Modis International

Updated July 8, 2014
2.5

Modis International President Jack Cullen
Jack Cullen

If you want to make money...

Current Employee - Resource Development Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Resource Development Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Modis International

Pros

If you are looking for a recruiting role in the technology space there are not many other places that would offer a better way to make well into the six figures.

Cons

The staffing business is a tough way to make a living, so if your goals don't include making a LOT of money a corporate recruiting job is the way to go.

As long as you take care of your top producers you'll continue to see the same level off success that has be achieved in the past.

Run, Don't Walk!

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Modis International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Wage is fair, if you don't need insurance.
    A few online tools to promote self-directed learning
    Online payroll tool works fair

Cons

Lack of support after turning you over to a client
    Lack of recruiter professionalism
    No follow through for transition
    Benefits are nearly non-supported

Get input from your employees on the ground. Keep an eye on your recruiters...they may make the difference between a good employee staying or sharing the experience elsewhere. Provide a career plan or path.

Contractor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Modis International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I earn very good money.

Cons

They are more concerned about the money you generate for them on the job than they are in helping you in any shape or form if the company decides to outsource and you are left wondering if you will have a job. They will not return emails or give you any sort of idea what's happening. They weren't truthful in when I started as to what I would be doing. My job is not what I was told I would be doing. It's a joke.

You could easily keep good consultants if you actually invested time in keeping them around rather than watching your bank account fill up and then they disappear.

Ok place for a contractor

I have been working at Modis International

Pros

They pay well for the position.

Cons

There is almost no communication between the contractors in the field and the office that is supposed to support them.

Worse experience ever

Current Employee - Sales Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Modis International

Pros

your colleagues. thats it........thats it.....

Cons

Where do I start? I lasted a few months.New to the business.
    My targets: get 100 contacts on linkedin per week.Enter into the database 360 new companies + contact persons within 1 month and call them all and then call them again every 4-6 weeks. Invent myself a job and call candidates offering it to them. Min time in the office 8.30am -6.30pm. Lunch was allowed but not recommended. During this few months 2 people were fired and 2 left (team of 7 people in total upon my arrival). Primitive old school training that did not bring anything i did not know. Basically it was a call center job. What amazed me was that Modis has supposedly been in Europe for about 20 years yet nobody has ever heard about them and there is no business coming back!
    I do not recommend to anybody.

Change the job title from Sales Recruitment Consultant to call center agent.

Great place, good people!

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Modis International

Pros

The upper level management teams and the team members were the best part of working here. Everyone was very supportive of each other and the working environment, while fast paced and strongly metrics based, was always fun and inclusive.

Cons

They were working towards standardizing processes while I was working there, that was the biggest concern. Some of the offices were not all on the same page but there were steps being taken to fix those issues.

Management changes at the branch level create a sense of instability. Stronger, more stable managers mean a stronger, more stable workforce - the environment is healthy when management is consistent.

Great company with a positive direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Modis International

Pros

Reputable, financially stable, positive forward-thinking leaders, good support structure, excellent training, impressive rewards for consistent performers, sales competitions, recognition

Cons

Could communicate success stories better internally, brand awareness can improve through marketing

Better salary reviews in line with a structured appraisal review each year