Mohawk Global

Updated October 9, 2014
Updated October 9, 2014
1.7

Gar Grannell

A company that has lost it's direction.

I have been working at Mohawk Global

Pros

A few great coworkers that still hang on to the old principals of the company.
    Periodic training opportunities offered.

Cons

Out of touch management.
    Company size does not justify the number of various managers, directors, etc.
    Company has forgotten the value of customer relationships.

A very uncomfortable place to work

I have been working at Mohawk Global full-time

Pros

If you are in customer service in one of the various departments you might find yourself in a somewhat comfortable position just routing and checking on shipments and doing paperwork. That is a pretty easy job and it is how I started out. If you are good at your job and ambitious you can get extra responsibilities and new job titles that look good on a resume. But you are really still just a csr. The company has a good benefits package and a very strong smart and savvy CEO. He is trying to make the company a great place to work. He is a builder and a great people person. The HR department is lead by a person who seems to have a true passion for the position.

Cons

If you want to try to do better here the job will consume your life. The emails never stop and the Blackberry is your leash. in higher level positions there is a lot of stress and work life balance goes out the window. Being on the inside has taught me that you cannot trust upper management. Whether they know it or not most of the employees have a target on their back and almost everyone is a target for replacement. A short while back they brought in a new executive who despite his title has his hands and his arrogance injected into literally every department. After listening to his critical analysis of employee after employee you just know that there is an audience out there to which he berates everyone. He has no appreciation for anyone and he prides himself on his arrogance, ruthlessness and knowledge of red wine.

Get rid of the arrogant executive. You can find someone with great business and leadership skills to replace him. He creates a miserable atmosphere and distrust among many of your employees.

Mohawk Global Logistics was a very unprofessional company and the worst job that I have ever had.

Former Employee - Import Coordinator in Cheektowaga, NY
    Former Employee - Import Coordinator in Cheektowaga, NY

I worked at Mohawk Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There really are not that many pros. I mean, I got a paycheck twice a month and that was a pro. Otherwise, there were no pros.

Cons

No support from management, no training at all. No help from management with learning the job. Benefits are not great. It's the have and the have nots. They let you know which one you are pretty early on.

Just all of you quit and hire some actual people with hearts and brains

Mohawk is the best place to work in Logistics

Current Employee - Office Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Mohawk Global full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked here since 2000 and it is my second home. The management team goes above and beyond to make employees feel appreciated and I love coming to work each day. We have the most experienced team and it is a great working environment.

Cons

We have had a few people who have worked here who were not happy. One bad egg spoils the bunch comes to mind. It's nice when these people realize this is not the type of work that they are suited for and move on. It makes for a better working environment for everyone when you are working with people who enjoy what they do. We have a team of hardworking people who can lean on eachother for support.

Keep showing employees how much they are appreciated by paying a yearly bonus and providing other employee appreciation perks/events.
    Offer potential for growth by setting up career plans for all employees.
    Employees and managers often say that everyone is replaceable. A big part of feeling valued occurs when employees are aware that they add something to the company that no one else can.

Company in desperate need of real management/direction

I worked at Mohawk Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They purchased a new building and built a shrine for the executives. There are many diamonds in the rough, but they are stifled by management and their ideas are stolen and presented as their own.

Cons

focused on how much money can be made and lining the pockets of a select few.

Hire people who actually want to roll-up their sleeves and work.

The most unprofessional and incompetent company I have every worked for

Current Employee - Import Supervisor
    Current Employee - Import Supervisor

I have been working at Mohawk Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunches a couple times a month during peak season.

There are some diamonds among the rough with regards to coworkers.

Cons

The import supervisor position has a lot of responsibility but little authority.

Unprofessional and incompetent management and operations.

Lots of "dead wood" in operations.

Absurd and counterproductive rivalry with Syracuse CHQ.

Awkward and counter-intuitive computer system.

In a two year period, five people have had the import supervisor position . Perhaps this is more of an indication of management's performance than those who have occupied this position. Eliminating some of the personnel in operations would go a long way - especial those who get incensed at having to assist their customers.

Mohawk is not very global with four offices in Upstate New York. Stop trying to undermine each other and work as a team.

The computer program is awkward and counter-intuitive to use, and absolutely NO training is given to even attempt to use it properly.

A more professional appearance. The Rochester office looked like a scene from Hoarders with files and garbage strewn about the office.

A more professional demeanor from management. Conference calls should not begin with five minute diatribes about current employees.

Mohawk Global Photos