Modis Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

At least it was a steady paycheck.

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Modis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young energetic crowd, most of the office were in their 20s Met some amazing people Constant free snacks Monthly team building events - Rockies games, laser tag, ect. Good benefits Good work life balance very rarely in the office past 430 Good way to get your foot in the door in the recruiting industry

Cons

The peripherals I mentioned earlier are awesome. Everything related to the job itself was a bad experience. Politics and favoritism will drive top talent away quickly So will low pay - between those 2 factors there's a reason why turnover was at 89% last year and it shows no signs of slowing up Training could have been better. They're at least taking steps to address that. Not all accounts are created equal- Modis is a tier 2 vendor for some clients which is a fancy way of saying that we'd get jobs to fill after they've been out for at least a month and several other vendors as well as local branches sucked the market dry. Good luck getting a placement in those circumstances. There was one account where no one on the team got a single hire for 5 months strait. Management prefers quantity over quality - get your subs in or else, doesn't matter if they're qualified or not. No concern with the whys behind the whats. Questionable/ varying levels of integrity - one client told us they would only take clients named "John" or "Bill" but not "Rajesh" or "Bashir". I'll let you draw your own conclusions, I'm more concerned with why they're still a client. At one point a teammate and I were also told to lie to our BDM regarding our workload and focus on the account. I honestly almost wanted to quit recruiting after working here.

Advice to Management

In short treat your employees like people with varying challenges instead of cogs in a machine. Cut accounts that are obviously useless instead of forcing recruiters to work jobs that you know they're not going to get placements on. Demand impartiality and integrity from leadership.

Worst Recruitment Agency to work for in Toronto

I worked at Modis full-time

Pros

Nothing is promising about this place, everything is going downhill

Cons

Was promised so much when I hired, nothing happened.

Advice to Management

Please get rid of the Managing Director, horrible person to work for

Business Development Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Modis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team to work with, fun group.

Cons

Local manager lacked leadership experience. In time he should grow into a capable leader, this will only happed if he has proper guidance.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team. Waste of I year of life...

Good People Poor Leadership-overall a decent place to work

I worked at Modis full-time

Pros

Good Culture, Decent Pay, Nice office space

Cons

Very little training provided, poor leadership and managment

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Take the time to train the people you hire

Consultant

Former Employee - Project Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Project Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Modis (More than a year)

Pros

It seems, contracts pay great money!

Cons

Lack luster communication and support...they are only about getting the contract.

L2 CSR Case Review, Excel Advanced Skills, Power Point

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

Long term contract extended to end of project

Cons

Recruiter lack of communication, involvement,

Okay

Former Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Modis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ttype of job assigned was good. They do stay to give an overtime rate, which the offshore company never state.

Cons

Was hired they forget about. If you ask for a raise they never say they will give, only we got check our margins ... right!! You have to push the elephant to get you a new position, or your get dump to clean up your self man ...

Advice to Management

It the people that made you good on the employment seen, don't forget to follow through with each one. Love them has thy self.

One of the better staffing companies

Current Employee - Resource Development Manager/IT Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Resource Development Manager/IT Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Modis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people Great location Somewhat of a relaxed environment

Cons

Extreme pressure Favoritism Commission plan is a bit messed up

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees Improve training to make your employees the best they can be.

What a nightmare

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at Modis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Non that I can think of.

Cons

No career path, if hired as a sales person or recruiter expect to live in that position indefinitely. They are loosing to the comp and have drastically changed the culture. Expect extreme micromanagement to the point management spends 1/2 their day reviewing and analyzing your phone activity, twice daily boiler room type "huddle" meetings/beat downs, one on ones that are designed to show you how much you don't know even after you have 10 years of industry experience and earned Modis north of $20 million in revenues. After winning countless new clients you may learn the hardway that some companies like Modis have no problem allowing managers to strip top performes of their very own clients after years of relationship building to prop up those they hired into the company that aren't performing. They will take business from one and give to another in desperate attempts to look like they are making the right hires. Sr Management is so far removed the local managent can get away with business practices like this which says a lot about the company. This is why top producers are overlooked so often because those doing the company's bidding are no more than a number on a spreadsheet. Turnover is so constant your team is changing every 3 to 6 months and most look at eachother from a competitive point of view resulting in bad office politics to put it lightly. No fault to the employee, this is the company culture Modis fosters. It's freaking terrible. If you want a career, to be appreciated when busting your tail, not micromanaged and to be apart of something where you can have an impact vs a number on a spreadsheet run as fast as you can from Modis.

Advice to Management

Happy employees produce more. Why do you think you're loosing so many people, seasoned senior people so fast and getting killed by the comp. The restructuring of Sr Mgt was the right start, but unfortunately again you have put the wrong people with the wrong mentality in place and I feel strongly the last few years of trouble is going to continue and worsen until you restructure again with those who have the right perspective and values to lead.

Resource Development Manager

Former Employee - Resource Development Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Resource Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Modis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were great and Jack is a great CEO.

Cons

They don't invest in their people at all and don't care about company culture.

Advice to Management

Invest in people earlier and actually care about the morale in the office.

RSS Feed </> Embed