Mohawk Industries

Mohawk Industries Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2014

Mohawk Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Pros:
  • "A large organization with a number of opportunities for growth"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Leader in the flooring industry and a Brand that consumers recognize"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management needs to interact with employees more to know what's going on"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Mediocre benefits and pay, nepotism is rampant, long commute if you live in Atlanta"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Most unprofessional HR Staff ever

Dalton, GA

ProsAfter 2 years with the company, I can't find any. I know quite a few people ACTIVELY looking for other jobs, including myself.

ConsThe HR staff are the most unprofessional I've ever come across, they don't bother to return calls or emails when you are trying to find out information from them. When they know the information you are looking for is not their responsibility, they are quick to give you someone else's name in HR, who of course would never get back to you. They talk about retention but when you approach them about looking into other areas within the company, they don't want to talk to you. They would rather hire from outside than give internal candidates a chance to interview for internal job postings!

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is 2013, you should allow your employees the flexibility of working from home especially when you gave them laptops! You expect your employees to do their best and keep up with current trends when you refuse to invest in their education and getting necessary certifications? You need to start paying attention to your HR staff, they are a major reason why you keep losing good employees, mandate them to at least talk to internal candidates who apply for jobs instead of just ignoring their application.

Operator

Operator (Current Employee)
    Glasgow, VA

ProsOk pay for the area

ConsTook the job last year because the benifits was good . Left a good paying job cause the insurance got to expensive . Doing my interview hr showed me the benifit package. Way cheaper than other job . So I could afford to take a cut in pay . Now 5 months down the road they give us the worst insurance I have ever seen . I have a family that needed good benefits as my husband and sons medication is over 3000 month without a prescription card . Now this insurance wont cover my families heath issues. How can a company live with themselves for doing this to there employees . Shame on mohawk . Im am job searching now in order to provide good insurance for them . We are a middle class family trying to get by . Unable to receive goverment help . Thanks for ruining my life m

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the inpact you are putting your employees through ,do to being cheap . Keep hiring the non citizens and watch your company fall . Which I prey it does . How can upper management sleep at night ??? I know I cant cause iam wonder month to month how to pay for my families medication and calling the doctors to cancell appointment because who can meet a 3200 deductible . May god have mercy on you.

If you are a minority don't bother

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsFlexibility with work life balance

ConsHealth Insureance, not that great. There is absolutely not diversity. No people of color in management except the CIO who they just hired recently. Few women in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity is a good thing. Train your managers to hire a good mix of qualified people from minority groups.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Have worked for better companies

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsCan't think of any pros, but some upper management does care about their employees

ConsCurrent management without higher education promotes non degreed employees over degreeded employees.

If you want good benefits, looks elsewhere

ProsPay is decent. Training and education benefits are excellent.

ConsMedical benefits are now virtually non-existent, yet the upper management are doing very, very well for themselves. No loyalty from the company towards its employees. Very little room for advancement, unless you do a lot of ass-kissing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being greedy and take care of your employees. Taking away our medical benefits is not only unethical, but it's a very poor management decision, as productivity is bound to decrease as your workers become less healthy.

Company can do better

Dalton, GA

ProsSome managers actually know what it means to manage.

ConsCommunication problems, and location can be unattractive to potential job seekers.

Be carful when looking here for a career...things you must know first.

Sales, Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Bolingbrook, IL

ProsBig company...largest in Industry...stock seems to do well. I learned very much here, but could be even better...

ConsIts all about who you kiss up to. Many narcissistic management who will cut you out quickly even if you have been there for a while. Even customers can read through the fake management.
    It's funny that the motivating and truly positive managers get cut out in fear that they may shine above the others who have different ways of managing (narcissistic management). The CEO (owner) Jeff has surrounded himself with these types of managers. Many have busted their butt's for this company making a difference, but then you get fired, because you forgot to invite someone to golf on the company dime. I know many of those managers who behind the scenes of work are pretty normal, but just to put on a show for other fellow managers when in the office in fear of not fitting in and losing their jobs. Many good people have lost their jobs with this company because of this so be aware. Again, you will not move up if you said something that some manager was not happy with, but agreed with you at the time. The TM's who I now deal with as my current vendors will rag on their current managers every time I see them. It's too bad...this company has pushed me to work for myself, because I know what it takes to make things work right after working there...thanks for that

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horse and believe in your teams. Don't be so fake because people can read through it, but I guess you just follow the leader that Jeff has surrounding himself with. People buy from people they TRUST and LIKE. I guess you will always have to look over your back because your always afraid of losing your job...The customer is most of the time right...remember? I have had Mohawk manager yell at me on the phone and even hang up on me...I guess that's alright?

Fair company to work for.

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
    Calhoun, GA

ProsPay is on par with average in the industry.

ConsHealth insurance is getting more and more iffy and time progresses.

Residential Customer Service Review & Supervisors

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Chatsworth, GA

ProsGood pay...and that's about it.

Cons-The supervisors in Residential Customer Service are very unorganized. They do not have the ability to voice their opinions for fear of not being approved by a certain group of supervisors.
    -The company claims to give advancements based by performance....not so on this side. It depends on who you are and who you are not friends with...what church you go to. I have been in both Commercial and Residential....when I moved to Residential it was like working for a completely different company. Favoritism plays a big part.
    -The company does not allow customer service to better service the customers. We can not tell them certain things, even if we have them right in front of us. This causes our customers to be upset with us...therefore causing our job to be even more stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your customers...and your 'lower level' employees. They are what keeps this company going.

It is a great company to jump start your career.

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee)
    Dalton, GA

ProsFlexible work schedule. Encourage employees to get higher education. You can learn a lot about the textile industry especially carpet. Excellent health benefits.

ConsNo big on mobility within the company

Worked for Mohawk Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Mohawk Industries Videos

Mohawk Industries – Why Work for Us?

Overview & History Mohawk Industries is one of the foremost manufacturers and distributors of residential and commercial flooring in the world. We enjoy leading market positions across multiple flooring categories… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mohawk Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mohawk Industries CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum. All 89 reviews posted anonymously by Mohawk Industries employees.