Modis

Modis Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Modis President Jack Cullen

Jack Cullen

Pros
  • Very competitive commission structure(in 5 reviews)

• Good (not great) pay, nice people to work with, decent benefits (if you qualify), very flexible(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Good ol' boys club with very few woman in management roles - lots of politics and favoritism(in 8 reviews)

• Completely hypocritical senior management(in 6 reviews)

fantastic place to work!

Proscontrary to other reviews, senior leadership does nothing but meet all day on how to move the business and people forward. Since joining Modis 1 year ago, the company and this branch has undergone explosive growth - and in doing so, has rewarded and acknowledged that it is ALL due to the people working for them.

Consnone that I can think of. People will always find something negative - that just gives management suggestions to fix.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to show appreciation to employees. continue to provide training to the entire team. continue to help us grow!!

Great professional stepping stone.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI absolutely love working for the SF Modis office. I feel that I have the support by my management that I need to be successful on a not only a personal level but on a team and group level as well. Though this is a large, corporate company, I feel that my VP Wyatt Hall has the autonomy over decisions within our split offices. We have a team structure in my office which works well for such a large office with over 40 employees under just 1 VP, 1 Sales Director and 1 Director of Delivery. I've learned skills to be a great recruiter and feel the sky is the limit with regards to my opportunity here at Modis. I love that we do competitions in the office to keep the work exciting and that we have team events like sports games, BBQs, etc.

ConsWe are a very large office so sometimes it's challenging to please everyone. However I think that our management does a great job to accommodate to each person's individual needs.

Manager

Managing Director (Current Employee)

ProsBest of the big IT Staffing firms. Great management & the best commission structure around.

ConsBig company policies sometimes change quickly and often but that happens will all big companies

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the sales & recruiting staff - understand that they are the ones out in the field and have a pulse on the clients and candidates needs. Plus any type of internal system changes also need input from the users.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Placing Agency

ProsRecruiter works with you to match positions with your skills. They have contract, direct to hire, and permanent positions.

ConsNone at the moment. Will fill out more when I have more experience with the company

It has been an awesome 6-year ride....

Sales Director (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIncredible Branch, Regional, and Executive Management team, higher than industry wages, fantastic AZ location, and a great AZ and Regional Team environment. Part of the largest staffing company in the world -- but feels like one big "family".

Can-do attitudes, senior management support, and adherence to ethical and professional recruitment and placements.

It's a GREAT company.

A FANTASTIC West Region.

An AMAZING Phoenix office!!!!

ConsNone that aren't inherent in the overall staffing marketplace. Modis faces the same challenges that every IT Staffing organization faces. Staffing is not easy...and long-term success requires dedication, hard work, and high moral/ethical standards.

Pro and Con:
    Modis appreciates and rewards employees that adhere to it's policies of "customer first"...and "building exceptional connections". Modis also mandates effort, accountability, and professionalism across its entire business.

But, for those not willing to live up to Modis' standards, Modis can be a cold and lonely place.

Modis does not tolerate the fool. At least not for long.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work -- and "don't stop believing"...

Expectations for the AZ Branch are high. Exceed them!

And keep making exceptional connections. Each and every day! :>)

they mean well, but

Prosflexible, team focused work environment

Consmicromanagement, lack of meaningful training, little growth

Modis was a great stepping stone.

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOffers temp to hire positions.

ConsNo cons to report about Modis

Contracting at a company in Boston

Desktop Support (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsAt the job site, there is an opportunity to learn quite a bit about IT

ConsI got a paycut in less than a year working for Modis. I have been at the job site for over 6 years and I still have not gotten to my original salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your contractors. If we were doing a bad job, we would have been gone already. We are not making a salary equal to our experience and expertise.

Delivery Manager

IT Infrastructure Consultant (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsCompany has many good client contacts and can place their consultants and my overall experience was great.
    Modis has great people and recruiters.

ConsI think Modis is a bit dis-jointed (silos) in terms of their organizations structure. (e.g. - many offices in many locations if you are placed by a remote office, the local office cannot place you locally) . It is like being rehired as a new consultant.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage the consulting resources across the entire enterprise, not just one client engagement they may be owned by a remote office to your locale.

They are your best friend until you get placed

IT Consultant (Former Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsVery energetic recruiters. Fair compensation for contract work. Very quick approval of time.

ConsYou are like the red headed stepchild once you are placed. It is up to YOU to negotiate an extension of the contract as requiters will not help in any way. Once contract is over, you are forgotten and may get one phone call, that is it. They do not try to place you with another contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget that the contractors are your core business and should be treated as such.

Worked for Modis? Contribute to the Community!