Mohawk Industries

Mohawk Industries Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2014

Mohawk Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Pros:
  • "A large organization with a number of opportunities for growth"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Leader in the flooring industry and a Brand that consumers recognize"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management needs to interact with employees more to know what's going on"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Mediocre benefits and pay, nepotism is rampant, long commute if you live in Atlanta"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

changes are afoot for Mohawk

Intern (Current Employee)
    Calhoun, GA

ProsThe people in my office are great. They want to see me suceed. They are always very helpful and understanding.

Consa lot of people are leaving because of building movement

Enjoyed my years at Mohawk.

Creative Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Dalton, GA

ProsPeople i worked with were great.

ConsUpper management needs to interact with employees more to know what's going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with your employees.

Need Strong Cultural and Diversity training

Creeler (Former Employee)
    Glasgow, VA

ProsGreat pay. Will always have something too do regardless of what shift you may be working on .

ConsVery , very biased and racist plant toward African Americans . Out of the possible 1200 hundred employees, I would say maybe less than 50 are Black. Maybe 1 African American is in a management position. I was told I would never be in management at that plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds Diversity

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treated like you were in grammar school

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDescent pay... however not for what you have to put up with

ConsThey treat their employees like they are in grammar school... Constant threats of punishment or dismissal. Moral is terrible. I left a while back because of this constant badgering. I just wanted to come in a do a good job...and I did a good job! It was never ever enough. One time they would tell you how great you did...and the next is that you did not answer the phone correctly or you did not end the call correctly. There is also so much office politics it is un-real... If they do not come together, the house will fall.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the threats. People are more willing to do a good job with positive attitudes. Value your employees instead of constantly bringing them down.

Okay

ProsGreat place to get started or join from the outside

ConsThey do not promote from within. Lots of turnover

Seniority will get you fired

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Dalton, GA

ProsYou get to look for a new job if you are over 50.

ConsMohawk will destroy your life if you believe you can work til retirement. It appears from the last round of layoffs that old people are the first to go. Salaried personnel jobs are expendable without cause, except to make room for young college kids who work for peanuts and non existent health benefits. If you make it into your 50s you better start looking for another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice? They already know how to pile up cash, isn't that all that matters?

operator in Glasgow, Virginia

ProsIt's a job an that is about it......it pays the bills

ConsPay isn't all that great considering the cost of living in this day an time.

The insurance sucks, deductible is to high, all of the doctors are out of town, so that means you have to drive an hour or more to just go see one. If you leave early to go to the doctor and return to work, low an behold your in trouble, Mohawk counts it against you. If you leave early for a doctors appointment an don't return to work guess what it counts against you. Either way you go, you get in trouble. But what Mohawk doesn't understand with the insurance they gave their employee's you have to go out of town for doctor appointments. An most doctor offices close at 5 o'clock. If an employee has to drive an hour or more they have to leave work early just to get to the appointment. So the choice is the employee's go to the doctor, get in trouble for leaving early an take a chance you might, an I did say might lose your job. I feel sorry for employee's whom have a lot of heath issues or family members that do.

There is no handbook for Mohawk employee's so that means they can "change the rules" to tailor to the company. How does Mohawk expect their employee's to keep up with all the rule changes without a handbook?

Advice to Senior ManagementYou better step up to the plate an listen to your employee's more and not hear just what you want to hear. I will tell you what I hear everyday, that you take, take, take from your employee's and change, change, change everything but you don't give nothing back in return and you turn a blind eye to some big problems. Your employee's don't say to much for fear of losing their jobs.

Rewarding in experience

ProsExperience, travel, freedom, competitive compensation

ConsDepends on the territory you receive

Systems Specialist

Systems Specialist (Former Employee)
    Marietta, GA

ProsLots of opportunities to work on. Developer is responsible for own app. Thus a good place to work.

ConsTo many meeting in Dalton and Calhoun, so commute is an issue. Some processes and development best practices should be in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould implement Web conferencing to reduce the number of hours spend in travelling to Dalton and Calhoun. Increase the number of holidays for IT Staff.

Mohawk Industries

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
    Flower Mound, TX

ProsCompetitive compensation/benefits, sustainability; good mix of product availability to fit every market

ConsConfusing communication with corporate offices regarding policies/procedures; some departments have unsatisfactory follow up

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Some concerns or ideas are valid and will be bring positive change to the department.

Worked for Mohawk Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Mohawk Industries Videos

Mohawk Industries – Why Work for Us?

Overview & History Mohawk Industries is one of the foremost manufacturers and distributors of residential and commercial flooring in the world. We enjoy leading market positions across multiple flooring categories… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mohawk Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mohawk Industries CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum. All 89 reviews posted anonymously by Mohawk Industries employees.