Modus Hotels

Updated September 23, 2014
4.0

CEO

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Better than most but there's always room for improvement!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Modus Hotels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-Workers make the job easy , the pay is just about average for hotels in Downtown DC, there plenty of advancement opportunities. As an agent you are empowered to make decisions that best fit the situation , rather than feeling helpless. Everyone in any department is willing to share knowledge and encourage you to develop your skills. Managers are always present but never hovering.

Cons

Benefits are costly, even with employer contribution, pay is average, scheduling can be an issue it is always changing. Managers will sometimes play favorites with promotions.

Increase opportunities for employees who have impeccable history to advance. Not the old " While we like to promote from within , we really don't like to do so within the same property" Making sure that every front desk at every property has 2 persons on the evening shift instead of one would also be helpful.. Performance evaluations should be done in a timely manner along with rate increases, this should be done automatically without prompting from the employee.

Fun work environment, professional leaders.

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Modus Hotels full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

We have the independence to run our departments as needed. There is not a lot of red tape, which is great for assertive leaders. There is a feeling of comradery among the team that I have never experienced in another hotel.

Cons

Upper management is spread thin

Communication could be improved