fair work/life balance. You receive unlimited PTO as long as it fits into the schedule on your project. There is an amazing on-boarding process that consists of a week on-site (if you work remotely like most of the company does) and a 30/60/90 day plan that involves multiple certifications, which are strongly encouraged.

The other employees that work at the company have a strong sense of teamwork and always seem willing to help. The company uses cutting edge technology to increase knowledge share and communication. They are on the forefront of emerging cloud technologies and consider training extremely important.

Management is transparent. They let you know what it going on, the goals and plans they have for the future, and how they plan on reaching those goals. Upper management also takes care of it's employees and knows that as a services company they would not have an offering without them. They have been rated Chicago Tribune's #1 company to work for in Chicago, and its a title well earned.

I would highly recommend working for Model Metrics if you are a hard worker that likes to joke around, but can be serious when you need to be, are interested in learning and expanding your career and skill set, and want to be a part of an absolutely amazing team.

ConsAs described in the other posts, the benefits are not the best, but they are working on improving them. They are not a massive company yet, but as they grow so will the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the same vision you have. It will scale as long as you continue to hire the caliber of people you have been. Don't turn into one of the big houses that forgets about it's employees.

Great company, amazing culture, fast and furious growth - what a fun job!

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Model Metrics Inc

ProsMM supports work/life balance, rather than just stating that they do. They care about your workload and try to ensure nobody gets burned out from the seemingly endless amount of business we are winning. It's a centralized company from a management perspective, but many associates work from remote locations (as I do) and the culture supports and embraces this philosophy. The in-office perks are great as well, and overall this is a progressive, growing company with a talented and driven executive core. It's been a real joy to work here for the last year.

ConsAs a smaller company, we don't have quite the scale to offer benefits packages comparable to large enterprises. As a result, prices might be a little higher, or coverage a little lower...but these minor inconveniences are far outweighed by the positives of working for MM.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on growth, image and marketplace clout. Continue to make efforts to ensure remote employees feel like part of the fabric. Continue to keep it fun...everyone loves that. Continue to reward top performers, and cull out the weak...that is the mark of top-performing company and will raise the bar every year.

Worked for Model Metrics Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Model Metrics Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Model Metrics Inc CEO Adam Caplan. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Model Metrics Inc employees.