Mohawk Industries

Updated November 6, 2014
3.5

Mohawk Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum
Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Pros
  • They offer good benefits to the employees (in 4 reviews)

• As one will read in the company overview, Mohawk Industries is a Fortune 500 multinational company and the world's largest flooring manufacturer (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to interact with employees more to know what's going on (in 7 reviews)

• To many meeting in Dalton and Calhoun, so commute is an issue (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

great work place

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time

Pros

great place to work. very nice people.

Cons

no cons with this company

Twister

I have been working at Mohawk Industries

Pros

Getting paid every week. The pay is okay.

Cons

No breaks or releave person to make sure everyone get a break during a 12 hr shift.

I'm very happy with this company.

I have been working at Mohawk Industries

Pros

I'm not very happy with the salary

Cons

I'm forced to work very long hours

Compensation

High Stress Environment

Current Employee - Production Mechanic in Roanoke, AL
    Current Employee - Production Mechanic in Roanoke, AL

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Most hourly employees are friendly and work well together.

Cons

Management wants things done a certain way and in a certain amount of time...that's impossible to do sometimes...they have no idea whats going on on the floor because all they do is sit at a computer all day..employees should have a say in how duties are performed.

Listen to your employees....chances are they more about how to make the job more efficient than you...book smarts doesn't equal common sense.

Great company

I have been working at Mohawk Industries

Pros

Large financially secure company. Decent be fits although becoming worse each year. Large organization with average opportunity to advance

Cons

Very make dominated in a male dominated industry

Share more informTion with the rank and file

Overall great atmosphere with great people.

I have been working at Mohawk Industries

Pros

good people to work with fast pace of work

Cons

small location in salt lake, no room to grow.

Inhumane

Former Employee - Creeler in Glasgow, VA
    Former Employee - Creeler in Glasgow, VA

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is nothing good about Mohawk at least for its labor force.

Cons

Discriminates against disabled employees. I was denied a promotion because of a disability I have. I could have sought legal action but thankfully I found a job somewhere else. My advice to anyone seeking employment here; Please look somewhere else.

Don't enslave your workforce by coercing new hires to sign anti-union agreement contracts for compensation. Also the open door policy is a joke and anyone with common sense could see that it is simply a legal hedge that Mohawk has to create the illusion that it cares about its employees whilst placing every labor employee in chains. For instance providing basic healthcare and yet denying an employee time off (Unpaid time to be exact) to seek medical attention.

Mohawk Industries Response

Oct 27, 2014Admin

Mohawk Industries Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants and employees for job openings and evaluate them without regard to mental or physical ... More

A great company providing great experience.

Current Employee - Intern - Human Resources in Calhoun, GA
    Current Employee - Intern - Human Resources in Calhoun, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As one will read in the company overview, Mohawk Industries is a Fortune 500 multinational company and the world's largest flooring manufacturer. Mohawk Ind. grows through acquisitions of other companies and has been growing exponentially. With that being said, odds are you've had multiple Mohawk products in your house and weren't even aware of it.
    I had an amazing opportunity to work with this company through a summer internship program--interns worked in all different departments of this massive company and were spread across northwest Georgia. Unlike the internship stereotype, the summer interns were given meaningful projects to work on that would not only give the intern experience but also move the company forward. I for one know I have left my mark on the company (in a positive way). Now, I will admit, not all of the interns received the same quality of internship or project--some were given more tedious and less important tasks, but being so spread out... Not all bosses/supervisors are created equal. As a whole, I heard minimal complaints from the other interns and all of them showed interest and excitement to come back next year for the next summer internship program.
    Not many companies offer college students the quality of experience or the compensation that Mohawk does. I am very happy to have gained such valuable experience and actually noticeably push the company forward... and all while getting paid! I really enjoyed all of the people I worked with and the connections I made as well. As long as you're effective at your job and have a good attitude, you'll do well in this company.

Cons

Communication, or lack there of. As large as Mohawk is, it is still managed as a small business. I believe that has been extremely effective in growing the company to the size it is now, but it has also created some major inter-department communication problems. Each department operates almost autonomously from other departments--one department will spend days working on something that another department already has made. It's ineffective and counterproductive to spend so much time on something when someone could just walk across the hall and have it handed to him or her. Also, many times, there is a lack of a clear directory to find who or where you should go for a certain thing. Sometimes it's a project in and of itself to find the person you need.

Communication inside the company. Departments need to work more closely with each other and not have to jump through hoops just to acquire some simple information. Mohawk Industries is the world's largest flooring manufacturer, it needs to start acting and operating like it.

23 years of exemplary service discounted because of an honest mistake.

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Really enjoyed my particular job. Had much freedom to learn, grow, gain experience and utilize my talents in my area of employment. Above average pay.

Cons

Employees are just objects to be used and discarded at the whim of the company. Not a very family-friendly place.

Stop placing profit above people. If you take care of people (invest in your employees, care about what is important to them and support those things), the people will take care of your bottom line. Don't discharge employees with no regard to their years of service, work record/ethic, an/or character. Unusual circumstances call for discretion and discernment regarding the enforcement of "rules". Lastly, listen to the people actually doing the work; they can help things run so much more efficiently.

very good work there and no hard

Current Employee - Machine Operation in Tifton, GA
    Current Employee - Machine Operation in Tifton, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

because not hard work and people or nice

Cons

long driver and heat in side there