Mohawk Industries

Mohawk Industries Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2014

Mohawk Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Pros:
  • "A large organization with a number of opportunities for growth"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Leader in the flooring industry and a Brand that consumers recognize"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management needs to interact with employees more to know what's going on"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Mediocre benefits and pay, nepotism is rampant, long commute if you live in Atlanta"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Mohawk is a great company to work for that truly values their employes.

Management (Current Employee)
    Lyerly, GA

ProsMohawk has competitive salaries. For NW Georgia we have great Healthy Life Center managed by Cigna that helps drastically reduce cost for your family health care cost. We also have many additional benefits in some of the plant areas, dental bus, mammography bus, blood drives and many more. Most importantly Mohawk's top leadership does put the health and welfare of our employees first.

ConsI can't think of any, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake time for employees input and let them know some of the great things we do for the communities in which we live.

Many twists and turns

ProsProducts are good. Heading in the right direction.

ConsCustomers say that Mohawk is difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline the sales process, beginning with Customer Service

Mohawk is an Old School Company that needs a remake

Calhoun, GA

ProsIf you live up in Northwest GA or Dallas, TX this is a pretty good place to work if you're looking for a Corporate jobs. If you live in Atlanta the drive is killer and the pay is not competitive to city jobs.

Benefits are competitive for Manufacturing Environment but not competitive for Corporate jobs.

Onsite clinics a plus, but they use them beat you over the head about your health. If you're fat/unhealthy and don't show progress you're going to pay extra for benefits. Cost continually rises.

ConsCompany leadership can't communicate to employees. PTO is horrible because it's tied to the Manufacturing environment so you have to negotiate at hire. Only 7 paid Holidays because it's tied to the Manufacturing environment.

They are paternalistic. They don't trust their employees to do much for themselves.

For the hourly population you really should think about unionizing. If you knew the lengths the company goes to squash your rights to organize, then you'd be very upset. Mohawk needs a union to force change.

Hourly work is tough hard work and you're only paid similar to Shaw.

Advice to Senior ManagementMohawk Corporate needs to understand that professionals with the skill set they are looking for don't live in NW GA they live in the metro Atlanta area. Closing the Marietta Office was a BIG mistake. HUGE! You should have expanded it.

Jeff Lorberbaum should retire and pass the reigns to Chris Wellborn. Jeff you were great for your time but your time has passed. Mohawk is a big company with big problems that aren't going to be fixed by not mowing the lawn at the corporate office or having cheap facilities. Mohawk should be a place people want to work at not a place they want to leave.

Exempt Employee's benefits should be separated from the hourly population.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging and opportunities for growth.

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEntrapuneur Enviroment . Most recognized brand by consumers in the industry. Support by management is beneficial.

ConsIt's a big ship to turn.

I am a dedicated forklift operator.

Forklift Operator (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsI like the hours that I work. My hours are 2:00am until 10:00am in the morning. I'm off every weekend, so thats a plus.

ConsThe people I work with are not nice at all. When you give a hundred percent you should at least be notice for the team effort you put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like adults not little kids.

excellent, currently employed 10 years

Weaver (Current Employee)
    Landrum, SC

Prosgood pay good job, good freinds

Consneeds improvement with communications, need more career training

Advice to Senior Managementneed more communication with all staff

Plant Manager

Plant Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsGood work environment and company is stable.

ConsBecause it is a big company any decision to be made requires approval from corporate and it slows down the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Mohawk invests in their employees' future.

ProsMohawk is a healthy organization that continued to grow and evolve even when others were shutting their doors. Mohawk believes in investing in the future. Mohawk offers an excellent tuition reimbursement benefit and 401K package with excellent matching percentages. Mohawk provides extensive training opportunities. Those who are serious about learning and growing will find Mohawk to be an excellent place to work.

ConsTo be a cut above the rest, change must continue to occur and Mohawk does that but sometime the changes can be overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciation starts at the top.

Mohawk is an innovative company, always on the cutting edge. Mohawk is well established and moving in the right directio

ProsGreat company to work for....people oriented.

ConsCommunication could be better across the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication could be better across the organization.

Typical big company, both good and bad, and always red tape to cut through.

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is corporately invested in being the best it can be. The products and technology offered are truly cutting edge relative to the rest of the industry. Mohawk prides itself on bringing value and more profitability to the flooring industry, which despite massive objection from competition, does a great job. Also there are many outlets within the company: hard surface, soft surface, commercial, multi-family.

ConsVery much a top-down management style throughout the company. The words constructive criticism have probably never been uttered in Dalton, GA (corporate headquarters). The companies' number one goal is protecting shareholder interest and that is made very clear. As an employee you will be made to feel like a number, and speaking of numbers, if your sales numbers aren't up from the previous year, expect to be looking for another job. Also, as with a lot of big companies, lots of red tape to get through, and that has become customer's perception of Mohawk: "hard to do business with".

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees and lower level management to make decisions to at least give the perception of Mohawk as a flexible company. Quit making one size fits all templates in Ga and applying it to the rest of the country. Markets are different and so are customers. Technology is great, but having a practical use for it is the of the utmost importance; hire a few young up and comers in corporate and allow them to lead the charge. Along those lines, start looking for a more modern company culture: work hard/play hard, value and reward creative thinking on all levels, and get away from the good ole boy mentality.

Worked for Mohawk Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Mohawk Industries Videos

Mohawk Industries – Why Work for Us?

Overview & History Mohawk Industries is one of the foremost manufacturers and distributors of residential and commercial flooring in the world. We enjoy leading market positions across multiple flooring categories… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mohawk Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mohawk Industries CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum. All 89 reviews posted anonymously by Mohawk Industries employees.