Modular Arts

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Donald Kaump

The Industrial Revolution is over!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProducts are cool, considering the ingredients and processes that goes into making it. Employees are really hard workers.

ConsEmployees all work their tales off, but do not and will not get rewarded for it! No such thing as raises and no such talk of your doing a good job. Production environment is pretty much like a sweat shop.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt may be time to look at management below CEO. Projects and product improvement seem to move at a snail like pace. Everyone seems to deliberately miss deadlines.
    Take some management training classes. Quit reading the HOW TO MANAGE IN 10 MINUTES
    MANUALS. They obviously do not work!

Do Not Work here!

ProsThere is Free Water to drink and Tables provided to eat on. Toilet Paper and Soap are always in stock. Free Parking. Every Single Employee is as Miserable as you so that Strengthens our Bond.

ConsDo NOT expect to get a Raise for Hard Work. There are People Working here that are making Same Wage as when they started 2 years Ago. Some People make more Money than the people Who Trained them. If you Ask for a Raise you'll Wait a Month for an Insulting Answer. Your Good Ideas are not welcome here. Everything here is Shady, management does not Share anything with staff Ever. One day You will suddenly Find Out there is No Work. Or you will Find Out that your job is moving to Another Location, you Find these Things out Through rumors and Never from Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour Employees are just as Precious as your Fancy machines, they are Just as Valuable as your Pretentious furnishings so you Should invest in them. Start off by getting to know our Names! Switching out Managers often doesn't Assure us that things are going to Change for the Better, invest in Management Training. I Feel as if I do Not have Access to Proper HR, or someone I can Trust to speak to. Alot of us Feel this way. It would not hurt to Emphasize on Safety or have Safety meetings, the place Really needs it.

Excellent opportunity to learn and push limits with a very progressive and competent company.

Designer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAutonomy. They create an environment where you are just expected to pretty much manage yourself, which I suppose is great for some and not others. But they do expect a pretty high degree of competence. Always there to answer questions or clarify things.

ConsYou won't be spoon fed there. Management is somewhat loose and they just want people that are good, without a lot of hand holding.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company atmosphere is chaotic while management is incompetent.

Robotic Machine Operator (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsOne of the best reasons to work for this company is the overtime, if you like to work more than 40 hours. Another reason is the product is revolutionary and has exciting potential into the future.

ConsTraining for the position is poor and was a problem then I was blamed and ridiculed. Management is egotistical and belligerent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some leadership training and treat the workers with respect and you will get the same in return.

run.

(Former Employee)

ProsWell, the workstations are cool. The product is cool. The interior of the billing/administrative/product development building is nice. I can't think of anything else, no joke. My co-workers were nice, talented people.

ConsBy far, the most toxic work environment in which I have ever had the misfortune to work. Management provides the most ineffective management in my experience, to date. They foster an environment of fear and inadequacy, and don't seem to believe in showing their employees very much respect or consideration, or indeed, any at all. Of all the people I worked with there, I am not aware of any who enjoyed working for ModularArts. Additionally, management brings a completely unprofessional dynamic to the work environment because of personal involvement, having what I can only describe as spats in front of staff. The entire office walks on eggshells to avoid incurring their wrath. If they could, I believe they would replace their employees with androids - they treat them as automatons and are offended and incredulous if their employees voice anything they perceive as dissent. The overarching philosophy there is that if people don't like the way things are done, they can leave. While this is certainly true, it provides zero incentive for people with any regard for themselves to stay. Expect to be belittled, humiliated, and undervalued at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with management experience. Hire a management consultant. Stop managing your employees, because it seems you are incapable of doing so effectively.

Worked for Modular Arts? Contribute to the Community!