Modis Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
210 reviews filtered by
Modis President Jack Cullen
Jack Cullen

Pros
  • You have the opportunity to make a lot of money-the commission plan is one of the best in the industry (in 5 reviews)

• Commission structure seemed strong (although I only know about 4 or 5 companies comm (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Good ol' boys club with very few woman in management roles - lots of politics and favoritism (in 8 reviews)

• Modis does not allow for a work life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. Great company, great people.

Former Employee - Resource Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Resource Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Modis

Pros

Great company from the President down. Jeff, the Managing Director of the Phoenix office is a great guy to work for. The sales and recruiting teams work together well, very team oriented environment. I have worked for a few IT staffing companies and this is far and above my best experience.

Cons

Office located in central Phoenix so depending on traffic it can be a decent commute.

2. Recruiter

Current Employee - Resource Development Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Resource Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Modis

Pros

Awesome team and encouraging managers. Excellent environment to work in and thrive.

Cons

None that I know of.

3. Great place to work.

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Modis

Pros

Meet people with all sorts of backgrounds in IT. Pay is good and Modis will do their best to get you a competitive wage.

Cons

Some people obviously lie on their resumes and you have to do their work as well.

Keep the pay and atmosphere the same but a better quality check of prospective employees would be nice.

5. Good contract labor company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Modis

Pros

Let you do your work as a professional.

Cons

Temporary service provider with little or no guidance

Entry level experience

Current Employee - Resource Development Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Resource Development Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Modis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good entry level work experience. The employees are nice and they do company events sometimes. They celebrate success and people are driven.

Cons

There is high turnover, there are long hours but I think that has changed and not everyone is ethical.

To provide better training and to encourage people.

7. Ask to see the Great Place to Work survey results

I worked at Modis

Pros

Electricity, heat, free coffee, free parking

Cons

Micromanagement, back biting, favoritism, lack of integrity in business dealings with employees, consultants, clients. A word of really good advice: before you join Modis, ask to see the FULL Great Place to Work Survey results. Make sure you see the details that represent the branch, region or function your are considering employment with. RED FLAG if the hiring manager will not provide it or provides only the sanitized corporate results.

Adecco knows what it needs to do -- change out the leadership team. 1% YOY does not get it done.

8. Thus far the recruiter to the hiring manager all seem very nice and personal in the level of assistance in placement.

Current Employee - IT Analyst
    Current Employee - IT Analyst

I have been working at Modis

Pros

One of the things that I enjoy are follow up e-mails and phone call on how my satisfaction is with the current job placement I'm at.

Cons

I don't have any at the moment, still fairly new here.

Have some sort of incentive program for meeting or exceeding certain level of expectations.

Modis San Jose, CA is not a good place to work.

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Modis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong commission potential - horrible base salary and commissions are never realized because the business volume is low and turnover is out of control.

Cons

The company is riddled with below average results and high turnover. The company is not executing and building successful businesses and teams.
    If you can find the earnings specifically for Modis (Not Adecco, and not Adecco Engineering and IT) you will see that Modis is not performing and that Modis is well below industry averages at the time of this review. This is because most of the offices have outlandishly high turnover.
    In San Jose I specifically saw employees treated disrespectfully in front of their peers. It is no wonder I saw 75% of the recruiters and BDMS leave within 6 months.

Clean House - Simply put... the reason your turnover is so high is because people do not like working here because they are not treated well and they cannot make money
    Without change nothing changes. Simply said people are leaving because of the people they work for..nothing else.

10. Great environment but a little disorganized; room for growth but overall fantastic opportunity!

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Modis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great national support system as well as work-life balance as a priority. Company values it's employees and cares about personal success in addition to company growth. Lots of great relationships within the organization and significant client-base nationally

Cons

Could improve in regards to training. Would really need a background in the field already to come in and be successful quickly. Also could use some more resources in regards to recruiters for bandwidth in supporting the workload so that the organization can take on more clients and positions.

Implement a strong training program to support and enforce skills, knowledge and expertise in this field and additionally have continued training opportunities. Also, add some more recruiters so that the local offices can continue to grow and branch out to new regions and clients

11. Modis in Columbus, Ohio is a very good company to work with.

Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Modis as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

They are working the Columbus job market very well.

Cons

They work with a lot of consultants, so everybody doesn't know your name, but that's to be expected when they are doing so much business.