Model N

Updated December 15, 2014
3.2

Model N Chairman and CEO Zack Rinat
Zack Rinat

Pros
  • Work life balance with opportunity to work from home when neccesary (in 13 reviews)

• Model N provides facilities like work from home (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance exists with a high sense of urgency on a daily basis (in 9 reviews)

• Middle management, if you want to learn politics then learn from them (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Quality Assurance Engineer

Former Employee - QAE in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - QAE in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Model N full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1.Good work life balance.
    2. Visibility

Cons

1.Constant firing
    2.Career progression is very difficult

Work on new products , you just can't rely on single product for long

Great company to work - need to up the compensation package

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Waltham, MA

I worked at Model N full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Companies uses latest technology stack for product development. Promotion policy is fair and work-life balance is reasonable

Cons

Pay was not up to the market standards

Good culture and challenging atmosphere one to take up and demonstrate, safety net helps for people to explore new stuff

I have been working at Model N full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Smart and talented employees with can do attitude. employees get to know company financials on quarterly basis which gives good insight into future growth, recognized as leader in Revenue Management, now offering Revenue Management Could Solutions. Impressive future road-map. Bonus, RSUs and ESPP program which are apart from the guaranteed salary.

Cons

Give opportunities to internal talent for next level positions rather than hiring laterally. Invent in building technical documentation for easy on-boarding of new hires.

product manager

I worked at Model N

Pros

very professional team of very experienced people.

Cons

nine-to-five culture. Every man for himself. Not a tech environment

Dynamic team with 'can-do' attitude.

Current Employee - QA Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

People are the asset of the company with strong executive team members. Flexible work hours for a work-life balance. Emphasis on the company core values and abiding by them. Has a long-term vision with corresponding short-term goals. We went through the worst times and I feel it is even stronger now.

Cons

Sometimes you will feel, you are not part of the decision making process. We build great Products, but sometimes I feel there is lack of long term vision for some of those Product. Management advocacy for off-hour working versus finishing it within working hours.

BETTER PLANNING. I feel there is a sense of urgency for everything we want to do. With better planning, we can deliver much more great Products and perhaps deliver more than what we do today, which I think is bit stressful.

Uninspiring, Autocratic Management

Former Employee - Finance in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Model N full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy job - lots of repetition and manual work.

Cons

VERY, VERY, VERY uninspiring, autocratic management style with no respect and appreciation for employees. 4 to 5 projects are requested for completion at the same time due NOW, don't expect a thank you. It's your job, why are you not smart enough or efficient enough to get it done? Career development - what's that? Seriously, stay away from this abusive place.

Model N Review

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Model N full-time (more than an year)

Pros

"Great work-culture and Environment with adequate opportunity for career development in Life sciences and High Tech Industry ".Everyone is Always Ready To Help One Another At Every Single Step.It Really Feels to be Good Honoured Working In This Company.

Cons

H1 Opportunities are less and employees are loaded with work .

Good work, Not so good work culture

I worked at Model N full-time

Pros

Good Technology, Good understanding of the market and economy. Lots of good passionate people. On the face of it good "incentives" for employees. Work from home was possible.

Cons

Very top-down management, seemingly open, but not really. Approachable, but not open.
    Hints of nepotism/favoritism.
    There seemed to be so many things they do for employee morale, except should anybody actually use it, they might be docked for it, if you are not in the management's good graces, that is.

I would worry about the attrition, and find out what makes so many people leave what seems like a great company!

Trying to achieve success without a workable plan compromising on employee welfare and deliverable quality

Former Employee - Program Manager in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Model N full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) Compensation
    2) WFH facility
    3) New wise HR Head to India office

Cons

1) There are some senior folks in the company working for a long time and company thinks that they know everything and they can steer the company to success. But unfortunately, they are not broad minded, micro managing, political, jealous and not ready to accept better solutions from the new folks joining the company.
    2) No opportunity to learn new technologies
    3) Aggressive work with pressure and no quality
    4) Weekend and late night work

Talk to the junior engineers about their experiences and expectations and try to figure out why a lot of smart people have been continually leaving the company.

Worst company I ever worked at

I worked at Model N full-time

Pros

Eventually you can leave and find another job. Met some nice people. Lots of young idealistic worker bees who try hard but burn out when they realize they can't make any difference.

Cons

Tooo many to list without sounding bitter! Lots of BS about process and improvements, little results. Hi emphasis on face time at the office, but management don't care about quality of results. Hi level of attrition. One dept had 60% of the rank-and-file team leave within 6 mos, but management didn't think they're was a problem (the only people left were management and the H1bs who couldn't leave). Managers prefer to hire people of their same nationality, good luck getting hired if your not Indian or Chinese.

clean house!