Modern Woodmen

Modern Woodmen of America: Touching lives. Securing Futures

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

The possibility for advancement are only limited by the amount of work that you are willing to put forth. If management is for you, than you have the best opportunity in the financial services industry to advance into management. The benefits package is amazing, there is an old-fashioned pension, which gives you an extra incentive to work hard.

Cons

If you are a person that is not good at time management, this job is not for you. Also if you are not good at keeping track of what you do, you could have problems. As you have no "boss" per-se, you need to keep careful watch of the time you use and don't use.

Keep being hands on, and make sure that you keep close watch on the reps that have been contracted for fewer than 6 months.

Great Career

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Unlimited growth opportunity, great benefit package.

Cons

You need to be very good at time management.

The sky is the limit

a wonderful experiance

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Freedom to set your own schedule and run your own business the way you wish. You are your own boss!

Cons

Compensation is not all that great but it's also a very hard position right now with the loss of jobs

Focus more on the financial planning for reps and less on insurance. Modern Woodmen is known as a life insurance company and not a financial services company.

a place were self motivated people excel.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

set own schedule, great income potential, a lot of motivators provided by the company, great training and assistance from co-workers and management.

Cons

Long nights, hard to get time off, and missing out on family time very frequently. Looking forward to establishing my buisness so I can enjoy myself a but more. Starting out is difficult but rewarding.

Awesome opportunity to help others.

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Great Fraternal Organization with benefits to help members prepare for financial security if they live, die, or quit working. Modern Woodmen provides both financial services and service opportunities for members.

Cons

Difficult to budget for a new agent as you learn to sell. Commissions from month to month can range between $0 to unlimited..

If there were anything I would do different, it would be to put more emphasis on building character of the agents and less on pushing for securities licensing. Also, promotions of family members should only be given on merit.

Good pay but poor training.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Good compensation when a sale was complete. Good benefits package once probationary period is up, and if you can make a career out of it the retirement pension is very good.

Cons

Extremely slow to ever recieve first pay check (I went about 3 months), management is often involved in their own sales so they dont have a lot of time to sit with new representatives and teach them how to sell themselves.

Over the top!!!

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Great place to work. The culture and leadership are better than I expected and the oppportunity for advancment is excellent. Building a business is not easy but with the training and assistance from management it is easier. The trips are Great and free. Can't beat that. Going to Maui next month!!

Cons

It will take a while to grow your business. Long hard days the first few years. Sometimes the money is lean but the good times far outweigh the negative

The systems are great just make sure that all new reps follow them the first few years. More training in the securities area would help but not our priority

It is a very personally rewarding job because you are helping others achieve their goals financially.

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

You get to start business relationships with new people and usually develop a close friendship with them after a little while. Furthermore, if you work harder than others you will literally get paid for it because there is absolutely no salary cap on how much money you can make

Cons

You have to deal with people in regard to their personal finances which can be a sensitive topic sometimes.

We must make sure all new agents have an intimate understanding with our products before letting them go out on their own.

Hands down the best company to work for ever.

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Very generous with their pay. Recognition is awesome. My father has worked here for 40 years and will tell you the same thing. One of the best companies in the world in my opinion.

Cons

Lots of hours but worth it. Nothing else much negative to say...

Some of the best people to work with in the industry. I have great leadership and myself am going through the pathway to leadership....very rewarding

Pick your own hours, but translates to picking your own salary

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MN

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

-you decide when your hours are
    -unlimited income opportunities
    -good support staff

Cons

-training was subpar, had to learn how to do things on your own

offer more training to interns, they will end up being the future of your company