Moen

Be The First To
Add Photos

David B. Lingafelter

loved my job

Machine Shop (Former Employee)
    Sanford, NC

Prosovertime liked the people I worked with

Consworked there as temp. would liked to been hired full time.

Advice to Senior Managementhire more full time help.

Moen N Olmsted is a great place to work if you don't mind not getting a raise

Engineer (Current Employee)
    North Olmsted, OH

ProsCo-workers at the non-management level make it worth while to come into work everyday. Moen has made it a priority to hire the best talent with personalities to match the culture. The pay is competitive, bonus is very good if you are salaried employee. Health benefits are fair, a program that has three levels to choose from; i.e.: Gold, Silver, Bronze.

ConsWork load can be unbearable most of the time, very stressful to meet project deadlines. Executive management does not have have a clue as to what actually happens at this level. Most are ultra ego driven delegators, promoting themselves for selfish reasons like an office with a window, a company car, a significantly higher bonus, etc. The corporate pyramid seems to be upside down, heavily staffed with senior managers, directors, etc., especially in human resources.

The manufacturing plants located in North Carolina are stressed as well. Moen Sanford is less stressful, associates are very friendly. On the other hand, Moen New Bern is out of control, relationships between departments are strained, not a great work environment to be in. Salaried associates at both facilities struggle to keep production running smoothly, dealing with non-conforming material on a daily basis is a constant issue production has to handle.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure what to say, pulse surveys have been taken every year with no improvement.

Still good, but no longer great

North Olmsted, OH

ProsWork out facility, cafeteria on site, a lot of cross business meetings, great co-workers, opportunities to travel, learning opportunities, work schedule is somewhat flexible which is great with kids.
    GROWTH, a lot has changed in 6 years.

ConsPolitical - you should know someone high up before you join or you should befriend someone high up so you can be incompetent.
    Hard work and long hours are not valued.
    Like most large companies, you will be ranked. If you are not identified as someone to be groomed, your career will not go anywhere unless you can move up your ranking, which you will never see.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consumer Support

Product Specialist (Current Employee)
    North Olmsted, OH

ProsMoen offers an excellent Benefit and Compensation Package. There are also many opportunities for growth with their headquarters

ConsThe call center is charged with supporting customers and upholding the brand. Compared to other department, they are underpaid and under appreciated.

Inconsistencies, no clear direction

Operational Manager (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsSome of the best folks in the world to work with; very collaborative and creative. I worked in management so was given many opportunities for personal development and interaction with senior leaders. When given the opportunity to build your team and run with it, it could be the best place I've ever worked. I had a lot of fun and was able to create a fun, involve work team. I left because I felt there were not opportunities available to me beyond what I was doing.

ConsQuite cyclical in direction; Basically a white male driven culture; Who you know, etc.,; Culture states it values innovation and creativeness but don't color outside the "implied" lines or you'll be labeled as difficult or too direct. Must say everything nicely while behind your back, decisions are made about you and your career but no one has the fortitude to advise and provide feedback until its too late. Over tendency to micromanage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more women and minorities in positions other than HR or training; I worked in Operations and there wasn't any clear direction for long term plans other than to outsource but let's pretend we're not outsourcing. Be more truthful to the people who work for you at every level. They are smart enough to understand what is going on. We had a Sr. VP who actually encouraged infighting amongst his staff. Thought it built character. One change in management can change the whole culture or direction an organizational group is taking. David Lingafelter is a brilliant leader but he surrounds himself with white males. He promotes and values white males as they are the majority of the company. He's so engrossed in his business that I'm not sure he's aware of how it impacts others in the organization. He does have a woman HR manage on his staff but the real folks with real power are white males. David's knowledge of the business and his business acumen is second to none. It's too bad he's stuck in the halls of North Olmsted.

short

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    North Olmsted, OH

Prosgood company, gave great SAP training and product training

Consbad hours to start. I didn't like the 10-7 shift, didn't work well with the family life

Great People and Opportunities

Systems Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)
    North Olmsted, OH

ProsThe people are wonderful to work with and there is little to no drama in the organization. Everyone really works together well.

ConsIt's a really big company so it's hard to know everyone and sometimes, better candidates get passed over because they aren't as well-known.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp employees plan a little better with a career plan within the organization and give greater individual exposure.

A great place to work if you don't mind long hours

ProsMoen has really good benefits and decent insurance coverage. It is located in a nice area to work and live. We take pride in the quality of our product

ConsThe day starts at 530am so it's along day. The work force does not have the same work ethic as it did when I started many years ago. Many of the hourly associates feel that the world owes them something. Many of the older salaried associates feel that their hard work and dedication is taken for granted. Overtime is expected and the worrk/life balance is mostly work.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the work load increases and remains high, extra head count should be added. With the growth this company has seen, there is no reason to constantly have 10 hour days for hourly associates and 12-14 hour days for salaried associates.Taking a vacation day is just an invitation to extra work and stress when you return.When career openings occur, there is no real interest in promoting those who already understand the business and how it works. 'New blood' is brought in that only increases the work load for those who are already contributing to the success of the business.

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company with a lot of room for growth. A great variety of career opportunities.

ConsIt takes awhile to learn the ropes...More support from upper level management would be beneficial.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a bit more training for interns.

Stressed out employees, Unfair treatment, Good ole boy culture

Manufacturing (Former Employee)
    Sanford, NC

ProsDid have Good insurance and 401K plan;

ConsI worked at the Moen Sanford, NC locations for over 30 years. It was a good place to work for a number of years but has steadily gone down hill in the last few years. While I have always seen a touch of the "good ole boy" network in place, today, it is so much more pronounced..

There are a lot of cliques at Sanford which control the culture. Previously, you could stay under the radar of the cliques or those who wanted to use you as a stepping stone by being above average in doing your job, but now that is no defense. If someone in the "club" wants you out, then you may as well get out because nothing you do will ever be good enough. This is the direct result of the decline in a competent management staff over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to Moen for their Sanford facility would be to toss out the "good ole boy network"; clean house of your current management staff from top to bottom. Review your work processes and establish much needed new ones based on what is really being done. Good leadership has to happen throughout the top, then downward.

Worked for Moen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Moen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Moen CEO David B. Lingafelter. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Moen employees.