Modern Woodmen Reviews

Reset

a wonderful experiance

Current Employee - Financial Representative
    Current Employee - Financial Representative

Pros

Freedom to set your own schedule and run your own business the way you wish. You are your own boss!

Cons

Compensation is not all that great but it's also a very hard position right now with the loss of jobs

Advice to Management

Focus more on the financial planning for reps and less on insurance. Modern Woodmen is known as a life insurance company and not a financial services company.

If you are attracted to this field of work there is no better place to build from then Modern Woodmen.

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

Pros

MWA is a Fraternal organization with terrific customer loyalty. They have a very solid training program. Their benefits are terrific, especially their health insurance program.

Cons

You are paid on by commission, which, for the self-motivated, is actually a plus. It is a big consideration for most folks and should not be taken lightly.

Modern Woodmen of America: Touching lives. Securing Futures

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Tacoma, WA

Pros

The possibility for advancement are only limited by the amount of work that you are willing to put forth. If management is for you, than you have the best opportunity in the financial services industry to advance into management. The benefits package is amazing, there is an old-fashioned pension, which gives you an extra incentive to work hard.

Cons

If you are a person that is not good at time management, this job is not for you. Also if you are not good at keeping track of what you do, you could have problems. As you have no "boss" per-se, you need to keep careful watch of the time you use and don't use.

Advice to Management

Keep being hands on, and make sure that you keep close watch on the reps that have been contracted for fewer than 6 months.

5. a place were self motivated people excel.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

set own schedule, great income potential, a lot of motivators provided by the company, great training and assistance from co-workers and management.

Cons

Long nights, hard to get time off, and missing out on family time very frequently. Looking forward to establishing my buisness so I can enjoy myself a but more. Starting out is difficult but rewarding.

Pick your own hours, but translates to picking your own salary

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MN

Pros

-you decide when your hours are -unlimited income opportunities -good support staff

Cons

-training was subpar, had to learn how to do things on your own

Advice to Management

offer more training to interns, they will end up being the future of your company

Best organization to work for

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Great to build relationships with clients and co-workers. Success falls on one's own shoulders. No one can cap my income. Gave me the tools to succeed. Has great training program and benefits as compared to other companies in the area. That fact that MWA is a fraternal organization is awesome.

Cons

Hard to get started. You have to use own money for necessary business expenses. Takes awhile to be officially appointed with MWA.

Advice to Management

Be quicker on new technology.

8. Opportunity of a life time

Current Employee - FIN in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - FIN in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Modern Woodmen rewards good, honest, intelligent effort. I was tired of working for organizations who took advantage of the value that I brought to their business. With Modern Woodmen, I have a great opportunity to better my community, help my clients, and be paid what I am worth. In addition, Modern Woodmen has given me all the tools and training that I need to run a successful business. Having been exposed to several advisors in other regions and the staff at the Home Office, Modern Woodmen is truly an organization that lives up to the high character I expect out of an employer.

Cons

Good, honest, intelligent effort is hard to identify. It is a fact that this career path is not for everyone. Within the first few months, our advisors are personally challenged. How one responds to that challenge says a lot about an individual. Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to take that first step.

Advice to Management

Who you attract is not determined by what you want, but determined by who you are. Continue to lead with integrity, character, and energy.

9. Genuine people centered around genuine core values

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very rewarding. Amount of effort put in equals the amount of rewards you reap. No salary cap, great benefits, very caring colleagues. There is always someone willing to lend a hand to help. Genuine people that truly believe in the company's core values and principles. Work environment is very different, but positive and motivating, compared to traditional companies. Teaches you to be approachable, but also how to effectively communicate with others. Very flexible schedule; you set your own.

Cons

Hard when first starting to build your network and business. Initial out-of-pocket expenses may be higher. Business expense tax write-off only counts for the following year. Lots of travel is involved. Must set own appointments.

Advice to Management

For managing-partners, stay supportive to your own representatives. For regional directors, stay supportive and offer words of encouragement to those who work under you. Always work as a team and share experiences to help each other.

Fraternal Benefits for members outstanding

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great support form everyone, the support we receive to give back to communities is awesome. Technology is up and coming, lap top with everything needed.....so much more

Cons

No financial support until you receive your license and become an active agent. Need several successful appointments to qualify for Financial support every month.

Advice to Management

Once agent passes exam and finger printing Modern Woodmen should really give at least a couple grand to agents to help for at least first 6 months, and training should be done at home office as soon as we are licensed not months later. It would really make a huge difference.

11. Financial representative

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid based on how hard you work. Benefits are out of this World. I have a pension and they pay for all of my health insurance. I get to give the companies money to the communty as a way to advertise myself. Unbeatable products.

Cons

You get paid for how hard you work. nowhere to hide. takes someone who really wants to be successful, not just do “ok”

RSS Feed </> Embed