Modine Manufacturing

Be The First To
Add Photos

Modine Manufacturing President, CEO, and Director Tom Burke

Tom Burke

I worked to support the marketing and sales teams

ProsNice company to grow with. Focused on innovation and industry leadership. Everyone is very nice, great morale.

ConsBuilding is hot during the summer.

Stable organization

Administration (Former Employee) Ringwood, IL

ProsCompany emphasizes continuous improvement from the top down. Hard working employees

ConsPay is OK, but on the low side compared to other companies. Company also needs to understand its markets better. While products out perform competitor's products, the customer is unwilling to pay for that perform, thus causing Modine to lose out on business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to over-engineer products and try not re-invent the wheel each time a new product comes along and see if there is something already produced that could be changed to meet the customer requirements.

Old-school Manufacturing Company

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Racine, WI

ProsModine is definitely one of the industry leaders in their field of heat management. They are technically very well-positioned to maintain that status with their testing capabilities, engineering resources, etc.
    They seem to promote from within quite well, which allows them to keep top talent for the long term.
    Good opportunities for training and traveling to manufacturing plants for career advancement.

ConsLike many companies that think of themselves as industry leaders, I think Modine has a bit of a blind spot in terms of thinking their way is the right way. This may be changing, but there are a lot of long-time employees who have not worked anywhere but Modine and that seemed to set the tone for the corporate mindset and overly conservative corporate culture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Leader in Thermal Management with Conservative Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsModine has been a technical leader in it's product segment of thermal management solutions
    Good teamwork culture and colleagues are willing to support each other
    Global manufacturing footprint makes it competitive with global customers
    Senior leadership is strong and are easy to interact with

ConsConservative culture where outside the box thinking is difficult to conduct
    Lot of "Modine lifers" within the company who are somewhat stuck in the past and unwilling to change
    Location of corporate HQ in Racine, Wisconsin is not a very attractive place

Advice to Senior ManagementMake bringing more diversity within the Racine HQ and major priority
    The culture right now is too much in the past led my white, Midwest Engineers

It was alright

Laborer (Former Employee) Buena Vista, VA

ProsGood pay, work isn't to hard, opportunities to get overtime, etc.

ConsNot well organized. Most bosses aren't qualified.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire outside help, people with management qualifications/experience.

Great company to work for.

Lab Technician (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsEver since day 1 of working at Modine I have yet to hear a negative comment about the company.

ConsThe down turn of the economy hit Modine hard so they did have to cut back a bit on the benefits but things are looking up.

Mechanical Engineering Co-op Powertrain Cooling Product Development

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsThe environment is amazing! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Everyone calls each other by first name. There is a lot of hands on work. It is a great working experience.

ConsI am not a fan of the location. It is a 20 minute drive from the freeway. I also do not really like Racine.

This was a great place to work

Product Engineer (Former Employee) Racine, WI

ProsWell defined rolls, good mentors, room for advancement. Professional and fun environment. Interesting work.

ConsLarge corporate organization. No locations in the western united states.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen a factory in Colorado.

Great experience. I learned more here than I ever could have in school.

Operations Management Intern (Current Employee) Washington, IA

Pros- Great supervisors (very easy to get along with)
    - No micromanaging (gave you a task and let you complete however you felt best)
    - Great coworkers ( everyone was very nice and helped me get whatever I needed)

Cons- I really cant think of a single con

Advice to Senior Management- Keep doing what you're doing!

Unexpectedly awesome

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Racine, WI

Pros-Intelligent executives
    -Easy-going employees
    -Good benefits (health insurance a little costly, but typical for current market)
    -Longevity amongst employees the best I've ever seen
    -Company paid shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day

Cons-In downtown Racine, so very tough to commute from outside Racine/Kenosha counties
    -Some ares of the company slow down at certain times of the year

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Great job!!

Worked for Modine Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!