Moe's Southwest Grill Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014

3.6

Moe's Southwest Grill President Paul Damico
Paul Damico

Pros
  • Flexible with your hours, fast paced environment, friendly people (in 5 reviews)

• Usually free food while you work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of hours, minimum wage staff can make job stressful (in 5 reviews)

• Low wages, standard food service hours (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

good first job for high school students

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Portsmouth, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Portsmouth, VA

I worked at Moe's Southwest Grill full-time

Pros

The company itself is good. It's a laid back, friendly work environment. However, you're personal experience will vary from store to store because they all have different owners (franchise). Easy first job for high school students, or even college students on break. VERY flexible scheduling. I learned a lot as assistant manager, and have a great reference to put on my resume.

Cons

Not very many opportunities to grow (I got lucky and an opportunity arose for me to work my way up to assistant manager). The location I worked at paid very little for all staff (minimum wage for crew and 9/hour for assistant managers, which was not relative to the amount of work we did), but I've heard that other locations pay a little better.

The employees that show their dedication and desire to be a part of the company should be rewarded for their excellence and hard work. The lack of investment in your staff comes off as a lack of appreciation, and can be extremely discouraging. Rewarding excellence in the work place yields improved customer service, improved employee performance, and ultimately an increase in customer base and sales.

An interesting learning experience

I worked at Moe's Southwest Grill

Pros

The food, the company in general and the idea it is based on.

Cons

Promises unkept and too many hours with only minimal breaks which is illegal

None

As Expected

Former Employee - Crew Member/PrepCook/DeliveryDriver/Cashier/LineWorker/BurritoMaster  in  Kingston, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member/PrepCook/DeliveryDriver/Cashier/LineWorker/BurritoMaster in Kingston, NY

I worked at Moe's Southwest Grill full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job. One free meal with each shift.

Cons

No respect, horrible hours. greasy and gross. ran by children.

nothing to say. I was able to work alongside top management and i didn't get recognized as someone whom could expand their business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place!

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Moe's Southwest Grill full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is amazing, it is like we are a big family. We have fun every day. I have alot of responsibilities and tasks to complete daily but I have an amazing team that helps accomplish all tasks. I have 17 years of management experience but here I have actuallly been able to see the true ins and outs of running a business. I have a much better understanding of food costs, labor costs and how to balance both. I have and am continuing to develop and fine tune my management skills. My bosses the owners are very involved with the store unlike alot of business owners. We do alot of catering which is alot of fun.

Cons

The hourly pay and salary pay are way below average. That is the only bad thing about this company.

Find a way to increase employee pay

Stellar company...

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Viera, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Viera, FL

I worked at Moe's Southwest Grill full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great upper management, welcome to moes! as a franchise group is ROCK SOLID Steve and Brad are some of the best guys I've ever worked for. They allow relative autonomy for most of the GM's. Super supportive, great HR department, just all around a great team.

Cons

They allow relative autonomy, and for someone about to take the Area Supervisor position I wasn't interested in dealing with lazy, irresponsible satellite store GM's who were used to being 'king of their world'

Honestly as a GM there were zero Cons.

Keep a close eye on the ones furthest away from the nest.

Best job I've had out of the 5 total I've had.

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Carbondale, IL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Carbondale, IL

I have been working at Moe's Southwest Grill part-time for more than a year

Pros

I've had great coworkers, I love the food, and I love the customers that come in. My GM and Assistant manager are very understanding if I can't work.

Cons

Sometimes if you work at night, and you only get a 5 to Rush shift, you'll only get about 3 or 4 hours and depending on where you live, the difference of cost of gas used to how much you make isn't very much.

Not the best

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Moe's Southwest Grill part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get free queso all the time.

Cons

Lots of Young kids, creating lots of unnecessary drama and problems. Abuse staff.

Learn to treat the good employees good, not like the bad employees.

Moe's: great work environment, taught me to think on my feet and expand my ability to deal with customers face-to-face.

Former Employee - Line Cook/Prep  in  Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Line Cook/Prep in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Moe's Southwest Grill full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quality product, flexible schedule, employee food policies are generous, corporate is easy to work

Cons

Workforrce age is generally high school to early college. Food service industry.

First Job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moe's Southwest Grill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was fortunate to work with some great people, and my schedule was very flexible. It was insanely busy all of the time so it was draining yet entertaining.

Cons

With how busy it is it would make sense to take .5 or 1 percent of total profits and throw it into tips so that the busier you are the more you are rewarded. We relied on a tip jar and often worked very hard for a lot of very stingy people.

Team leader

I worked at Moe's Southwest Grill

Pros

flex work hours, discount on food

Cons

bad leadership, promised the world but nothing comes from it.

Worked for Moe's Southwest Grill? Contribute to the Community!