Mohawk Industries Reviews

Updated April 18, 2015
119 reviews filtered by

1. Overall great atmosphere with great people.

I have been working at Mohawk Industries

Pros

good people to work with fast pace of work

Cons

small location in salt lake, no room to grow.

High Stress Environment

Current Employee - Production Mechanic in Roanoke, AL
    Current Employee - Production Mechanic in Roanoke, AL

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most hourly employees are friendly and work well together.

Cons

Management wants things done a certain way and in a certain amount of time...that's impossible to do sometimes...they have no idea whats going on on the floor because all they do is sit at a computer all day..employees should have a say in how duties are performed.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees....chances are they more about how to make the job more efficient than you...book smarts doesn't equal common sense.

3. A great company providing great experience.

Current Intern - Intern - Human Resources in Calhoun, GA
    Current Intern - Intern - Human Resources in Calhoun, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As one will read in the company overview, Mohawk Industries is a Fortune 500 multinational company and the world's largest flooring manufacturer. Mohawk Ind. grows through acquisitions of other companies and has been growing exponentially. With that being said, odds are you've had multiple Mohawk products in your house and weren't even aware of it.
    I had an amazing opportunity to work with this company through a summer internship program--interns worked in all different departments of this massive company and were spread across northwest Georgia. Unlike the internship stereotype, the summer interns were given meaningful projects to work on that would not only give the intern experience but also move the company forward. I for one know I have left my mark on the company (in a positive way). Now, I will admit, not all of the interns received the same quality of internship or project--some were given more tedious and less important tasks, but being so spread out... Not all bosses/supervisors are created equal. As a whole, I heard minimal complaints from the other interns and all of them showed interest and excitement to come back next year for the next summer internship program.
    Not many companies offer college students the quality of experience or the compensation that Mohawk does. I am very happy to have gained such valuable experience and actually noticeably push the company forward... and all while getting paid! I really enjoyed all of the people I worked with and the connections I made as well. As long as you're effective at your job and have a good attitude, you'll do well in this company.

Cons

Communication, or lack there of. As large as Mohawk is, it is still managed as a small business. I believe that has been extremely effective in growing the company to the size it is now, but it has also created some major inter-department communication problems. Each department operates almost autonomously from other departments--one department will spend days working on something that another department already has made. It's ineffective and counterproductive to spend so much time on something when someone could just walk across the hall and have it handed to him or her. Also, many times, there is a lack of a clear directory to find who or where you should go for a certain thing. Sometimes it's a project in and of itself to find the person you need.

Advice to Management

Communication inside the company. Departments need to work more closely with each other and not have to jump through hoops just to acquire some simple information. Mohawk Industries is the world's largest flooring manufacturer, it needs to start acting and operating like it.

23 years of exemplary service discounted because of an honest mistake.

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really enjoyed my particular job. Had much freedom to learn, grow, gain experience and utilize my talents in my area of employment. Above average pay.

Cons

Employees are just objects to be used and discarded at the whim of the company. Not a very family-friendly place.

Advice to Management

Stop placing profit above people. If you take care of people (invest in your employees, care about what is important to them and support those things), the people will take care of your bottom line. Don't discharge employees with no regard to their years of service, work record/ethic, an/or character. Unusual circumstances call for discretion and discernment regarding the enforcement of "rules". Lastly, listen to the people actually doing the work; they can help things run so much more efficiently.

6. This has been the best job I've ever had

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Calhoun, GA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Calhoun, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern I have gained valuable experience towards my college degree. All of the things that are being covered in my courses are things that I experience on a daily basis at Mohawk. The work is challenging, but very fun.

Cons

Travel. If you live in the Metro area, it will take you around 45 minutes to an hour to get to work. I enjoy driving, so this hasn't been a big issue for me and the driving is always easy (traffic wise) since everyone heads towards Atlanta in the mornings.

7. Good place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leading company in producing flooring very stable company been around a long time.

Cons

Not that much room for advacement .

8. 12 years of great working conditions

Former Employee - Department Manager in Calhoun, GA
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Calhoun, GA

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to determine problems; formlate solutions; deal with company retail outlets and transportation terminals and transportation professional throughout North America; create and implement company guidelines and KPIs; ability to perform duties autonimously without direct supervision.

Cons

Working in corporate environment where major decisions are made by people concerned more with bottom dollar rather than what needs to be done to done to be more efficient.

Advice to Management

listen more to hands-on managers

Narcissistic middle management

Former Employee - Territory Manager Hard Surface in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Territory Manager Hard Surface in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A decent group of coworkers that you can talk with about the miserable environment.

Cons

3,000 emails a day. Nonstop unrealistic demands that you couldn't even attempt to accomplish because you have to be on to many demotivating conference calls. So over managed it's counterproductive.

Advice to Management

Find something else to do to justify your job other than pound on the people that are actually doing productive work. Tracking your employees with electronic devices? Really? Creepy! There's not one person I know at Mohawk that's happy and they all have one foot out the door. You have been able to retain and torture people due to the bad economy and that's the only reason.

Company does NOT take care of their employees,

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They offer good benefits to the employees.

Cons

People are promoted into different departments without knowledge of running these departments. it's not how hard you work it is who you are friends with in upper management.

Advice to Management

Major decisions are made with the bottom dollar in mind and not what needs to get done.

11. ive really enjoyed the ten years at this company

Current Employee - Weaver in Landrum, SC
    Current Employee - Weaver in Landrum, SC

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

salary is great people are friendly

Cons

company needs to recreate new business connections and to grow the employment rate

Advice to Management

please be patient with your employees and take there advice.