Modis

Modis Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Modis President Jack Cullen

Jack Cullen

Pros:
  • "Very competitive commission structure"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Good training, good income potential, decent benefits package"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Good ol' boys club with very few woman in management roles - lots of politics and favoritism"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Completely hypocritical senior management"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Professional firm that can elevate your career with the top companies in the city.

PC Technician (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Modis as a contractor for less than a year

ProsNice folks to work with. They give you excellent support.

ConsSlightly typical management style for the IT industry.

Very desperate company attempting to fill too many shoes

Scrum Master (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at Modis as a contractor for less than a year

ProsFlexible but should focus more on building long term relationships, not corralling talent

ConsNot very forthcoming with issues with clients and very desperate in communications and phone calls...hard to get them to settle and focus

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Omaha office needs serious help, the lack of maturity is obvious to those of us that have experience

Would never recommend…ever.

IT Project Manager (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Modis as a contractor for more than a year

ProsNone, and I mean none at all. It was nice to be paid weekly, but most contract firms offer that option also.

ConsMODIS completely misrepresented the position I previously held, and lead me to believe I should take a much lower rate. This resulted in them peeling over 50% of the rate the company was paying. $70/hr bill rate, and they said the max pay was $30/hr. You do the math. They then lied about it. I was also promised a raise after 6 months, which was also a lie. The company ended up strong arming MODIS just to keep me around, and they cut ties with MODIS when they found how much they were taking off the top. I would never, ever work for them again… and suggest others do the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimple: Stop misrepesenting your clients, and stop lying about rates.

Dysfunctional company overall

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Modis full-time for more than a year

ProsSome really smart, good people - a few long-tenured employees

ConsGood ol' boys club with very few woman in management roles - lots of politics and favoritism. Difficult place for new people to have an equal chance to succeed - very Uneven playing field.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the "cons" listed above

The experience was pleasant and non-stressful.

Win 7 Migration Technician (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Modis as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey treat their employees well and with respect.

ConsI have no negative words except that they did not call me for further employment.

Poor Representation

I have been working at Modis as a contractor

ProsThe pay is competitive only if you negotiate an increase due to the poor benefits offered.

ConsTheir recruiters have no appreciation for the positions they staff. This leads to misrepresentation of the job to candidates. After dealing with this company on several occasions over 10 years, they have consistently oversold positions to me. I was not treated as a professional and they were more interested in making money than representing me.

Great People to work with

I have been working at Modis as a contractor

ProsIT Staffing Firm. Up to date on latest trends and technologies

ConsNot any Cons working for MODIS but working as a temp may not be for everybody

Toxic Work Environment

Resource Development Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Modis full-time

ProsTrainer. Free coffee. Free hand sanitizer. Running water. Electricity.

Cons- management
- stick driven "metrics first, customer service second" environment
- management + office conduct resulting in HR violations longer than Santa's naughty list
- lack of consistency from the top down
- absence of an empowering company culture
- business model lacks sophistication
- poor business development practices
- poor recruiting practices
- touts being "proactive" yet cultivates a highly reactive work environment
- fragmented office culture created by duplicitous and combative personality types
- "aggressive commission structure" pays off when the clients actually pay their bills otherwise be prepared to see a minute fraction of your commission
- if you strive to earn a base that's below market value and live by short term wins and long term loses then you might be very pleased with Modis

Advice to Senior ManagementIf high turnover and unprofessional teams (if you can call it that) are satisfactory then carry on! You're doing everything right.

Staffing

I have been working at Modis

ProsSolid company, backed by Adecco. President is very interested in each person. Strong national accounts. Culture dependent on individual branch. Strong comp plans.

ConsFairly political, extremely metrics driven, culture directly impacted by local manager. Fairly high turnover, but to be expected in any sales environment.

Great company with very good, dedicated recruiters.

Technical Writer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Modis as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI had a chance to be represented by Modis last year for a technical writing position for en eBay company. My recruiter was AnnMarie Aceret. The process, from her initial call to arranging the client interviews went smoothly. I gave her exactly what she asked for and she did her part. She was focused, perceptive, and always returned my calls and followed up with me. I never met AnnMarie. For the interviews and for my first day of work, her colleague (account manager?), Nate came to meet me. The first day meeting was not necessary, but it was a nice gesture.

ConsI have no input for this field.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Keep and reward your dedicated staff.

Worked for Modis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Modis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Modis CEO Jack Cullen. All 132 reviews posted anonymously by Modis employees.