Modis

Modis Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Modis President Jack Cullen

Jack Cullen

Pros:
  • "Good (not great) pay, nice people to work with, decent benefits (if you qualify), very flexible"
    in 4 reviews
  • "High income potential if you're really good"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Good ol' boys club with very few woman in management roles - lots of politics and favoritism"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Completely hypocritical senior management"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Modis was a great stepping stone.

Technical Writer (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsOffers temp to hire positions.

ConsNo cons to report about Modis

It has been an awesome 6-year ride....

Sales Director (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsIncredible Branch, Regional, and Executive Management team, higher than industry wages, fantastic AZ location, and a great AZ and Regional Team environment. Part of the largest staffing company in the world -- but feels like one big "family".

Can-do attitudes, senior management support, and adherence to ethical and professional recruitment and placements.

It's a GREAT company.

A FANTASTIC West Region.

An AMAZING Phoenix office!!!!

ConsNone that aren't inherent in the overall staffing marketplace. Modis faces the same challenges that every IT Staffing organization faces. Staffing is not easy...and long-term success requires dedication, hard work, and high moral/ethical standards.

Pro and Con:
    Modis appreciates and rewards employees that adhere to it's policies of "customer first"...and "building exceptional connections". Modis also mandates effort, accountability, and professionalism across its entire business.

But, for those not willing to live up to Modis' standards, Modis can be a cold and lonely place.

Modis does not tolerate the fool. At least not for long.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work -- and "don't stop believing"...

Expectations for the AZ Branch are high. Exceed them!

And keep making exceptional connections. Each and every day! :>)

Delivery Manager

IT Infrastructure Consultant (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsCompany has many good client contacts and can place their consultants and my overall experience was great.
    Modis has great people and recruiters.

ConsI think Modis is a bit dis-jointed (silos) in terms of their organizations structure. (e.g. - many offices in many locations if you are placed by a remote office, the local office cannot place you locally) . It is like being rehired as a new consultant.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage the consulting resources across the entire enterprise, not just one client engagement they may be owned by a remote office to your locale.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Contracting at a company in Boston

Desktop Support (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsAt the job site, there is an opportunity to learn quite a bit about IT

ConsI got a paycut in less than a year working for Modis. I have been at the job site for over 6 years and I still have not gotten to my original salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your contractors. If we were doing a bad job, we would have been gone already. We are not making a salary equal to our experience and expertise.

They are your best friend until you get placed

IT Consultant (Former Employee)
    Ann Arbor, MI

ProsVery energetic recruiters. Fair compensation for contract work. Very quick approval of time.

ConsYou are like the red headed stepchild once you are placed. It is up to YOU to negotiate an extension of the contract as requiters will not help in any way. Once contract is over, you are forgotten and may get one phone call, that is it. They do not try to place you with another contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget that the contractors are your core business and should be treated as such.

No problems. Was hired on permanently at the client.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTemp company. Part of Adecco.

ConsWith direct deposit they do not provide a pay statement listing hours worked, deductions, etc.

Shockingly unprofessional recruiting policies

ProsNone that I could tell straight off

ConsI am a senior level communications professional. The recruiter who contacted me from the Cincinnati office demanded that I appear on Skype for a face-to-face interview with her personally before she would represent me to the client. She refused to allow me to go to my local Modis office in Knoxville and she refused to drive to the Knoxville office to interview me. I had to appear on Skype or Face Time or she would not represent me to the client period. I found this extremely unprofessional and bordering on discrimination. I predict a firestorm of discrimination lawsuits for this company if they do not change this shocking requirement.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst of all, learn to treat talented, experienced candidates with *respect*. Court them. We are your bread and butter. Second, hire yourselves a corporate attorney and consult with him or her before implementing recruiting policies that will likely land you in court. You are putting morons in charge who are placing your company at risk.

Great place to work. Get your own benefits

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsExceptional support staff in Dallas/Fort Worth. Great client. I have no complaints about the Modis people from the Account Manager to the phone support people. This is by far the nest consulting experience I've ever had.

ConsThe benefits are horrible. That's not really Modis at fault I think as Obamacare screwed everyone with a job. It's the only drawback to this excellent experience. I will drop their coverage and purchase my own when as soon as I can.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and thank you for the opportunity.

Underpaid, Overworked, Childlike Envrrionment

National Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsGood way to get foot in the door for staffing industry.

ConsLowest base salary of all staffing agencies in the Denver area. Too many changes with no room for advancement. Very metrics oriented even though they lie in interviews and say they are not cut throat. Phone report log sent to entire company every day, as well as sales numbers. Very discouraging place with few quality team leaders

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the base salaries so the team members stop leaving to every other recruiting agency in the area

Working with Modis was great

Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsPay was $15 per hour and paid every week, Modis had meet and greets for employees, and recruiters would take you to lunch every couple of months to see haw things were going.

ConsI don't have anything bad to say about company.

Worked for Modis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Modis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Modis CEO Jack Cullen. All 151 reviews posted anonymously by Modis employees.