Mohawk Industries Reviews

Reset
4.8
Mohawk Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum
Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Pros
  • They offer good benefits to the employees (in 4 reviews)

• Fortune 500 company which is financially secure (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to interact with employees more to know what's going on (in 7 reviews)

1. theft in the work place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mohawk is a great place to work

Cons

employees using Mohawks paper and printer ink to print lots and lots of things for there churches and social events

Advice to Management

need to keep a close eye on what employees are doing

Residential Customer Service Review & Supervisors

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Chatsworth, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Chatsworth, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay...and that's about it.

Cons

-The supervisors in Residential Customer Service are very unorganized. They do not have the ability to voice their opinions for fear of not being approved by a certain group of supervisors. -The company claims to give advancements based by performance....not so on this side. It depends on who you are and who you are not friends with...what church you go to. I have been in both Commercial and Residential....when I moved to Residential it was like working for a completely different company. Favoritism plays a big part. -The company does not allow customer service to better service the customers. We can not tell them certain things, even if we have them right in front of us. This causes our customers to be upset with us...therefore causing our job to be even more stressful.

Advice to Management

Focus on your customers...and your 'lower level' employees. They are what keeps this company going.

Ok place to work , but things need to change if the company wants to be around in 15 years.

Current Employee - Fixer in Chatsworth, GA
    Current Employee - Fixer in Chatsworth, GA

Pros

The pay is good for the area and benefits are ok. The commitment of the employees to one and the other is pretty high as well.

Cons

Where to start. The condition of the equipment and machinery is very poor. The training of new employee's is inadequate. The upper management communication is non existent, in fact the only time you hear from them is when they are unhappy about something. The thing i hate the most is that most everyone just doesn't have any pride in the work they do anymore.

Advice to Management

Ask your hourly workers what is needed to make it a good place to work, and a product to be proud of.

wasted life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, GA

Pros

They have good benefits and the pays not bad

Cons

consent threat of being let go random days off without pay no respect for employ's home life

Advice to Management

work on morale,

Going downhill fast....

Current Employee - Customer Service in Chatsworth, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Chatsworth, GA

Pros

Supervisors are great! Good pay, good benefits like a free on-site clinic, free weight loss/exercise programs, free dental (via dental bus), etc. There are no upsells or high-pressure sells. We handle dealers and sales reps on the phone so you get to know some of your customers which makes for a fun experience, at times.

Cons

HORRIBLE if you have a family. Whether you've been there 1 year or 20, you still only get 3 sick days a year. If you have to leave early due to a family emergency, they not only give you an occurence, but they treat you like you made a bad choice. They only hire supervisors from outside the company now, so it's nearly impossible to move up without changing departments. We used to be able to move up to key accounts, expediting, etc but now they move you up to a "back-up expeditor" which means you do all the work, but with no extra pay. You have to take training classes to get raises, but they hardly ever offer the classes. It's a great environment to work in, but having a family makes it hard.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees! It's much cheaper to take care of the agents you have, than to keep hiring new training classes.

RSS Feed </> Embed