Model N Reviews

Reset
3.5
Model N Chairman and CEO Zack Rinat
Zack Rinat

Pros
  • Work life balance- flexibility to work from home (in 13 reviews)

• Model N provides facilities like work from home (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance exists with a high sense of urgency on a daily basis (in 9 reviews)

• Culture and standard operating model is to work very long hours (in 3 reviews)

1. Amazing company to work for

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Leader in it's niche Exposure to fortune 500 companies Full visibility into the company's financial performance Shares Fantastic staff Must be a team payer

Cons

Understaffing Long hours Not enough women in managerial positions

Advice to Management

More females should be incorporated in leading / management positions

2. Amazing collection of smart folks

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Model N full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with an amazingly smart group of people

Cons

Working through 3 timezones can get rough

3. Had some bumps, but still a great place to work,

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot of resources in terms of money, expertise, and support. Good managers and good work-life balance (at least here in the Boston office). Good opportunities for learning and advancing one's career. Recently had some layoffs, making the company more lean and efficient.

Cons

A little bit disconnected from HQ office in CA. Incentive structure is a little flat (ie. not much reward for those putting in extra effort).

Advice to Management

Find ways to address the "cons" listed above.

Incredible and tumultuous ride but what a good experience!

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Complex product with outstanding customer relationship Great cash flow management

Cons

The down side of managing well your cash flow while growing is the endemic low level of resourcing

6. Friendly environment with accessible top management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product with huge market potential "Whos-who" of LS and HT industry as customers "Healthy" balance sheet with lots of cash SaaS strategy to grow the business Nice perks with an opportunity to participate in growth/profits through a variety of programs, including Company bonus , ESPP participation, RSUs

Cons

Need to have a robust quality department to thoroughly test the product(s) before the release

Advice to Management

Need to diversify the business - more products, international presence, wider customer-base etc.

7. Best of both worlds - startup culture with stability

I have been working at Model N full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is proactively blazing new trails to transform company and create a leading new category. Exciting times. They try to retain some of the good elements of a "startup culture" but infused with benefits of a more established stable company. Best of both worlds.

Cons

Strategy and product direction can be ambiguous at times - but that is the nature of an emerging market in transition.

Audacious Effort and Humility in Learning

Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to learn and increase the slope of your learning curve, Model N is the place to go. Neither too small, nor too big, just the right size so that you get the benefit of working in a startup type environment without the risk of losing it all. Very entrepreneurial culture, you will never be short of challenging work. Not a place for slackers.

Cons

Be ready to give it all, very demanding and challenging and you get recognized by what you deliver, not by your title.

Advice to Management

Senior management should spend more time with team members.

Have great people.Great company to work with if you love versatility and have can do attitude..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very open culture..This gives you ability to showcase your talent without being trapped in bureaucracy Some very smart people work here. Gives an opportunity to learn from them Lots of fun activities along with work

Cons

Many times due to faster turnaround time, team needs to work in start up mode, which is fun but at the same time stressful..

Love the Boston office

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Model N full-time

Pros

I have a positive view about Model N overall, but this is mostly specific to the Boston office where I work: Pretty decent pay: maybe not as much as bigger consulting firms, but it's also a lot less stressful work Managers and staff: dedicated, supportive, and good at their job -- it is a pleasure and honor to work with/for them Great work culture: minimal drama/politics, good flexibility to work from home, fair recognition for hard work, and many social activities Terrific HR team: very hard working, and when they respond to my requests/questions, I feel like I am as important to them as the CEO Clients love us: we're able to sell a lot of projects just through positive word of mouth Stock seem to be doing pretty well lately and has a good outlook

Cons

Boston office is a little bit cut off from the rest of the company in California in terms of work, goal/focus, business plan, etc... But we're still doing very well on our own -- getting our own business and keeping our clients happy.

Advice to Management

We'd be much stronger if we make our product development and consulting teams more integrated and work together more.

Visionary Leadership and Great Inter-Team Collaboration

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaboration happens vertically and horizontally across all areas of the company, leading to a lot of solid understanding of the business and customer needs. I can reach out to anyone in any of our global offices and be welcomed into discussion or knowledge sharing at any moment during mission critical processes. I absolutely love that. The political environment is one of brotherhood regardless of title. Further, I feel like if I have an idea that can help us be more profitable or bring more value to our customers, it is considered sincerely. Having been here for a few months now, and just recently taking the employee entrance training, I am incredibly impressed by the brilliant people we have here and especially the founding team. I want to say that the CEO is that much more impressive, but I feel it would take away from some truly brilliant people that work as direct reports to him. Honored to be a part of this organization. Truly honored.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any. There might be some in other departments, but not mine.

Advice to Management

Your leadership is the engine of this company. The MN Essentials introduction to our senior leadership is incredibly motivating, and it should be a regular occurrence, if it isn't.

RSS Feed </> Embed