Model N

Updated February 25, 2015
3.1

Model N Chairman and CEO Zack Rinat
Zack Rinat

Pros
  • Work life balance with opportunity to work from home when neccesary (in 13 reviews)

• Model N provides facilities like work from home (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance exists with a high sense of urgency on a daily basis (in 9 reviews)

• Middle management, if you want to learn politics then learn from them (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Model N is a good company to work where one get lot of opportunity to grow and choose career path.

Current Employee - Product Line Manager in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Product Line Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Model N full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management - X level team and top management comprises of experience and skillful. They are major driver of growth in highly competitive market.
    Product - Company has leadership in Revenue Management domain and going in new verticals and coming up with new products. Its always give good feeling when your product enjoy the leadership in market.
    Work life balance - Off course you have work more then 8 hrs a day but individuals have freedom to plan and schedule the deliverable
    Growth - This is one of the area where this company score very high. Employees initiatives are encouraged and given a freedom to implement.

Cons

Scope of improvement in infrastructure.

Promise the universe when they want you to join and deliver nothing once you join

I worked at Model N full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Uhmm can't think of much

Cons

No planning when delivering to customers

They promise one thing and then turn it against you once your join - very alienating experience

Some team members in PS are intimidated with women PMs and delivery leads

Sometimes you have to be ready to pay your own bill even if it is a company dinner just because you ordered an extra side dish

I can go on and on

Don't make the same mistake I did!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay & OK benefits. Diverse culture.

Cons

Terrible management team here. Very high turnaround. My manager left after I was hired maybe was a sign for me. New manager frowns upon me if I work from home 1 day a week. Everyone is allowed to work from one once a week. Very anal and keeps a close eye on me. I am a professional and deliver projects on time. Manager is very intimidating and upper management does not care. I have started looking around elsewhere. Used to be nice and fun environment to work in.

Loosen up a bit. You guys are letting good talent get away!

The company stresses on-time product release with very little planning.

I worked at Model N

Pros

Weekly lunches and company meetings. Decent gym nearby.

Cons

Leadership was nonexistent. Supposedly followed Agile practices but product owners weren't often available and scrum masters weren't properly trained.

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Model N full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work culture, Scope to try out new ideas with in the old framework of their own. Better package for the fresher graduates compared to many others in Hyderabad.

Cons

No scope to introduce new technologies as the product is deeply coupled with their own framework. Not so good salary packages for the lateral joiners and no transparent pay check details.

Technically, Try to introduce new technologies like Hadoop which is very essential in the customer environments to analyse their own data in many ways. Try to change the front end to incorporate HTML5 and try removing flex. Similarly, in the back end, evaluate introducing hibernate.

On Management side, Be transparent in the package structure, bonus and stock options. Try to balance the package for freshers and laterals. There are instances in which, a four experienced drawing less than a fresher.

Quality Assurance Engineer

Former Employee - QAE in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - QAE in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Model N full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1.Good work life balance.
    2. Visibility

Cons

1.Constant firing
    2.Career progression is very difficult

Work on new products , you just can't rely on single product for long

Great company to work - need to up the compensation package

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Waltham, MA

I worked at Model N full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Companies uses latest technology stack for product development. Promotion policy is fair and work-life balance is reasonable

Cons

Pay was not up to the market standards

Good culture and challenging atmosphere one to take up and demonstrate, safety net helps for people to explore new stuff

I have been working at Model N full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Smart and talented employees with can do attitude. employees get to know company financials on quarterly basis which gives good insight into future growth, recognized as leader in Revenue Management, now offering Revenue Management Could Solutions. Impressive future road-map. Bonus, RSUs and ESPP program which are apart from the guaranteed salary.

Cons

Give opportunities to internal talent for next level positions rather than hiring laterally. Invent in building technical documentation for easy on-boarding of new hires.

product manager

I worked at Model N

Pros

very professional team of very experienced people.

Cons

nine-to-five culture. Every man for himself. Not a tech environment

Dynamic team with 'can-do' attitude.

Current Employee - QA Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

People are the asset of the company with strong executive team members. Flexible work hours for a work-life balance. Emphasis on the company core values and abiding by them. Has a long-term vision with corresponding short-term goals. We went through the worst times and I feel it is even stronger now.

Cons

Sometimes you will feel, you are not part of the decision making process. We build great Products, but sometimes I feel there is lack of long term vision for some of those Product. Management advocacy for off-hour working versus finishing it within working hours.

BETTER PLANNING. I feel there is a sense of urgency for everything we want to do. With better planning, we can deliver much more great Products and perhaps deliver more than what we do today, which I think is bit stressful.

Model N Photos